Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Exclusive Screens #2

2»

Comments

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

Originally posted by Rynne

Originally posted by Yamota

Number of people subscribing does not  absolutely matter? What world are you living in? Ofcourse the number of people buying and subscriber to the game matters for them, probably it is what matters to them more than everything else.

They are not in this for their health you know. The amount of money they get, not only pay their salaries, but also gives them possibility to improve on the game even more.

It sounds to me that you have some inside information on the game that other people lack so please share. If not then shut your mouth, you are just making an ass of yourself.

If you actually took the time to read the post I replied to and make yourself sound less ignorant, you would know it was the guy who was worried about the game succeeding while he liked the game's features that I originally answered. Never did I say the developers don't care about the amount of subscribers they have or going to have; I was saying that as long as the playerbase is enough for it to work with a player based world and economy, the amount of subscribers should not directly affect a player's opinion on the game. So again, I never mentioned anything about the developers regarding the subscriptions, you are only making youself sound stupid.

Originally posted by Arquiteto

Number of people subscribing does not  absolutely matter? What world are you living in? Ofcourse the number of people buying and subscriber to the game matters for them, probably it is what matters to them more than everything else.

They are not in this for their health you know. The amount of money they get, not only pay their salaries, but also gives them possibility to improve on the game even more.

It sounds to me that you have some inside information on the game that other people lack so please share. If not then shut your mouth, you are just making an ass of yourself.

If you actually took the time to read the post I replied to and make yourself sound less ignorant, you would know it was the guy who was worried about the game succeeding while he liked the game's features that I originally answered. Never did I say the developers don't care about the amount of subscribers they have or going to have; I was saying that as long as the playerbase is enough for it to work with a player based world and economy, the amount of subscribers should not directly affect a player's opinion on the game. So again, I never mentioned anything about the developers regarding the subscriptions, you are only making youself sound stupid.

A low population will effect any pvper's opinion of the game.That is a Fact not opinion. 

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

A low population will effect any pvper's opinion of the game.That is a Fact not opinion. 

So the game's population being 50k, 100k, 1m or 5m will affect a pvper's opinion of the game even if he is not going to interact with even 1/10th of that. Intersting.

So the game's population being 50k, 100k, 1m or 5m will affect a pvper's opinion of the game even if he is not going to interact with even 1/10th of that. Intersting.

Your trolling. Now I get it. I'm done here.

• ThunderbullThunderbull Member UncommonPosts: 4

the more i see such chats the more i think hype attempt not so mediocre :)

42 is the answer

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I'm just looking forward to driving this baby.  I'd so hope it comes out this year.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Waiting on the game... screenie looks like shit.

I want video even if they plan on pushing the game release back i need to know they improved the combat with my own eyes.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

2 years ago i was really interested in the game, now i could really care less until i see videos or get some release date that can get me to part with 60$. No use waiting for a game that has been in development for so long with little to go on besides a year old video and a bunch of screenshots.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by lectrocuda

Originally posted by StoogeMonkey

They are working with interplay on a Fallout mmo so I wouldn't be surprised if this is on the back burner, Earthrise seems like competition for "Fallout Online" so its all a bit curious.

Would be nice if they cleared it all up tbh :/

I was under the impression that the fallout mmo was utilizing the earthrise engine. That does not necessarily mean they are working together. I believe if they are supplying the engine then their capacity would be as customer service for the engine.

Correct me if I am wrong because I am no mmo sage.

In a recent FalloutOnlineForum Q&A with Lead Systems Designer Chris Taylor he admits that MHS has been supplying them with an enormous amount of art assets.

Clearly MHS is devoting a lot of time and resources towards FOOL and I would have to imagine at the expense of ER.

Your trolling. Now I get it. I'm done here.

All we get out of overhype and regular PR of other games is excitement that mostly leads to disappointment. How many more of this do you need to get to realise that?

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Need gameplay footage. Need updated dev blogs. With every new screenshot my hype for this game dwindles.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Yup I agree..  We need live footage of combat and a tasty crafting vid would'nt go amiss..

Site says 2010 release, I say hmmmmmmm

Wolf...

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

*snort*

what?!  what?!   game where?

oh...Eearthrise...

ZZZzzz

Seriously tho.   Dont post if its not a Video.      can photoshop osmoneelse to death..

It..Burns..

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

sort have to agree with the consensus that the "exclusive screenshot" posts have gotten a bit gimmicky and just seem like an artificial means to keep some hype going. Personally, I'd prefer mmorpg.com cover some devblogs or something with some actual info as opposed to some eye candy.

That is just my desire as a potential customer though. I do realize that some of mastheads priorities might have shifted with the Interplay stuff and the game will release when it releases. It's really a tight rope between overhyping and generating just enough excitement. I haven't seen a company get it right yet :P

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• TerminatusTerminatus Member Posts: 104

Star Trek Online had alot of Hype... it had more than only screenshots... it had a fast developing pace...

...and look how awesome it got... oh yeah... sigh...

Originally posted by Terminatus

Star Trek Online had alot of Hype... it had more than only screenshots... it had a fast developing pace...

...and look how awesome it got... oh yeah... sigh...

This is what most people don't get. The game doesn't need hype, it doesn't need to give out any info at all, not even screenshots to begin with. If we like it, we'll play it much like singleplayer games.