Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Arch Age trailer

Comments

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by Techleo

I also have read they wont be making the game a combat game persay.

I never played UO, but from what I understand of that game, pvp was an important aspect.

I don't want pvp to be the main or even a main focus of a game, but I do think it should be an aspect of a sandbox game that hopes to capture some of whatever UO had going for it.

Anyone know about pvp here in ArcheAge?

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Visually stunning, very beautiful....but the thing that really matters - "game play".

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The new shipbuilding video is amazing.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

this game looked AMAZING then I heard it's going to be f2p.  What a waste!!!!!!

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Is this game coming out in the US or not?  I want to play it badly.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

If they are as imaginative about the grind as they are about the rest i'm sold image

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

TY for the trailer.. The graphics look great.. Lets hope the content within the game is equal to the task.. I hate to buy a brand new house that has curb appeal, but end up with a lemon once you walk inside..

• donkeysdonkeys Member Posts: 239

It uses Cry Engine 2. Of course it looks amazing lol.

Collector's editions are scams.

• SsnikSsnik Member Posts: 1

Stop the freaking f2p fearmongering.

2. The second question is related to ArcheAge’s revenue model. Is it going to be P2P or F2P? If you are not ready to answer this question now please let us know what payment way you personally think is preferable.

–> We have not made any decision regarding the business model, but we are open to each market’s needs. Enjoy!

http://archeage-online.com/

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Pretty but quite a far launch no ? So wait for it hope I am still kicking then.

Chamber of Chains
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

I'll be watching this game with interest.  The last time I got excited about the scope of a game was during Darkfalls development which turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Some company, at some point, has to do it properly surely...  My fingers are crossed.

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

i guess for a game with a sufficient quality the P2P-model is the best way to start with in the western market. best in terms of max revenue. revenue is a good thing for us players, if the company reinvests, you know? however the games design should be prepared from the very start to go with a hybrid model as soon as the first wave of success ends. well, there are games which never needed to go hybrid, because their success was a never ending story so far: WoW and EVE comes to mind.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566

I like this one better because there are some key things in it.

Notice that your mount does not disappear once you dismount and i like the way the houses are built.

Reminds me a bit of building houses in Vanguard but this goes one step further.

http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameIntros/5

Originally posted by cheyane

It's out this year first half of this year from what i can gather. It's been in development since 2006.

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

isnt it in korean beta so far? that could mean end of 2011 globally, perhaps 2012.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

isnt it in korean beta so far? that could mean end of 2011 globally, perhaps 2012.

Yup,think they are on the third beta of four.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

No pricing model has been confirmed. Most likely it will be different from east to west too.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Originally posted by NightAngell

Originally posted by cheyane

It's out this year first half of this year from what i can gather. It's been in development since 2006.

I'll agree with your development date but where did you hear about the release date?  I've been reading everything I can get my hands on for the last few days and have seen nothing (unless you're refering to the Korean launch which means nothing to us).

I suspect we're about a year from a Western launch since no publisher has been announced for the West, and I'd imagine there's probably 6-8 months worth of work just for translation before we play.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

From the same guy who made linage.  They currently are looking for partners in the US/EU.  Because of that they basically have no plans or schedule for US/EU release.

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

Stunningly beautiful. That's all i have to say.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Seriously this year  .Hmm I am skeptical but it would be quite a delightful surprise if it does.

Chamber of Chains
  • VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

This is one I am definitely keeping an eye on.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Would like to see more gameplay.. Already saw the one where the bridge gets destroyed and they fall into the water and climb up some roots ( looked scripted to me as in everyone who does that quest will fall into the water ).

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

It looks very nice but. this one looks like it's prime to fall victim to the Hype monster.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

I've been pouring over vids of this game and they just blow me away.  By now usually i would have seen something that makes me think meh mabye this isnt for me (Aion, Rift, TERA) but as hard as i look i cant find anything.   There is plenty of time before launch for them to take a big left turn and make it a themepark but i doubt it. 

This could be our time to rise up fellow sandbox players!!!! 

...sorry.. /climbs off soapbox

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington