Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

System Requirements Where the F are they!?

zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

Would be nice to know the Min/Req. System specs,its only got about 5 1/2 weeks left.

Comments

  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel houston, TXPosts: 7,277Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by zaylin

    Would be nice to know the Min/Req. System specs,its only got about 5 1/2 weeks left.

    As stated by the developers the minimum requirements would be any PC that can run the Unreal 3 Engine,  as that is basically the minimum specifications according to SOE.   More precisely,  you can view the system requirements from retailer sites such as Steam or Direct2Drive. They post the minimum requirements as:

     

     



    • OS: Windows XP 32-bit


    • Processor: 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor


    • Memory: 2 GB RAM


    • Hard Disk Space: 30 GB of Free Hard Drive Space


    • Video: NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card

    "Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"


    image

  • zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

    OMG! /faceplam, did not think about going to a distributor site to check req. specs lol thanks :)

  • dougmysticeydougmysticey Pflugerville, TXPosts: 1,176Member

    Originally posted by zaylin

    OMG! /faceplam, did not think about going to a distributor site to check req. specs lol thanks :)

     Don't beat yourself up. They have not been posted that long at Steam and they are still not posted at Gamestop. The graphics look awesome for unreal 3 but I hope they hold to that as it will make the game entry threshold low enough that most people will be able to play.  The min specs are pretty low in my book.

    image

  • KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

    30GB free space?

     

    Not a lot when taking the size of todays hard drives into consideration but when compared to other games that's a helluva lot, even AoC was less than that at launch. Now i'm wondering whether it's just a spec Steam have put up to err on the safe side as they dont realy know, whether the files haven't been compressed or if the game world is huge.

  • zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

    Originally posted by Kabaal

    30GB free space?

     

    Not a lot when taking the size of todays hard drives into consideration but when compared to other games that's a helluva lot, even AoC was less than that at launch. Now i'm wondering whether it's just a spec Steam have put up to err on the safe side as they dont realy know, whether the files haven't been compressed or if the game world is huge.

     Actually AoC has HD Space 32g on the box :P

  • azrael466azrael466 hillsboro, ORPosts: 365Member

    this might sound like a stupid question, but im not too good with video cards, would a Nvidia 8400 GS run it? direct2drive, and the list given here mentions GTX. but im not sure the difference, or if it even matters.

    Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

  • zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

    Originally posted by azrael466

    this might sound like a stupid question, but im not too good with video cards, would a Nvidia 8400 GS run it? direct2drive, and the list given here mentions GTX. but im not sure the difference, or if it even matters.

    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

    Go here its a good site to Gauge IF your video card can run it or not, ive had some games say not pass with video card,but they still ran. But its gives you a good idea.

    Personally since they are sayinga 7 series for min. req. i think a 8 series SHOULD run it.

    PS: its never a stupid question when it comes to Video cards and game capability. LOL it would really suck if you dropped the cash for DCUO only to instal it and get an error like "im sorry your old ass video card is to old to run this get a new one" {friendly sarcazim insert}. and not that a 8400 is hella old just makeing a funny example :)

  • azrael466azrael466 hillsboro, ORPosts: 365Member

    hmm, seems system requirements lab updated with DCU, last time i checked(a month or so ago) they didnt have it listed, thank you.

     

    the main thing that worried me is, im not sure the term, but i think it would be the GPU, rather then the series. everything i can tell says GTX is alot better then GS which i have, but that might just be speed rather then compatibility, so to speak.

    Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel houston, TXPosts: 7,277Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Kabaal

    30GB free space?

     

    Not a lot when taking the size of todays hard drives into consideration but when compared to other games that's a helluva lot, even AoC was less than that at launch. Now i'm wondering whether it's just a spec Steam have put up to err on the safe side as they dont realy know, whether the files haven't been compressed or if the game world is huge.

     

     

    Interesting thing about this,  according to those at DCUO Source,  they've clarified with the developers that it is actually 20 GBs of space.  They feel that the 30 may be a typo.. or an overcompensation.  Then again this may not be such a bad idea seeing how there will probably be additional patches before launch that may increase the size.

    "Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"


    image

  • zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

    Originally posted by azrael466

    hmm, seems system requirements lab updated with DCU, last time i checked(a month or so ago) they didnt have it listed, thank you.

     

    the main thing that worried me is, im not sure the term, but i think it would be the GPU, rather then the series. everything i can tell says GTX is alot better then GS which i have, but that might just be speed rather then compatibility, so to speak.

    Would have added this in my original post but I forgot about this site too

    GPUreview

    http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=310&card2=531

    again it gives you an idea,but does not mean your card wont run it,just mite have to lower graphic settings.And for the most part I would guess its more on speed&graphic capability than compatibility too. Did your card pass when you ran Can You Run IT?

  • azrael466azrael466 hillsboro, ORPosts: 365Member

    yes i did, which is great because i really didnt want to -have- to upgrade just because i really, really, really, really, really, really, really.....really really really, wanna play this game.

    Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

Sign In or Register to comment.