Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aoc or any new game

kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

Is aoc a good game , with decent populaton races and such. Also if i remember right it had a fee  to it what would that be?

ANd is there any other great games out there right now with just some hellious Mage and assain classes?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I dislike anything from Funcom so i will not answer that question, however you might try the 14day trial of Darkfall.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • worldspin85worldspin85 Member Posts: 187

try thr 14 day free trial of darkfall

• kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

I   thought darkfall got shut down and has a low population now ?

• AoC has several humanoid races and a lot of classes. The entire starting zone (Tortage) is free to play, after that, you have to buy the game and pay the monthly subscription. The population is decent I would say, especially the starting zone is lively, since you don't have to pay to play in it.

Darkfall is a niche game and has a small but active community. I wouldn't say a big community, but if you are looking for some pvp action, Darkfall might be a lot of fun.

Really  cause i just went there nad have no idea how you get playing for free . It wants me to buy the game instead.

thanks and man its huge

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MixcoatlMixcoatl Member Posts: 18

AoC is great if you don't mind wearing the same armor for like half of the game. I mean you change it but it still looks the same. And if you want to play something other than healer cause all healers do is mindless AoE heal spam, which is boring.

• RagnavenRagnaven Member Posts: 483

Heralds are great for solo, and yes the game does need more armor sets, though I haven't played since the expansion that was supposed to fix that. My real issue with AoC was how much they just peed on the lore of the world and decided to change it up. Some of it was good, but mostly I was left going wait, what? But I'm a huge fan of the books so thats more my issue as a fan of literature than it is from a gamers perspective.

All in all the crafting system is just ok, the combat system is good, most to all the classes can solo easy.  The way mounts can fight is very nice, and I liked the feeling of the world as a whole with all the places to explore and climb. I still vote could be better, but I strongly suggest people try it and decide on their own.

• JenadaraJenadara Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

AoC is great if you don't mind wearing the same armor for like half of the game. I mean you change it but it still looks the same. And if you want to play something other than healer cause all healers do is mindless AoE heal spam, which is boring.

My armor looked different between the different tiers.   The armor in general is not supposed to be flashy. 

All healers don't Aoe heal spam.  If they do, they are bad players.

Bear shaman is fun in my opinion.  They have nice melee & nice heals too. :)

In response to the OP, I also think it's a great pve game.  Pvp is fun, too, but can get frustrating cuz they need some balances still and people are really exploiting or using "cheats."  The mage type to play there is a Necro because their pets are insanely powerful.  An interesting class to play too is the ToS because it does really nasty damage for a healer archetype.

• Yes, Age of Conan has loads of interesting classes. I would advise you to try playing the Necromancer if you like mage classes, the Herald of Xotli if you would like to try a mix of mage/melee, I personally also loved the Bear Shaman and Dark Templer. Too bad there's only one starter zone, there are so many great classes that you want to try them all, but I got sick of the same starter area after 4 classes. Though Tortage isn't a bad starter zone. Anyway, have fun trying it out. The PvE experience is really good and if you aren't into PvP, maybe start on an PvE server, since the community really is better there.

I think im going to have to put a hold on playing it till i get a better hard drive but im going to play it. Espically since  you have told me its got a Necromancer class that is bad ass. Thats somthing i find rare and like others im in wait for more of the games like tera, rift, GW2 but i use mmos as a way to relax. There is nothing more peaceful than beer , coke, pizza, and a good mmo to kill crap on.   Is there a way to get a smaller verison of it with out so much of the 25gbs? Hard drive of mine is kinda carppy since i had to replace my good one with a 15gb one.