Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Price of ftp in CoG

GandrellGandrell Member Posts: 22

I have to say I have enjoyed and played on the ptp server since its released. I recently switched over to the ftp server in hopes to find a little larger community to play with since most times that I played on the ptp server I only saw maybe 5-6 others online playing. After I switched there was a small increase in population. The mayor problem I ran into was what I found it would cost to buy in-game items with Kun that you can purchase through CoG website and this is what I found out!

http://forum.craftofgods.eu/showthread.php?t=2089

Comments

• rmasonrmason Member Posts: 140

I think the problem with this game is not a lot of people know about it at the moment. I scan mmorpg.com and massively daily to see whats going on and only just yesterday saw an article on CoG. The other article that massively did was a horrible review of the game so that probably turned a lot of people off as well.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Gandrell

I have to say I have enjoyed and played on the ptp server since its released. I recently switched over to the ftp server in hopes to find a little larger community to play with since most times that I played on the ptp server I only saw maybe 5-6 others online playing. After I switched there was a small increase in population. The mayor problem I ran into was what I found it would cost to buy in-game items with Kun that you can purchase through CoG website and this is what I found out!

http://forum.craftofgods.eu/showthread.php?t=2089

This isn't an American made game, is it?  I'm betting not.

I keep seeing these sorts of ridiculous prices in FTP games, and while I know the prices are for everyone, regardless of nation, I cannot HELP but think that some of these developers think that Americans are rolling in cash, and they're hoping we will just go ahead and pay these kinds of prices. Uhm....no way. Even someone RICH is generally, in part, well off because they have enough common sense to not throw money away or set it on fire. I mean seriously. Even someone that HAD tons of money would see those prices and think them absurd.

And for those of us (most Americans) that, while we may be rich to a third world country, are right now struggling just to pay our monthly bills and feed our families, those prices are so ridiculous that they're not even laughable...they're an insult.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Cerebus59Cerebus59 Member Posts: 28

I believe it's a Russian made game but they have multilingual forums (which are pretty quiet). I'm amazed at the sheer lack of promotional effort to bring up the awareness of what they have here. The open class system, being able to learn skills in almost a dozen magic/combat trees, is impressive.

I think  merging the F2P and P2P, dropping the client price, and offering a monthly membership would go along way to bringing people in. 

Anyways, it's free, and IMO worth checking out at least.