Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Playing Solo Together

13»

Comments

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by arenasb

Originally posted by lnoruuk

I am really wondering if anyone know when the GW2 is set to come out. Cant seem to find any info online.

Only ArenaNet knows when it is scheduled to come out, and they probably don't even know for sure.

I am hoping their release date is When it is ready, and not a minute before.

• From a roleplaying perspective too, I really really like the concept of grouping happening in a more organic out-of-necessity way. It sets up things nicely for some fantastic roleplay opportunities, particularly in the pause time between events in a chain and particularly between two characters who may be somewhat awkward about fighting together.

I like it. :)

Anyone know if there will be roleplaying servers?

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by Strap

From a roleplaying perspective too, I really really like the concept of grouping happening in a more organic out-of-necessity way. It sets up things nicely for some fantastic roleplay opportunities, particularly in the pause time between events in a chain and particularly between two characters who may be somewhat awkward about fighting together.

Most games end up with an "unofficial" roleplaying server, but I would doubt there would be a dedicated one since its hard to enforce rules like must roleplay.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Repeated  Information?

Of course Fansites mostly do know better about their game. This is not a GW2 fansite, nor SWToR, nor FF14.

Of course you gather news on freaksites first,

Look at the gamelist, and the newcomings. Someone has to find a balance of news or news +1day and such.

I read this site because of opinions, reviews, previews, whatever, most of them by users.

Since 2003.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

I like the way this grouping works in theory, especially not having to "LF healer" or be declined a group invite to that effect. It'd be interesting to grab a rag-tag bunch to do a dungeon from the 5 races 8 professions combinations possible and how players have chosen to develop each and how that could influence the dungeon run etc? But with the easy-going grouping, I really like to see the skill-synergy be an important part of the game in Dynamic Events to overcome the challenge, that would be a rewarding way for players to assist each other as well as revive, which is always a help.

• MegaTommyMegaTommy Member UncommonPosts: 31

Actually, those "dynamic events" resemble Public Quests from Warhammer. Like very, very much.

I'm a dude. I do stuff.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by MegaTommy

Actually, those "dynamic events" resemble Public Quests from Warhammer. Like very, very much.

That's what they are, although apparently much better tuned and they don't give item rewards to prevent grind (you all remember doing PQs in WAR for fabled purple and gold bags and what a chore it was).

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by MegaTommy

did those public quests scale to the number of participants? did they span accross the land affecting other public quests? did those public quests spawn other public quests depending on the result of the previous one? Been a while since I played warhammer, can you refresh my memory about them?

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by Strap

From a roleplaying perspective too, I really really like the concept of grouping happening in a more organic out-of-necessity way. It sets up things nicely for some fantastic roleplay opportunities, particularly in the pause time between events in a chain and particularly between two characters who may be somewhat awkward about fighting together.

I really hope there will be one. :3

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

Nice question about the afk people.  I suppose there's no fix for players that just plain suck though is there?