Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cool first impressions gameplay review - TGN

Just wanted to share with you a video review I saw of  Allods. I haven't seen too many recent reviews so it was cool to see one done by this guy. I enjoyed watching his video and thought his foul language used was pretty funny x3

http://tgntimes.com/allods-first-impressions-gameplay-review-tgn/

Comments

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

It is funny, it sounds like something you'd have said about this game 8 months ago or something, way prepatch. If this is indeed recent it just shows that he didn't get very far at all.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• withintemptwithintempt Member Posts: 75

He does bring up a lot of good points for a first impressions video. Quality of the game matches those of a p2p. Also very similar but diffferent than WoW.

Of course he brings some good points for a first impressions review, but that's all it is, first impressions, and there's nothing in there that I haven't seen anywhere else in other first impressions vids. It reminds me of the feeling we all had in early closed beta and open beta days, the game we all fell head over heels in love with. The game we all loved, until mail.ru decided to kick us all where it hurts, repeatedly.

Edit: typo.

Originally posted by Yaruna

Of course he bring some good points for a first impressions review, but that's all it is, first impressions, and there's nothing in there that I haven't seen anywhere else in other first impressions vids. It reminds me of the feeling we all had in early closed beta and open beta days, the game we all fell head over heels in love with. The game we all loved until mail.ru decided to kick us all where it hurts, repeatedly.

Well I'm still playing the game along with lots of other players. Lots of people gave up too easily after hearing about the changes back in July without even trying the new patch. Why would you stop playing without even trying out new content?

But with recent patch that gives out all the CS items, it fixed the issue that people complained about a long time ago.

I didn't stop playing without trying out the new content, it's just that the changes were killing the game and the new content was crap, that's all. It was enough to stop me from really playing the game, but I stuck around for a while, dumbfounded as I was: "Did they really just kill this great game with one stupid patch?". Some, but not all, of the game killers are gone now, but the new content is still pretty much crap, Gipat anyone? I'm hoping for the next PvP patch to bring some life to this pay to win game but I doubt this game will ever be as succesful as it used to be.

Yeah, I'm looking forwad to next patch's pvp content. We'll see what it brings next month.