Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Free to Play Pay to win game

VelrathVelrath Member Posts: 2

The game is so costly its crazy we are talking 100$+ per set of gear for the +12 and full puri. Its broken in so many ways class balance, quests, features, spells,  and the list gose on. Its pay to win all over the place with one button healing, tanking for anyone with the gear refined and stated with puris, and massive damage with money. I once had hope for this game but have its forum under webcomics just to see how many times the servers/login crashs and stay down "heads up a lot". Last but not least progression Level up perhaps faster if you spend money, join guild, run raid content and pay for gear, flex as needed. All prev dungons are not done exept by people who can basicly solo them to get you gear if needed to skip even more content or to humor you tell raiding where the gear you will use drops. My advice find something better but if you must have fun leveling perhaps finding some cool people but get out before out before you lose your walet

PS If your rich please dont give em tons of money thats whats effectly killed this game for everyone that wants to even pay 10-15$ a month :(

Comments

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

I don't give shit for a user with one post that is flaming a game..

• VelrathVelrath Member Posts: 2

Well I did play the game for well over a year and I stuck with it for a lot longer then even my friends and payed about an avrage 10-15 a month but I suppose my opinion has no meaning because its my first post lol. For a positive review I will be posted under EQ2 for the new free to play feature and guild wars the only real complane on that one is they stoped making expanisons. As for why I posted anything negative gets locked out and deleted on thier forums and the game has soooo little info on the web thats accrate.

• nonpersonnonperson Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Izork

Thats unusually hostile don't you think?  Also post count doesn't make a post more valid or less valid.

I played since beta myself and personaly I think the game is a joke.  I marvel every time I see a "glowing" review and wonder why misinformation keeps being spread about this game.  IMO the game is broken, costly, and poorly supported.  The company itself is only intrested in keeping the game on life support as long as they can suck money out of the top 1% of the playerbase thats actually gulible enough to shell out cash for the game.

Is my opinion hostile when it comes to RoM, you betcha.  That doesn't mean it's not without merit.  Believe me I've wanted the game to succeed and I held on until I just couldn't put up with it's BS any more.  Sadly the issues RoM has far out weigh the fun I ever get out of playing it.  Also there's just far better out games worth playing in the F2P market right now IMO.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

If you don't play to endgame, RoM is pretty close to a watered-down WoW with horse rentals (still cracks me up).  Spend $20 on diamonds, buy a mount and it can be played for free like a lifetime sub.  At least for low levels.

I agree with OP that taking it hardcore seems expensive.  That seems to be the norm for this payment model, especially where PvP is involved.

Personally I didn't leave because of any issues with it.  I stumbled into another game (still in beta) and find the gameplay more enjoyable.  For the moment.  I'll probably end up back at RoM later.  Kind of nice to have the option to do so.

Just 2 cents worth of opinion, and probably overpriced at that :-)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Originally posted by balabala78

I am a lvl75 player in US Runes of magic , though the lvl

is high ,my fighting is poor . when i PK with others the first

dead is me ,they have good equipments, but i have no . i want to

be strongger ,who knows where to buy good equipment? i am very

very adimre good equipment!!!then i can win when i beat with

them ,God help me ...

who knows which site sell items ,or the site sell golds, i

really want to be strongger !!!

How did you get lvl 75 I have to ask cause the max lvl is 60 last time I checked when the last part of Elder Kingdoms came out. Also to the Op dont waste your time even going back I left this game right after the second part of the EK came out and they made the new areas look great but are still even know buggy to heck. As for the other poster saying the old instances are out they should be sealed and closed off cause no one runs them at all. Was good for the first year then released the uber zones where you had to have 10 to 12k hp to survive and now they make instances that players solo that have 50+k hp and 25+k mp which is crazy. But if you like it play it.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• rogabrrogabr Member Posts: 125

You're pathetic, all of what he said is completely true. so you know what that means? hes only got 2 posts to his account name, and hes already more useful than you are to the subject at hand.

Oh and just FYI

no one gives a shit about your system specs. i Guarantee  it.

• cloudcatcloudcat Member Posts: 3

After playing seriously for 3/4 a year of this game and getting to end-game (able to run the newest instance) I have to agree that it is expensive. However, it is possible to not pay and still get there. I did it, but a LOT of work was needed and reflecting back, more work than the game was worth. In my opinion, the rewards for end game players are  lacking. Most people just run the newest or best farmable instances over and over again to gain new gear or stats to mod thei gear. This is an extremely repetitive process. Even worse, with the rate at which new content comes out, gear need constant upgrading (more opportunities for players to buy diamonds). As I mentioned, I did get there without spending any money, but I did buy many diamonds from players who spend money and sell diamonds. Therefore, looking at the end result, the company gets money from players who must continue to remod their gears to stay at the top.

Other issues with this game:

Seige war (a guild vs. guild competition): extremely laggy and buggy. Signing up for one is very dificult with limited spaces. Once in, the chance of disconnection is high and lag can make one absolutely useless. In some cases, actions take minutes to register and teleporting to one place continuously also occurs.

Known bugs: Dalanis event bugs (six events always dwindles down to two 24h after maintenance). Daily quest bug (between 6-7am CEST daily quests can be reset by logging out and in again). Guild castle disconnection (staying in guild castle to remove exp/tp debt becomes almost impossible if disconnection occurs every minute). Other bugs include falling endlessly in instances (require relog), the graphics of cities becoming nonsence and groud falls away (require relog). Transport rune unbinding (item shop item that should be bound to a player but can be unbound). There are probably many more bugs but these are just some I know with certainty. One thing that I should mention is that most of these bugs have been going on for a long time and they are still not fixed. The game seems to care more for puttting out new content than fixing existing bugs.

End game content: Many complaints about recent end-game instances (Dungeon of dalanis, wanorken arena) being too easy and is purely gear test. That is, few tactics involved and simple intance map. Raksha Temple is supposed to be an improvent. I suppose the fact that very few has cleared it (last boss presents quite a challenge) makes it somewhat better. Again, with large AoEs it is a gear check (surprise... yet another way to get players to spend more diamonds....)

Pet system: Pets are are money sink. They do very little for the amount of resources they take to gain levels and skills. They do give a lot of attributes to the master when they're alive but with minimal hp, they die at almost every boss aoe.

Customer support: seriously lacking. Replies are fast but helpfullness is an entirely different story. The replies are polite on the surface but support for gamers who have had their account compromised and items/gold cleared out is lacking. The only thing consistent about those seem to be a message about getting antivirus and not giving out passwords to a third party. From personal experience, I could say they could care less about their customers and have a lightly veiled condescending tone.

My highlight of the game? Some of the players there. If one is lucky enough to find a decent guild or make good friends, then that can help make the game a little more interesting.

To be more fair, some good points to this game:

1. Leveling is relatively easy. No grind-fest especially if one takes advantage of exp events.

2. Not difficult to get to intance level. Instances start very early on but first couple of lvl55 instances do not have much requirement in terms of gear etc. so it's possible for a relatively casual gamer to experience such.

3. Some innovative ideas such as secondary class (can be a pain to level up but does offer variety).

4. Seige war when it works is entertaining.

I realize this has been a long post . To sum it up, I would not recommend anyone to start this game unless he/she

- is looking for a huge money or time sink, preferably both

- do not care about repetitiveness

- do not care for extremely imbalanced class system

- do not care for bugs, or have patience to see when and if they ever get fixed

- is good at taking care not to get "hacked" because one shouldn't be optimistic about getting losses returned

To those who wish to start/continue with RoM, I wish you luck. I certainly have had fun times. To the others, I hope you can find one that will entertain and be worthwhile.

• ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by rogabr

You're pathetic, all of what he said is completely true. so you know what that means? hes only got 2 posts to his account name, and hes already more useful than you are to the subject at hand.

Oh and just FYI

no one gives a shit about your system specs. i Guarantee  it.

Agreed.

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Well, let me back up the new OP with his (by now) 2 posts and drop the link to my blog where I stated the same a while back...

http://www.pagesfromsages.com/index.php?action=showentry&entry=629

Unlike Allods (which is Pay2Win as well because of the Incense), RoM is compeltely unbalanced. Allods only has the Incense, and every player using it will have the same benefits. RoM has indeed (as OP posted) the enchants in the item shop that can be applied to +12 and DO NOT FAIL when enchanting. IMO this is way too imbalanced :(