Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frogster USA maybe shutting down

coyotez28coyotez28 Member Posts: 10

Well Folks Frogster USA has a new stakeholder GameForge and they have recently axed one of Frogster USA games. 

Could Frogster USA be next?  Who knows!!!

Recently there was a large number of GM's that were let go after the takeover and the current forums or running rampart with flames, etc with no recourse.

If you look at the money aspect and growth, it appears the EU side is where the money is and the USA due to the economy is lagging behind in sales.  Have you ever noticed that there are hardly any sales in the past month while we sit idle and see weekly, daily and weekend offers galore offered by Frogster EU?

With support now on a lifeline, this game for the USA side could be coming to a close in the next few months due to lack of sales.

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Not to argue...

But usually you have sales and such to drive business and to bring people in. If you are selling well then usually you are less motivated to place things on sale. Its either to get more business or to bring in new customers. Just because there arent sales doesnt mean everythings going down the tubes.

Also, when people aquire a business its not uncommon for a lot of staff to be turned over. If I have my own CS people and we buy your company I probably wont keep all of your CS people. I may keep a few around to train, or a manager to assist in the transition, but definitely not keeping redundant employees.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Well, there is of course the possibility that they would merge with the EU department and just keep some support people in US but that is something that have very little impact on the game, does it really matter in some dude in London or LA is working on the game?

It sucks for anyone being fired of course but I don't think there will be any huge impact on RoM.

• LorishaLorisha Member UncommonPosts: 21

Frogster U.S. isn't going anywhere.  It's just a matter of restructuring.  Frogster EU is even restructuring they posted it on the EU forums.  I think bringing in new employees is one of the better decisions Frogster has made lately.  Fresh eyes with fresh ideas this game needs that.  Wish Runewaker (the developers) would do the same.  There coding is what is messing this game up it's time they hired some coders that know what the heck they are doing.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

They need to do something since LotrO went free and D&D is looking like a pretty good way to spend time.  I liked RoM pretty well but next to those other heavy hitters it's pretty weak in my opinion.  There is a certain generic quality to it that permeates everything in the game.  They need to spice it up and give it a new direction that makes it something unique.  Some story twists and art direction for new areas/armor or something special. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• gloomgloomgloomgloom Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by coyotez28

Well Folks Frogster USA has a new stakeholder GameForge and they have recently axed one of Frogster USA games. 

Could Frogster USA be next?  Who knows!!!

Recently there was a large number of GM's that were let go after the takeover and the current forums or running rampart with flames, etc with no recourse.

If you look at the money aspect and growth, it appears the EU side is where the money is and the USA due to the economy is lagging behind in sales.  Have you ever noticed that there are hardly any sales in the past month while we sit idle and see weekly, daily and weekend offers galore offered by Frogster EU?

With support now on a lifeline, this game for the USA side could be coming to a close in the next few months due to lack of sales.

How did they get fired? Even the few mods that are left explained to the community that Icarii and Eres quit. In fact from what was said, many others quit as well. Eres twitter and facebook even explained it. I was told that they both sent an email to the us office the day they quit. I  honestly think people are reading way to much in to the gameforge take over. Its not even complete and with all the mass of press relases exclaiming that its a "stock" thing and such...i dont see any thing related to GF happening in the frogster camp anytime soon.

The US side has daily, weekly and weekend offers every time. Tho they suck, they are still there.

• coyotez28coyotez28 Member Posts: 10

The GM's are not telling the truth.  They were let go.   They can't outright say they were fired because it can impact any of their future jobs.

Now it appears they are looking for volunteers to GM the place. Therefore it's work for free.   Icari was a paid frogster employee.  He was let go. They couldn't afford to pay him anymore. That explains why they are asking the players to apply to become a GM.

• gloomgloomgloomgloom Member Posts: 2

Your disdain for Icarii is really blinding you to logic. Hiding that they were fired makes no sense since employers check work history. Yes, they quit. Not due to GF but to how FAI was being run.

GTMs have always been on the team. Same with greeters. Many of those GTMs did as much work as paid FAI employees.

I find it humerous that you would say the GMs are lying, they openly tell the community that Icarii, Eres quit and you still deny it.

Even the whole volunteer team walked as well. That goes to say enough.