Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Top 5 Easter Eggs

Comments

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218

Bliz has a good scense of humor, something i respect there, and by putting a lot of easter eggs in, even bigger laughs.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I did get a kick out of the hatch on a little island in Sholazar Basin with a plaque reading "4 8 15 16 23 42", but usually I prefer easter eggs that blur the line between content and egg - like being able to milk cows in UO.

• aurickaurick Member Posts: 317

My personal favorite is the lost dwarves in Uldaman.  Many people don't realize that The Lost Vikings was one of Blizzard's earlier titles.

Another fun one is The 1 Ring.  http://thottbot.com/i8350

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

My favourite was a crypt i accidentally stumbled into in the Badlands.  The minute i got in i recognised that it is the crypt that Conan first took refuge in during his very first adventure.

I love little things like that and there are so many all over the place.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

I loved the skeleton and hookah on a mushroom in Zangarmarsh.

• TineaTinea Member UncommonPosts: 86

Originally posted by Gnazon

The best part of Haris Pilton is that there is normally invisible npc called Ricole Nichie right next to her (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19719/ricole-nichie) doing /rude at Haris... and yes you do need Eye of Divinity to be able to see her.

There are plenty of easter eggs/references out there, if you know where to look. :)

Hehe, now that's a real easter egg (because it's hidden), and funny too. 

I don't play WoW anymore, but I liked flexing at one of the NPCs in Lakeshire (maybe?) and they laugh at you; the text reads that they are not impressed.  I can't remember the NPC name.  Its not a true easter egg since it doesn't specifically reference anything but its still somewhat hidden and always made me laugh that the NPC responded to my /flex -- since most do not respond to your emotes.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
  • LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153

Aerith Primerose in Dalaran... Flower vendor of course...

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=28993/aerith-primrose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Well not just Haris Pilton but the goggles you could buy off of her for chump change and sell for 2k gold were a pretty good one to.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

My favourite one is when you go to your "Programs" section of your computer's "Control Panel" and you uninstall the game. Then you don't ever have to play it again. Best easter egg ever.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

nobody mentioned jhordy la(p)forge in tanaris!

nobody liked back to the future?

edit: also the one ring and it's slightly better counterpart the two ring

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• AuronanAuronan Member UncommonPosts: 7

Don't forget the send up to Buckaroo Banzai and the Dwarven machine that has gone through the mountain near Thousand Needles

• tiglietiglie Member UncommonPosts: 43

This one is super obscure......WoW's original content developer was Tigole, a member of Legacy of Steel...a content first clearing guild from way back in the old days of EQ on the Nameless server. 

Everyone who played EQ remembers the commonlands tunnel spam.  Well on Nameless there was one guy who RAN the market, he bought and sold everything.  His toons name was Beardo. 

The AH guy in Gadetzan is named Beardo.  Little shout out to Tigole's old EQ community, or random coincidence????

• BladgrimBladgrim Member UncommonPosts: 33

In the Borean Tundra, there is a boar, Unliving Swine, that, when he attacks you, can give you Swine Flu. Infected by the Swine Flu.  Attacking has a chance to trigger an outbreak.

30 seconds remaining

Swine Flu                                                             Disease

Infected by the Swine Flu.  Attacking has a chance to trigger an outbreak.

30 seconds remaining

• BladgrimBladgrim Member UncommonPosts: 33

Whooops, messed up that post a bit :P

• happyfartshappyfarts Member UncommonPosts: 94

ffs!!

how is it possible you saw haris pilton and did not see the he-man battlemaster look alike at shattrath city??

http://i.thottbot.com/ss/o/30962.jpg

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Most of these were awesome when I heard of them on X-Play like five years ago.  

• witchboywitchboy Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Teala

The rat talking to the turtles near a busted bottle of ooze in the Dalaran sewers.   Now that is awesome.

You know I've seen that hundreds of time, and it never once dawned on me despite the fact that my boys are now watching the same TMNT cartoons I did at their age.

• BoombadiLBoombadiL Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Heallun

Dran Droffers Salvage Co, with the father orc always yelling "You dummy!" to the son orc ^_^

Really the best easter egg is probably room of the upside down sinners, kara crypts -- it's a bit dark, though.  Kind of like the demonic kids in Goldshire.

Nice one.. any other Big Trouble Little China refs in the game?

• YaishaYaisha Member Posts: 117

I think there was a Ghostbusters style quest I remember doing too... (I think it was WoW, lol) where you have to put the traps down and suck up the ghosts

• zodiac13zodiac13 Member Posts: 2

there's Floyd Pinkus in outlands he is a inn keeper in Thrallmar

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Originally posted by Yaisha

I think there was a Ghostbusters style quest I remember doing too... (I think it was WoW, lol) where you have to put the traps down and suck up the ghosts

Egan's blaster (don't recall the quest name)

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by Tzetoth

Most of those aren't easter eggs, they're just pop culture references. Easter eggs used to be hidden obscure references, not some readily identifiable celebrity standing in the middle of a room.

There definitely are a good amount of these in WoW as well - this list just doesn't really properly showcase them.  Blame the author I guess. /shrugg

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by notquite

Can't believe the Six Demon Bag hasn't come up yet...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=7734

my personal favorite too, but i guess most people are too young to remember "big trouble in little china" :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• NihsnekNihsnek Member Posts: 17

Flowers for Algernon in Undercity.