Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best RPG Game of 2010

What is the best RPG Game published in 2010?

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Not yet out, but I'm placing my bets on Arcania: Gothic IV!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

ummmmmmmmmmmm...........

Mass Effect 2?

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Darkfall since it is most immersive, realistic, and gives players most freedom

PVE expansion tomorrow!!!

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=4545497#post4545497

so excited!

also check out: http://www.mmorp.org

edit: well actually it came out in 2008 but DF2010 is the next expansion coming up soon which is said to have as many man-hours put into it as the Darkfall that you see today and that is when they say that they will start marketing so in a way it will be rereleased.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• HolySaint333HolySaint333 Member UncommonPosts: 24

FF13 was the only RPG that I played from start to finish so I'm gonna go with that. Was damn hard too!

If you ask my opinion I'd have to wait for my turn! :)

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Mass Effect 2

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Sid_Vicious

Darkfall since it is most immersive, realistic, and gives players most freedom

PVE expansion tomorrow!!!

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=4545497#post4545497

so excited!

also check out: http://www.mmorp.org

edit: well actually it came out in 2008 but DF2010 is the next expansion coming up soon which is said to have as many man-hours put into it as the Darkfall that you see today and that is when they say that they will start marketing so in a way it will be rereleased.

It'll agree with this. 

I'll also put forth Minecraft. 

• LoveImagineLoveImagine Member Posts: 17

ass effect 2...for obvious reasons

• segynsegyn Member Posts: 234

in my opinion it isn't out quite yet adn will be fallout new vegas.

• AchillezAchillez Member UncommonPosts: 105

Mass Effect 2. Hands down.

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Originally posted by segyn

in my opinion it isn't out quite yet adn will be fallout new vegas.

Absolutely agreed, even if it is AT LEAST as good as Fallout 3.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• mmogamer1mmogamer1 Member Posts: 4

Here I am, poking the bee hive with a short stick, giving you my Top 5 Best Multiplayer MMORPG Games:

No. 5th is Anarchy online - Anarchy actually is first online multiplayer mmorpg to use a science-fiction & introduced many of the design ideas we now see in mmorpg games and generally take for granted. For that Anarchy Online is a game worth remembering.

N0. 4th is Guild Wars - The graphics are exquisite: luxuriant and lavish landscapes stretched out in front of your eyes inviting you to explore the world, colorful characters and monsters made you gawk and impressive abilities and animations literally took your breath away.

No.3rd is Eve Online - Players can build their own ships and scour the vast expanse of space in search of adventure. A single server, player driven universe, EVE does not fit the criteria of a friendly MMO.

No.2nd is World of Warcraft - offers an immersive, high quality PVE experience based on highly detailed quests and challenging dungeons.

Finally No. 1 is Warhammer Online – Age of Reckoning - Warhammer Online has come a long way in its two years of existence and still offers a form of entertainment not matched by any other MMO currently on the market.

Read on reviews on all these top rated online MMORPG Games on XMMORPG.com.

• pye088jpye088j Member Posts: 228

Agree with many other posters. Mass effect 2 not even a competition this year.

All statements I make is from my point of view unless stated otherwise.

• ConebeastConebeast Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by pye088j

Agree with many other posters. Mass effect 2 not even a competition this year.

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

It will probably be Mass Effect 2,  but I reserve my judgement until I have completed Fallout - New Vegas.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Originally posted by Khrymson

Not yet out, but I'm placing my bets on Arcania: Gothic IV!

demo on steam btw.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• tiapherestiapheres Member Posts: 74

published 2010?

Final fantasy 14, Most advanced graphics for an MMO since they are based on FF13 engine. Easier than FF11 but not as easy as WoW. Great features, Extensive crafting, parties of up to 15 normally, teleporting for everyone to ease that constant running to point a-b feeling.

Trolling commence ^_^

Fatetaker Voidwalker
    Linkshell founder of Shi Ryu of Aegis & Figaro
    Leader of the Bad Wolves Multi Game Community

• SebialeSebiale Member Posts: 4

I don't think there's much point to talking about it until 2010 is over.

At least one more game will be out soon that could be a good contender: Fable III.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by tiapheres

published 2010?

Final fantasy 14, Most advanced graphics for an MMO since they are based on FF13 engine. Easier than FF11 but not as easy as WoW. Great features, Extensive crafting, parties of up to 15 normally, teleporting for everyone to ease that constant running to point a-b feeling.

Trolling commence ^_^

Every forum needs humor. This post is funny.

My opinion of what "The Best Role-Playing Game Game of 2010" will be? Mass Effect 2. New Vegas will be great, but won't win the title.

• unbound55unbound55 Member UncommonPosts: 325

Originally posted by tiapheres

published 2010?

Trolling comment ^^

Fixed it for you

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Kinda nice to reread the comments above...FFXIV ;)

Mass Effect 2 Nabs Golden Joystick Ultimate Game of the Year Award

The 2010 Golden Joystick Awards were announced with BioWare's Mass Effect 2 taking top honors and Modern Warfare 2 grabbing Shooter of the Year.

Mass Effect 2 won RPG of the Year as well.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• sorrysoldoutsorrysoldout Member Posts: 14

mass effect 2 of course..

you're a has been that never was

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

ME2 by a long shot.

But I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption as well.

• TehKlendTehKlend Member Posts: 17

Someone earlier said Gothic 4.

Yeah the game's pretty but it's way way too short and melee combat pretty much trumps all the others. Plus, once you've beaten the game you can't go back and do much of anything in the earlier areas.

• lhsmithlhsmith Member Posts: 3

im still looking for the best role playing games. But i think the FF saga is one of the exciting games for me:)

enjoy MMORPG:)

• mindsplitmindsplit Member UncommonPosts: 31

Mass Effect 2