Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

War of 2012: A First Look

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The CAPLAY team has sent over an in-house first look article about its newest free-to-play browser title, War of 2012, and is authored by an unnamed player. It starts with the author talking about his somewhat low expectations about a free to play browser game and then goes on to talk about how his concerns were set aside favorably. Fans of empire building will want to check it out!

Recently I was offered a chance to play the Open Beta for War of 2012. Being someone who loves to build an empire I was excited to give the game a whirl. I didn’t expect too much from this browser game but I have to be honest, I ended up with more than I bargained for. The tutorial was very easy to navigate and I took up arms and quickly absorbed myself into the game.

Read War of 2012: A First Look.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186

Nerd!

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

Is it weird how "addictive" has become a selling point?  Last I checked, addiction was bad.  They keep on using that word.  I do not think it means what they think it means.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• swing848swing848 Member UncommonPosts: 292

Quote, "You can recruit heroes and arm them with one type of military unit. Then send multiple heroes to attack the enemy. Units react to one another in unique ways based on their distinguishing features. For Example, the Arbalest is very effective against Pikemen and Billmen. Choosing a Hero that is proficient in ranged combat will boost their effectiveness even more. Putting the right units under the supervision of the best heroes is a core tactical decision you will face."

In other words, memorize abilities, strengths and weaknesses.

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• spritzersBBspritzersBB Member Posts: 2

I did'int try it yet plese play it and post it

• spritzersBBspritzersBB Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by swing848

Quote, "You can recruit heroes and arm them with one type of military unit. Then send multiple heroes to attack the enemy. Units react to one another in unique ways based on their distinguishing features. For Example, the Arbalest is very effective against Pikemen and Billmen. Choosing a Hero that is proficient in ranged combat will boost their effectiveness even more. Putting the right units under the supervision of the best heroes is a core tactical decision you will face."

In other words, memorize abilities, strengths and weaknesses.cc