Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So is this current Dev team the best one?

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

From the looks of it they've actually updated the game more then once. I can't remember how many times it's changed hands, but I think it has a good home.

Comments

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

I don't know if it's the best  dev team, but it's better than the last one. At least is is so far. I'm hoping they can continue to improve the game and attract more players. Ryzom is a great game that shouldn't fade away with a whimper.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Originally posted by Nizur
    I don't know if it's the best  dev team, but it's better than the last one. At least is is so far. I'm hoping they can continue to improve the game and attract more players. Ryzom is a great game that shouldn't fade away with a whimper.

Yea, I mean they are actually trying. Can only go so fast with little money and not so many people.

• vqlyvqly Member UncommonPosts: 296

I think so.

They're adding small stuffs but actually stuffs that are relevant and add a bunch of values (like chat channels and apartment sharing), instead of stuff that goes no where (e.g The Ring).

Apartment invite has been requested since launch, but the original dev team (Nevrax) didn't even get to them, but instead focused on the PVP stuff and The Ring. OP did added values with cats and purpose for PVP'ing, but the Ring didn't really panned out. And by that time, Nevrax has ran out of money.

The current devs are doing a million times better than the previous company at any rate (the one after Nevrax that almost brought Ryzom to a closure).

And the current dev team didn't just simply added an "invite" system for apartments, they incorporated it into a system where you can buy decorations for your apartment via Roleplay Points (RPP) that you can earn by participating in Role Play events (which in the recent past you can attend for fun but you don't actually get rewards for). This add both RP and game contents value (by giving actual live RP events a purpose besides participation and storylines).

Occupations from the previous patch also added both new contents and RP values. I have been having fun doing them, and the product end results are actually really useful for solo'ers/new players! For instance, Butchering can craft meats for consuming, which will restore your hp by x amount in 10 second (at Echelon 1 it's 500 hp, Echelon 2 1000hp, E3 1500 hp). But, the genius devs that they are, require all these new occupations consumables to be only consumed while you are sitting, which prevents it from becoming like a diablo like system where you amass potions and whack away at bosses and popping the pots. Occupations also gives players a reason to go back to the Kitin's Lair (new content area that was released a few years ago that no ones goes to). They also released a new boss for players to fight.

So all in all, with their current updates rate and the actual stuff that they're updating, I am really happy with the current dev team and what they're doing, and really looking forward to what they have coming in the future :D

Hopefully it'll get to a point where the game will amass so much values that players will flock to it and it'll flourish, like it should have been back in 2005 (before WoW and bad game design decisions devastated the players population).

• YasouYasou Member Posts: 86

The current dev team consists in members of the original development team (Nevrax).

• vqlyvqly Member UncommonPosts: 296

Originally posted by Yasou
    The current dev team consists in members of the original development team (Nevrax).

I have a suspicion but can never really confirmed this. Is this definitely true? And are the original designers and creative directors involved (such as David Cohen?).

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

until I saw this as coming back to the forefront the other day I had seriously though this title had died a long time ago

• YasouYasou Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by vqly

Originally posted by Yasou

I have a suspicion but can never really confirmed this. Is this definitely true? And are the original designers and creative directors involved (such as David Cohen?).

I don't know about David Cohen, however I do know about Milko Berset.