Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: Earth Eternal bought by Time Warner

rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Source?  WhoIs info: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/eartheternal.com

Same servers that host cartoonnetwork.com..  I can see this going very well for Earth Eternal. Time Warner has deep pockets, can market the hell out of a family friendly anthropomorphic MMO and develop tie-ins, such as cartoons..

~Ripper

Comments

• LostGamingLostGaming Member Posts: 19

It meets the two hints Matt gave us from awhile ago:

1. No one will probably guess it.

2. We will be pleased about who they are.

Well, not sure if it's a good thing, but I see no one complaining about it on EE Forever.

Blinking contest... NOW!

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Smart marketing would be it having a subbed option on top of cash-shop, similar to what DDO/LotRO is doing, and being a current subscriber to roadrunner would give you access to everything the sub offers without paying extra. If they could do that with a handful of games, you'd see a lot of people jump ship to TWC internet providers over time.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475

Well, I hope Time Warner make the game better and I hope it won't be too long before they bring it out, it won't be this year though since they are taking a long time but I'm hoping maybe next year with adjustments. image

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

It looks like we'll be waiting a while longer to find out the fate of Earth Eternal.  Matt's last post on EE Forever on Sept. 30th, 2010 was:

Hi everyone,

Quick update: We're close to finalizing the sale of EE. Very close. Sorry it's taken so long! There have just been a bunch of things to work through in order to complete the deal.

Nothing else to tell right now, but wanted to let you know that EE is not forgotten nor dead.

--matt

No news, however, as to whether or not the sale has been finalized. We'll just need to wait and see.

~Ripper