Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dead/Dying game?

B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Used to play this a ways back and found it fun.  To my mind if it weren't for the lag and exploiters of such it probably would have been one of the best PVP games out there.

With the upcoming events and the soon to be added Fencer class I thought I would give it another go. 

Firstly the tutorial has changed and is now more logical and streamlined.  It takes ages and is as boring as hell, but at least it makes sense.

The graphics have had some additions as well which was nice and it seemed to have a bit more stability re ping which was also a bonus.

But, and this is the big one, the game is empty.  I rolled a Bow Scout, my old class, did the tutorial and went looking for a war.  For the past two days I have found one which has had more that 20 players, the rest being 10 V 10 or less.  Considering the battles can have 50 v 50 which is fun and when I played previously the map was running at least 4 or 5 of such battles, the game now has only 2 or 3 battles avg consisting of only a few players.  Sad :(

I think a dead horse is being flogged which is a shame really.  Give it a go while you still have the chance.

Comments

• traitrhotraitrho Member Posts: 2

yes the population has been low lately depending on what time of day you play. (night time --pacific time zone)

I quit along with some corps-mates for awhile now due to lack of content updates.

however, more veterans will be coming back into the game because of the new content being released (fencer).

This will also help keep the new players interested as well. just try out the game, and ride it out until it grows again. Learning the basics while the population is mostly new will be helpful when the more experienced players return.

its also worth playing just because its not one of those left-click enemy to spam skills and wait for cool-down games.

and theres ZERO-grinding needed.

ps. -- This is my IGN (Traitrho) - Hordaine nation.

• vietincvietinc Member Posts: 1

wow ho, you are gay

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

Originally posted by vietinc

wow ho, you are gay

Gay? come on man...think of something better. Not getting all 'political' but yeah...Make the argument better, per se? =) Not being a douche, btw...With the release of XIV I think it has helped people realize other MMOs are not as bad as they, once, were =) I am still saddened at how XIV is (i keep thinking of a gang every time I read XIV, lol). But ehh...I'm only doing this rant because I have a free day/night finally and it's relaxing =)

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

0.o??????  Errrrrr whut???

I think this thread just dropped through a quantum node into a parallel universe where illiteracy/nonsense rules LOL. XD

Anyways, the new update is here so I am going to have a nosey and see if it makes any difference to the game re population.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Well the new Fencer class has been added amongst other things.  Logged in last night and there were 3 players in Netz and 46 or there abouts in one battle.

As much as I hate to say it I have to declare this game as terminal, soon to be pushing up Daisies.

• Originally posted by B1mble
    Well the new Fencer class has been added amongst other things.  Logged in last night and there were 3 players in Netz and 46 or there abouts in one battle.
    As much as I hate to say it I have to declare this game as terminal, soon to be pushing up Daisies.

Yeah it's sad how many players we have. With the fencer update (new class) our population almost doubled, but it's still low. Now we have about 400-600 players on during peak and 100-300 at off times. It used to be even lower like 50-100 during off and 200-300 during peak. It's sad when a game's population doubles and it still sucks. The worst part is it's not a bad concept for a game it's just the implementation of things suck, like laggy hit detection.

• unit0415unit0415 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by nethaniah

Originally posted by B1mble

Yeah it's sad how many players we have. With the fencer update (new class) our population almost doubled, but it's still low. Now we have about 400-600 players on during peak and 100-300 at off times. It used to be even lower like 50-100 during off and 200-300 during peak. It's sad when a game's population doubles and it still sucks. The worst part is it's not a bad concept for a game it's just the implementation of things suck, like laggy hit detection.

I'm thinking that the reason there's so few players is that most people don't entirely understand the game when they start, even with the tutorial. I mean, how many other mass pvp games are there? >.> I've seen a lot of people quit the game since ob and it's mostly ragequit from what I can tell. Some people just still haven't figured out that it's a team play based game.

The hit detection's actually pretty damn decent in my opinion, as long as ping stays under 300. It's just that the "hit", even with melee attacks, go out from the player's location from the moment the attack's initiated, so the target may have actually moved out of the hit area before it reached him / her. You just have to lead the shot by quite a bit. It doesn't really help to experiment on monsters though >.>

• rmasonrmason Member Posts: 140

I played this game a while back. It would have been fun if it wasnt just all 2h melee spammers. The lag was also completely ridiculously terrible. I would cast a spell and it would not hit for 1-2 seconds later.

• unit0415unit0415 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by rmason

I played this game a while back. It would have been fun if it wasnt just all 2h melee spammers. The lag was also completely ridiculously terrible. I would cast a spell and it would not hit for 1-2 seconds later.

If you encountered a group of all 2h melee spammers, well. I know how that feels >.> Perhaps it was before the fencer update, or only shortly afterwards. The update really changed gameplay for warriors, especially 2h in my opinion, since they have to keep an eye out for fencers who can force them to flinch or knock them out of the air when they try to use dragon tail by using flash stinger. Most 2h warriors that I've seen recently are actually hybrids w/o dragon tail and are pretty careful about approaching as long as a fencer is around.

Also, as for the lag, nearly everyone lags. That can be to your advantage, since to you, it might seem to be that they have plenty of time to dodge it, but to them, the time between your cast and the moment it hits is right on so they actually only have as much time to avoid the attack as they should normally have. In other words, as long as you lead your shot well, or predict the opponent's movements (most people tend to move in a rather linear fashion, as dumb as it might seem), it's fairly easy to hit.

As for people who don't lag at all... well, I love those guys since I don't have to lead my shot by as much (I play as hybrid scout, with the eagle shot line. I'm not very fond of air raid.). Then there's those guys with lagshield. Just run.

I hope you're not in Cesedria, cause I'm from Netzavare, and we can't be friends then. jp lol gg gl hf