Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diamond in the rough?

grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Skipped this game when it launched..looked like an entirely failed game.  However, I recently became addicted to APB a month before it's closure and in searching for a replacement, however unwittingly, tried this one.

Initially, as in the whole tutorial section, I found it to be almost pathetic.  The game seemed like a throwback to late 90s in the action genre.  Characters and graphics overly stiff.  Bots with truly lame AI.  Yet, for some reason, maybe the need to replace APB spurned me on. 

(Side note here:  for those that hated APB, I don't blame you from instantly negating this post.  Yet, please don't flame; it's unnecessary at this point.)

What I have found after the tutorial section, after learning the game a bit, is a very fun and addictive shooter/mmog.  I tried playing Global Agenda before but found it less than compelling.  I find what this game lacks in polish it certainly makes up for in gameplay.   I have since bought the game for $9 off of steam and have no qualms in paying the $5 a month to continue (after the initial three months).

The matches are very exciting.  The crafting and leveling brings an aspect of the MMO to it.  Is it a perfect game? no.  But in a time when games are developed to be interesting for only the first 30 mins, this game has appeal.

Comments

• RogueSevenRogueSeven Member Posts: 321

so what are the major differences between this and apb...apb was great (flame suit activated) i didnt try this game because i was told it is small instanced battles instead of an open city (such as APB and GTA) i am also looking for an apb replacement but i havent found anything that looks remotely interesting yet. just hoping someone buys it, shit i'd buy it if i had the cash

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Its definitely a great game, they kinda screwed up back at release but I recently visited the game again and was astonished at the totoally revamped new player expereince and general improvements. It still isn't that much of an MMO but as a game itself, its amazingly fun and very under estimated.