Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oct 7 update: "The negotiations continue! Still many groups in the fray, still hope that APB will ri

RogueSevenRogueSeven Member Posts: 321

http://apb-eu.dnsalias.org/PatchNotes/

apparently this is legit, crossing my fingers

Comments

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Don't get why anyone would want to pick up this game its horrible

• RogueSevenRogueSeven Member Posts: 321

i thought it was the only MMO recently that actually tried something new. and i loved it, cant wait for someone to buy it again. i know there are plenty of people that would agree

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by RogueSeven

i thought it was the only MMO recently that actually tried something new. and i loved it, cant wait for someone to buy it again. i know there are plenty of people that would agree

Really?Because I thought it was just a shooter looking for an exscuse for a monthly subcription fee.

never seen a shooter with that much customization, it was brilliant, 1.4.1 had some very good things and the patch that was supposed to come out the day they announced the shut down would have added a "true skill" district that removed upgrades for the people that complained about it. they were finally starting to listen but it was a bit to late, unfortunately the company was terrible anyone can pick it up and make the game way better

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

never seen a shooter with that much customization, it was brilliant, 1.4.1 had some very good things and the patch that was supposed to come out the day they announced the shut down would have added a "true skill" district that removed upgrades for the people that complained about it. they were finally starting to listen but it was a bit to late, unfortunately the company was terrible anyone can pick it up and make the game way better

True the customization was awesome the best part of the game too bad the rest of the game was sub-par and not sub-free.They probably would have made way more money if they made it f2p like Crimecraft and charged for certain parts of customization features rather than limit the amount of actual gameplay time with the game purchase and then sub feed after.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Too bad noone wanted to pay to play Barbie Dress-Up with guns.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

What are you smoking? thousands upon thousands of people want to play that, they just want to play it in a form that doesnt suck.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Loved the game. Might have been released a bit too early though, but what MMO isn't these days...

Add a new developping team, some actual territory control and a flamethrower and I'm back in

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

The game had great potential..

it just had an incompetent company behind it.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Would be interesting to see Hirez pick it up,  polish it a little bit,  kind of corner the market on MMO(ish) TPS RPG(ish) types of games.   ....   ... yeah thats a thing.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Money and competence are two different things... Don't confuse the two.

Many games got disastrous releases.. Much worse than APB and had the time and funds to end up with a good game.

Even WoW was horrible at launch... ask anyone who was around at that time.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by Kebeck

Many games got disastrous releases.. Much worse than APB and had the time and funds to end up with a good game.

I was around at the time and it wasnt that bad actually...

and incompetence works here,as they were incapable of keep the game and themselves afloat.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by tank017

and incompetence works here,as they were unable to keep the game and themselves afloat.

Supposedly it was because they had just enough to kick the game out the door, and lackluster sales didn't keep them afloat.  Poor planning,  not truly incompetence.  Maybe it would have been better to pay someone to work on their finances that could actually explain to them working on a budget.  I guess if you're just a developer things like financial planning can fall to the wayside? 

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

What are you smoking? thousands upon thousands of people want to play that, they just want to play it in a form that doesnt suck.

Apparently you didn't catch my point. Let me make it again.

APB had those two things, but nothing else.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Originally posted by tank017

and incompetence works here,as they were unable to keep the game and themselves afloat.

Supposedly it was because they had just enough to kick the game out the door, and lackluster sales didn't keep them afloat.  Poor planning,  not truly incompetence.  Maybe it would have been better to pay someone to work on their finances that could actually explain to them working on a budget.  I guess if you're just a developer things like financial planning can fall to the wayside? 

And yet the smart devs in RealTime Wolrds left after finding out these boneheads were convinced they could make an mmo and formed their own company, Ruffian Games, and made Crackdown 2. Ruffian Games had a successful game that didn't bankrupt them, RTW tanked. So that pretty much tells you where the brains of the operation went.

the blog post from one of the former rtw employees explains a lot of stuff, especially the money issue and there was a major lack of communication. a QA guy got chewed out for pointing out things on the forums to the higher ups because only community relations were allowed to point out things on the forums. customer support couldnt do CS on the forums because it was community relaitons job to do the forum thing....basically each section of the company was only allowed to do their specific job without any idea wtf was going on, what the players wanted it was just a cluster fuck, here is the link to the post:

http://lukehalliwell.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/where-realtime-worlds-went-wrong/

a good read if you got the time

never the less, many people liked the game, as i stated before, put a good, dedicated dev team behind it, people will play...and god i hope it isnt hirez, they turned GA into WoW, do not want!