Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

LEGO Universe: Founders Start on October 8th

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,633MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

NetDevil has announced that pre-order customers, or Founders, will be allowed to start building an empire four days earlier than originally planned. Beginning Friday, October 8th, Founders will have access to the LEGO Universe servers, a full two weeks ahead of the launch date of October 22nd. If you've not grabbed a copy of LEGO Universe, this may be the perfect opportunity.

The LEGO Universe community has been buzzing with anticipation, and we’ve decided to respond by letting all ‘Founders’ access the game on Friday, October 8 at 08:08:08 MST and 10:08:08 EST, four days earlier than planned, and just in time for an action-packed release weekend!

If you still haven’t got a copy of LEGO Universe, don’t miss your chance. Visit the LEGO Retail Store in your home town from October 8, to take home your copy of the game and your Astronaut Minifigure. Then hop in your spaceship, and blast off to the all the creative worlds in awesome LEGO Universe.

LEGO Universe retails for $39.99. Pre-order it here.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo LondonPosts: 3,221Member

Definitely hoping this is one to watch with it's emphasis on player creation content.

• GameloadingGameloading NAPosts: 14,182Member

This game stands no chance as a pay to play title.

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,206Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Gameloading

This game stands no chance as a pay to play title.

actually...it's targetting an audience pretty untouched by MMOs. I think it has a good chance.

I just hope we dont have 30yo's complaining that "endgame pvp is unbalanced"...

• SequenceLostSequenceLost Harrisburg, PAPosts: 198Member

This game stands no chance! end game pvp is so unbalanced!!  

<---29yr old (does that count) xD. 

Of course i'm kidding, I may just have to pick up a copy, though im curious - can you create whatever you like and then use it in game, or do you have to follow very specific directions (like they put in the lego boxes) which only allow you to create very specific things?

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,206Member Uncommon

you can't create the "world's largest male". and i bet swastikas are off-limits too.

that narrows down my creativity. no penises and racist symbols...I don't know what else to do. How the hell did EVE get away with the Avatar model is beyond me. If that's not a penis i don't know what is. And I'm proud owner of one. (not a titan).

seriously though, not being able to create the...penis...tells me it's very sandboxy, meaning you probably CAN create nearly anything. My reading between the lines may be too wishful thinking though. Of course i won't be playing this but i wish it the best of luck. Interesting concept to say the least. Not for me, but glad to hear it exists.

• pl3dgepl3dge TruroPosts: 182Member Uncommon

Well i'm pretty sure the NDA has been lifted seein as the beta is over. I played it for a good 30-40 hours, although I didn't see much content ( I was looking for bugs mostly ) I can say you can create pretty much anything you want. You collect bricks off pretty much every mob you kill, single bricks like you can get in real life, with these you can make whatever you can imagine... with some creativity :) .. You also get pre made objects, like walls and trees which drop and can be used in your create garden.

Anyone who loves Lego will enjoy this game. It's not for the Hardcore MMO player, and I would say the sub is a bit steep for the content given. However I liked the game alot and think it will do well.

• CryrothCryroth montreal, QCPosts: 51Member

its a very fun game , im a fan of legos and i approve of paying this , even though there a lack of content , im sure these will be patched out .

i mean look at ff14 , MO ,STO,CO they all have lack of content ant still do

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

If someone wouldn't mind, could you point out the major differences between early beta and the end of beta? I played right at the very start of beta and just couldn't get into it at all even though it felt like i should have been able to, i think it was just lacking in features back then.

I probably won't buy the game but it would be nice to keep in mind if i get bored on some rainy scottish afternoon.

• dirtysidedirtyside warren, MIPosts: 79Member Uncommon

anyone know how to get the pre order code ? i pre ordered from gamestop but they had nothing

• GunshipGunship BillundPosts: 23Member

Originally posted by dirtyside

anyone know how to get the pre order code ? i pre ordered from gamestop but they had nothing

Go to LEGO.com and you will get it in the post in 3 days time

or if you have a LEGO brand retail store near you, you can go get your copy today.

• junzo316junzo316 Raleigh, NCPosts: 1,684Member Uncommon

Unless they've added a new world since I played in beta, there just isn't enough content.  I went through all the worlds in just 2 days.  Granted, I didn't "build" anything in my private building area, which is the only place you can actually build stuff from your imagination.  The game needs much more content...pronto.

• MalcanisMalcanis LondonPosts: 3,191Member

NERF RED BOOST BLUE!

owait wrong forum

Give me liberty or give me lasers