Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PnC vs WASD related to equilibrium issues

IdgiIdgi Member UncommonPosts: 11

I can't play WASD games because of the way the camera follows causes problems with my equilibrium. This is actually a common problem & is a main reason some people don't game. So I'm always on the look out for decent PnC games, unfortunately it usually takes quite some time to find out what the game uses, many times I end up just downloading & trying them to find out. I'd love to see this added as a category to the game list.

In the mean time,  I'm hoping that we can start a list here of some good PnC games.  The only criteria is that the game be PnC, everything else is just a matter of taste & personal preference.

Lets see if we can keep the tempers & egos in check. If you're just here to flame & try to make yourself look cool, save it, you're only making yourself irrelevant.

So thanks in advance for everyone that contributes!

Sorry...Added:  PnC = Point & Click

Comments

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Originally posted by Idgi

I can't play WASD games because of the way the camera follows causes problems with my equilibrium. This is actually a common problem & is a main reason some people don't game. So I'm always on the look out for decent PnC games, unfortunately it usually takes quite some time to find out what the game uses, many times I end up just downloading & trying them to find out. I'd love to see this added as a category to the game list.

In the mean time,  I'm hoping that we can start a list here of some good PnC games.  The only criteria is that the game be PnC, everything else is just a matter of taste & personal preference.

Lets see if we can keep the tempers & egos in check. If you're just here to flame & try to make yourself look cool, save it, you're only making yourself irrelevant.

So thanks in advance for everyone that contributes!

Excuse my ignorance here but what is "PnC" means? Is it Point and Click. (just came to me...lol)?

Let's party like it is 1863!

• dkniftondknifton Member Posts: 24

point and click....

• vajravvajrav Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 146

I can sympathize, I have the same problem, but it's not as severe as in your case. I can play WASD games with smooth slow camera movements, but I absolutely cannot play first person games. This is the main reason why I didn't even try Darkfall. Also this is the reason why beating Portal was so difficult for me. I loved the game, but it made me want to throw up every 15 minutes.

As for suggestions, apart from Korean grinders, the only PnC MMO I have played is Eternal Lands. It's in eternal beta and it looks weird, but it has some nice sandbox-ish features.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Originally posted by vajrav

I can sympathize, I have the same problem, but it's not as severe as in your case. I can play WASD games with smooth slow camera movements, but I absolutely cannot play first person games. This is the main reason why I didn't even try Darkfall. Also this is the reason why beating Portal was so difficult for me. I loved the ggame, but it made me want to throw up every 15 minutes.

As for suggestions, apart from Korean grinders, the only PnC MMO I have played is Eternal Lands. It's in eternal beta and it looks weird, but it has some nice sandbox-ish features.

On the Darkfall comment....not meaning to hijack the thread....they just implemented 3rd person view except when using a bow or staff. Minor concession but since you don't have to use magic in combat all the time nor do you need to use a bow, it might be a good chance to try it.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

PnC = point and click, im not sure...

I think WoW has that as an option, its been a while.

Guild Wars I think as well

Most free to play mmos use the point and click mechanic I think but as far as AAA mmo's that do im kind of at a loss, sorry I coulnd be more help.

• vajravvajrav Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 146

Originally posted by Gruug

Originally posted by vajrav

I can sympathize, I have the same problem, but it's not as severe as in your case. I can play WASD games with smooth slow camera movements, but I absolutely cannot play first person games. This is the main reason why I didn't even try Darkfall. Also this is the reason why beating Portal was so difficult for me. I loved the ggame, but it made me want to throw up every 15 minutes.

On the Darkfall comment....not meaning to hijack the thread....they just implemented 3rd person view except when using a bow or staff. Minor concession but since you don't have to use magic in combat all the time nor do you need to use a bow, it might be a good chance to try it.

Thanks for the good news, I wasn't aware. I will download the trial later today!

• IdgiIdgi Member UncommonPosts: 11

I should have listed the ones I have found & played: 

Rohan Bloodfued: Good game, but their Item Mall prices make it more expensive than subscription games

Guild Wars: I like these but their excessive security keeps resetting my password & I have to call them to get it reset again

Archlord: Not too bad, but again rediculous item mall prices

Rappelz: Beautiful graphics, not bad game

I'm actually hoping to find a subscription game that doesn't require anymore extras. I'm pretyy disgusted with exhorbitant Item Mall prices.

Thanks for all the great responses so far.

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

I have recently fallen in love with Mabinogi, its PnC

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Originally posted by MertzaSkertz

thats true but its also item mall dependant for EVERYTHING

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Besides Guildwars that is very fun is my advice: Wait for Diablo 3.

It might not exactly be a MMO but it seems pretty close to a CORPG like GW and DDO.

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by TribeofOne

Originally posted by MertzaSkertz

thats true but its also item mall dependant for EVERYTHING

You do not need to buy anything from the item mall. The only thing that is highly recommended you buy is a mount for about 10 dollars. 

(Oh damn 10 dollars, I guess I should go pay 15 dollars a month on a different game to save money /sarcasm)

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I think Lineage 2, but I'm not sure.