Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are getting WoWablo 3 instead of Diablo 3

Comments

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201

there is a male and female version of every character plz stfu you all are incompetent research your games more plz. Nothing in d3 has anything to do wiht wow all blizz games use the same engine and graphics if your dont like it don;t play and plz stfu. If you didnt go to blizzcon and play d3 then you have no right to even comment on the game.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by Unreal024

Originally posted by colddog04

Agreed. 10 years is a long time ago. Perhaps they have actually forgotten what Diablo 2 actually was.

I havn't, I still play it from time to time. It makes me sad that there is a lot more WoW than Diablo in Diablo III. I have yet to see one piece of Diablo III info that has gotten me excited for the game. So, I guess that means i'll just not buy Diablo III and  continue to play Diablo II.

Shame, before they annouced it and started giving out info on it, I really wanted to play it.

Well considering all the Diablo that is in WoW i'd say it is fair game. But then again it is a lot easier to run the "not in my backyard'" mentality.

This have been a good conversation

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287

Originally posted by expresso

Originally posted by Kyelthis

Originally posted by Unreal024

Originally posted by fyerwall

Again, you wouldn't know for sure what they would/wouldn't do. Diablo 2 came out how many years before WoW? A few Blizzard North devs went to Blizzard, whats to say they didn't have a hand in designing the look of the demon hunter?

When Blizzard North was still around, they did tend to share developers/artists with Blizzard (seeing as they were Blizzard).

Point is you can't say with absolute certainty that even if Blizzard North was still around the game would look any different than it does now. To say it would is just guessing.

Well, if you go by what a large part of the ex-Blizzard North devs went off and created, you probably could say that. Hellgate: London is, I assume, fairly close to the second version of Diablo III that Blizzard rejected just before Blizzard North devs said screw it and left the company. Hellgate: London's art directiong was a lot darker and more in tune with the original Diablo games.

So while a person can't say with absolute certainty, someone could make a pretty good guess that Blizzard North's Diablo III would have been much darker and gone for a less cartoon styled art look.

^^ That.

Diablo 3 does have, in my opinion, quite a few similarities to WoW, most of which are the way the art and animations are handled. D3 doesn't really look like what I would expect from the franchise, but like others have said, that's because it's a different team doing it this time which is unfortunate. It looks too "cartoony" with far too many brights instead of darks.

That said, I'll still buy it but I'm not nearly as thrilled or hyped about it than I used to be, that's for sure. An artist a while back did some work on the screenshots that Blizzard released and made it look much closer to what I would hope to see when I play D3. Here's the link.

In the original picture on the bottom left you can see a rainbow....a rainbow...in a Diablo game...

Every one who signed that petition to remove all colour other than grey and brown from D3 should be slapped... talk about making a fuss over nothing.

Simple solution turn the gamma down on your video card.... or find a black and white monitor with a 1:5 contrast ratio, there nows its dark and you cannot see a thing.

I didn't agree with that petition, note that I said "closer to what I would hope to see". Seems to be some pretty defensive fanboys here so it's pretty pointless to even criticize anything on the game. Like I said, I'll buy it and enjoy it. I was just hoping for something that looked grittier, oh well.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

They look nothing alike and if some think they do take the rose colored glasses off. Diablo never ever looked like Warcraft until now.

Diablo 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRLAuLuj9A

Warcraft - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxwSdjitqfs

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by zephermarkus

there is a male and female version of every character plz stfu you all are incompetent research your games more plz. Nothing in d3 has anything to do wiht wow all blizz games use the same engine and graphics if your dont like it don;t play and plz stfu.

Oh nice, I didn't know they were allowing you to choose male or female in this one. It also says that there are more customization options for your character as well to help separate the characters from each other.

In other words, you can choose to look however you want and be male or female. Their video shows a character that resembles Sylvanas. Not all Demon Hunter characters will resemble Sylvanas.

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201

Is there a hell in wow UM NO. Is wow about the struggel between heaven and hell UM NO. So how are wow and d3 the same beside the graphics whcih is nothing new for any blizzard games they all use the same engines.

How com nobody said teh assssian form d2 look like sylvanas cause she does in certain gear most people spend all their free time trying to down play blizzard games it won't work stop trying blizzard is a good company and it shows by ther loyal followers. Play lost vikings to see an old blizz game that was still better then most console game out at the time.

And whats wrong wiht looking like sylvanas she is badass looking for a character?!

• OmnariusOmnarius Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by SaintViktor

They look nothing alike and if some think they do take the rose colored glasses off. Diablo never ever looked like Warcraft until now.

And it still looks nothing like WoW. 

Originally posted by Omnarius

After a ton of proof that it is almost a clone of WoW fanboys are still in denial. Yeah ok, it doesn't look like WoW at all. Where did you come from out of the woodwork ? Go back to WoW please.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Wonder if  these people with the WoW reference to D3 even know  how much WoW took from diablo in the first place (gameplay related) .

(...)

what he said :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

Wow wouldn't be the game it is today without Diablo.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Omnarius

After a ton of proof that it is almost a clone of WoW fanboys are still in denial. Yeah ok, it doesn't look like WoW at all. Where did you come from out of the woodwork ? Go back to WoW please.

lol.

At least you made it official.

Just so you know, you linked regular Warcraft and Diablo 2. Not World of Warcraft and Diablo 2. And for the record, Diablo 3 looks nothing like even Warcraft. You're just grasping at straws at this point.

In other words, perhaps comparing DIABLO 3 to WARCRAFT 1 2 or 3 might be a better tactic. Or, since you compare it to WoW, maybe DIABLO 3 compared to WOW.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Diablo 2 was the reason i bought a computer. I went to a friends house and a bunch of my friends were gathered around the computer playing this new game. I watched and the game just looked really fun, but i didnt want to play it. I had just gotten out of a relationship and i knew that if given the chance i would dive into any distraction available to me and i didnt want to get too far gone into some video game. But my friends all insisted i play this with them, and after some back and forth i reluctantly sat down and played it. A week later i was at a computer store buying my first computer. I spent more money on that one item than i had ever spent on anything in my life up to that point ($700). The internet wasnt enough of a reason for me to buy a computer. The ability to back up and reburn all my music onto cd's was not a good enough reason (im a bit of an audiophile when it comes to my taste in music). D2 was a good enough reason for me to drop $700.

Unfortunatly i have almost no interest in D3, and i reguard it as a great shame. Like most people i had been hoping for a D3 long before there was ever any announcement of one in development. But upon seeing the art direction alone, i have been crestfallen on the subject. It does look like WoW and i quit being interested in WoW since its beta. I just cant bring myself to take a cartoon seriously enough to devote much time to. Between the cartoon graphics and the fact that they took out the necromancer. Have to admit im a little anoyed at there reasoning for that move since it basically amounted to saying they got rid of it because it was popular. Seemed like a really odd reason coming from a company that tries to cater to everyone with giving the majority what it consistently asks for reguardless how little sense it makes to do so.

The fact that there is so much crossover and so little inovation between games to make them more distinct just seems to furthur illustrate that blizzard has no real vision of its own anymore outside of WoW. I really have to question why there bothering to work on anything outside of WoW. With D3 and S2 i really cant shake the feeling that blizzard is just phoning it in these days.

Originally posted by Nailzzz

Diablo 2 was the reason i bought a computer. I went to a friends house and a bunch of my friends were gathered around the computer playing this new game. I watched and the game just looked really fun, but i didnt want to play it. I had just gotten out of a relationship and i knew that if given the chance i would dive into any distraction available to me and i didnt want to get too far gone into some video game. But my friends all insisted i play this with them, and after some back and forth i reluctantly sat down and played it. A week later i was at a computer store buying my first computer. I spent more money on that one item than i had ever spent on anything in my life up to that point ($700). The internet wasnt enough of a reason for me to buy a computer. The ability to back up and reburn all my music onto cd's was not a good enough reason (im a bit of an audiophile when it comes to my taste in music). D2 was a good enough reason for me to drop $700.

Unfortunatly i have almost no interest in D3, and i reguard it as a great shame. Like most people i had been hoping for a D3 long before there was ever any announcement of one in development. But upon seeing the art direction alone, i have been crestfallen on the subject. It does look like WoW and i quit being interested in WoW since its beta. I just cant bring myself to take a cartoon seriously enough to devote much time to. Between the cartoon graphics and the fact that they took out the necromancer. Have to admit im a little anoyed at there reasoning for that move since it basically amounted to saying they got rid of it because it was popular. Seemed like a really odd reason coming from a company that tries to cater to everyone with giving the majority what it consistently asks for reguardless how little sense it makes to do so.

The fact that there is so much crossover and so little inovation between games to make them more distinct just seems to furthur illustrate that blizzard has no real vision of its own anymore outside of WoW. I really have to question why there bothering to work on anything outside of WoW. With D3 and S2 i really cant shake the feeling that blizzard is just phoning it in these days.

Exactly Nailzzz. You said a mouthful and then some.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i don't get why people are pissing and moaning about the graphics.  if you've played games for any length of time you should know it's gameplay over graphics every single time.  it's not even that cartoony....

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

Every single whiner and every single poster that claim they will not buy the title.. will. They will be standing in line to get their copy just like everybody else.

Don't even pretend you won't

I fit the same profile. I hate WoW, it's population and think Bobby Kotick Is the biggest douche in the industry. Plus i firmly believe Blizzard being indrectly responsible for ruining the MMORPG industry. However I'm not as illogical as to judge Diablo 3 on those merits regardless how similar the art style is to WoW. Diablo 3 is and will be it's own game. It doesn't have to be as dark as the predecessors to be just as good or even surpass them.

Get a grip.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Oh look, it's this thread again.

I doubt even if they wanted to change the art style that they would. Since they've gone this far already.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I think the game's art style looks bad too. Nothing like the original.

But, oh well, the gameplay will probably be moderately fun.

So, move on.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

What'd you expect? 

WoW is basically Diablo with a monthly fee, hardly an MMO at all. 

Well, Diablo wasn't that fantastic anyway so, no real loss. 

Originally posted by Garvon3

Which is why they sold like crap too.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Fibsdk

Not all things that sell well are actually good. I never found Diablo to be that fun, just a bunch of click spamming and loot gathering. That gets old after a while. 

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Show me in WoW where big bad guys will pick up your toon, bite them in half (entrails included) and throw part of you on the ground.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by Fibsdk

Not all things that sell well are actually good. I never found Diablo to be that fun, just a bunch of click spamming and loot gathering. That gets old after a while. 

Everything gets old after a while. Except your paycheck and getting laid.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

You guys do know that starcraft is really WoW in disguise rite?

• MoarDotsMoarDots Member Posts: 40

If you don't like the way they're going with the game, don't buy it, don't play it. Simple as that.

Now something tells me that every single person who complains about "WOWablo" will end up buying the game and become addicted to it.

Really, Blizzard doesn't need to care about how people judge what they make before they release it. The results will eventually speak for themselves.

You have to understand that as a COMPANY, their first and foremost objective is to bring in money for Vivendi (yes, VIVENDI, the ones who ULTIMATELY DECIDE - they're the ones who rejected Blizzard North's last few games, NOT Blizzard themselves). To satisfy the few "Diablo hardcore" fans is only a secondary objective. If they can expand the game to become more familiar to others, while displeasing a handful of "hardcore" players, they'll do it.

Again, which MMORPG has over 10 million subscribers? I believe it's WoW. If that same 10 million subscribers can look at Diablo and say "wow I feel sort of familiar to this game already just because it's sort of wow-like" - that's 10 million BOX sales that Blizzard is going to get just from the fanbase of WoW alone.

The dissenting is always the minority.

Although I have to admit that taking out the Necromancer did disappoint me. Who's to say they're not keeping him back for an expansion or something? Again - sales point (OH ShiT THEY FINALLY RELEASE THE NECRO, HELL YEAH IM GETTING THAT SHIT).

People complained about StarCraft II and how it was another WoW "clone" - it went on to being the best-selling strategy game. And I bet my left and right nuts that a good chunk of those who bought the games and are now in their parents' basement playing it are the same ones who went all over the internet crying about how much of a "wow clone" SCII's graphic was.

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

is this Diablo fans have really been waiting for ?

Yes. /thread