Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok whats the new selling point of Dragon Age 2? Anything new?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Does it have a better combat system on the consoles?

Did Bioware give the game a actual world this time instead of small instances?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

According to Bioware, yes to all of your questions except for the game world.

They havent spoken on the size of the game world as far as I've heard.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

I will definitely give DA2 a try, especially with the new combat system I saw from videos. I always saw "Dragon Age, best rpg of the year" or "best game of the year" flying around and yet I didn't like the game a lot myself. I found it a bit boring but with the changes to the sequel I think positively.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

link me to a video of the combat system on the consoles please.

I remember in DAO the combat was different from the PC. much worse.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by MMOExposed

link me to a video of the combat system on the consoles please.

I remember in DAO the combat was different from the PC. much worse.

Simply put its more God of War style.

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

If I remember correctly from the game informer article, then the game is fully voiced.  Also, they are working on making the game style (constant pausing) better on the consoles.  

-------------------------

• kverikkverik Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Does it have a better combat system on the consoles?

Did Bioware give the game a actual world this time instead of small instances?

Hi, I did not like a completly story driven based game where the plot was the main idea of the entire game, I felt the action was kind of weak. However many people who love Bioware's iconic story driven based gameplay loved it like they thought it was another great game from bioware. Other than delivering a brand new story to a story driven based game what can they do to appease me the person that just spam clicked a during all the parts where characters spoke?

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

I bet they speed up the Baulder's Gate style of gameplay and throw in some more action for player controlled bits. I wouldn't expect too much more of a change from it's strategy game past.

I'd also bet it's hub based action again.

So no. If that's your criteria then probably not.

• janstenjansten Member Posts: 12

I played Dragon Age on pc and loved it. I didnt have any problems with the combat. I do hate to hear when they dont get a game properly ported over from pc to console or vice versa. I have played many of pc games that were great games but I never finished due to crap controls that no one bothered to port over properly from a console.. image

-Janson