Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

One of my buddies from APB called me from across the continent today to give me the good news.  I know several of my friends that will be going back.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm curious in what form it will be released.  Most likely free to play with microtransaction if it follows in the footsteps of other games owned by the same corporation.  I hope they slap some kind of decent anticheat on it.

I wonder if we will have to start all over again or be able to use our toons that we left behind.  I think it would be a great pr move if we could return to our previous characters with all our items.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I'm boycotting the game because of its new publisher.

I bought a game which didn't work from 2K games, sent e-mails asking for assistance to their tech support, and never got any reply. Once they have your money, their support is non-existent.

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

Some of the best news I have heard in awhile.

I hate seeing games get taken offline.

Rest In Peace - Auto Assault

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

2.4 million? Holy shit! They got this thing crazy cheap, unless they are also adopting all of the debt. I am promise you that making APB likely took a HELL of a lot more money than that. It would be like buying a 2009 BMW for 5 grand.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

K2 (aka GamersFirst) is probably the best company out there for turning dead games around. They bought out 9 Dragons after Acclaim went under. 9 Dragons would have shut down if not for K2 and now the game is prospering. If any company can save a dead game it is K2 and GamersFirst. Cheers for the best possible outcome.

• heyokheyok Member Posts: 9

Do you know anymore about 9Dragons? Does K2 actually update that game and do they update the game with any frequency or quality?

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by Vrika

I'm boycotting the game because of its new publisher.

I bought a game which didn't work from 2K games, sent e-mails asking for assistance to their tech support, and never got any reply. Once they have your money, their support is non-existent.

Errr... 2K =/= K2

K2 is a Korean (?) company that works with F2P MMOs, whereas 2K is an American company that has developed/ distributed some really fantastic games.

• heyokheyok Member Posts: 9

According to Wikipedia, K2 is a US company that releases Asian games in the US. It seems like they are the support business, not the development business.