Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How the ffxivboot bug drove me away from FF14

Comments

• maskedtearsmaskedtears Member UncommonPosts: 345

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by maskedtears

I'm not angry.

Okay then... lets try. "Bitter". And I'm pretty sure "butt-hurt" still applies. 

Nah. Not at all.

Someone sounds like a liar. 

You wanted my time, so I played you. You wanted my money, I forked it over. You wanted my soul, I gave it willingly. Not to complain... but when do I get my end of the deal? And no, I don't want your flippin' carrot. If you can't do that give me back my youth and keep the change. Why don't you try chasing your own damn carrot for a change? I'll gladly hold the stick.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Anyway, if you want to call this guy a liar, please look at the links:

This one is specific to the OPs problem:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12748-ffxivbootexe-has-encountered-a-problem/

This one is about crashing:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/17613-ffxiv-crashes-too-often/

Sorry you're having the same problems OP.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Did you try reinstalling the game, completely deleting it off your computer and re-installing it? That could have been your problem, but this game ran without all my updated drivers. 

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Wow, why has every MMO sub-forum here his own personal game defender? (Which is also the reason I don't come here for tech advise. You get flamed either way.) Strange way to try to welcome people to a new MMO you guys have. With such friends a MMO doesn't need enemies. I mean, yes... I come here because my life's sense is filled with destroying other people's MMOs. Geez. If you think that of any stranger you need a therapy! Seriously.

Google for the issue, you'll find legions of people have this problem.

Originally posted by Yunbei

Wow, why has every MMO sub-forum here his own personal game defender? (Which is also the reason I don't come here for tech advise. You get flamed either way.) Strange way to try to welcome people to a new MMO you guys have. With such friends a MMO doesn't need enemies.

Not all of them are like that. A vocal minority.

Anyway, if you want to call this guy a liar, please look at the links:

This one is specific to the OPs problem:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12748-ffxivbootexe-has-encountered-a-problem/

This one is about crashing:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/17613-ffxiv-crashes-too-often/

Sorry you're having the same problems OP.

That's all I asked for. Good job. 

You wanted my time, so I played you. You wanted my money, I forked it over. You wanted my soul, I gave it willingly. Not to complain... but when do I get my end of the deal? And no, I don't want your flippin' carrot. If you can't do that give me back my youth and keep the change. Why don't you try chasing your own damn carrot for a change? I'll gladly hold the stick.

Wow, why has every MMO sub-forum here his own personal game defender? (Which is also the reason I don't come here for tech advise. You get flamed either way.) Strange way to try to welcome people to a new MMO you guys have. With such friends a MMO doesn't need enemies.

Not all of them are like that. A vocal minority.

Prolly so. It just sours one's day if you can come with an issue and find yourself flamed, even if they are only two or three. Sometimes I feel Bllizzards real name forum policy wasn't such a bad idea. *sigh*

It's why I start to stay away from MMO forums at all. Nothing drove me away from SWTOR so much than the endless flamewars on every forum. Terrible. Just terrible. I have no will to waste my spare time with such aggressive people whatever their reasons are.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Originally posted by radtweak

Yes and yes.

Links, and what name did you go on IRC under? 

Err? Why you need to know my name there? You not prolly want to know my password either?

Umm... no. It means I'm checking to see if you are a liar or not. Just kidding.. sorta. But I am honestly curious about this issue. And if anyone who wants to play this game runs into this issue hopefully I'll be able to help them at that point. Because I'm always on IRC. 

I'm finding myself agreeing with maskedtears suspicions.

I kind of find it odd that the OP spent two weeks trying to find a solution, yet never once posted in this forum until now to just to say he'd already given up (why wouldn't you have at least asked in here for help? when you had the issue and whilst OB was still running).  There's still a few hours of OB left, why not post your specs and an event log of the game crash (in event viewer) and we might be able to help.. but let me guess... you've already "Uninstalled" it.. image

Why did Square not have an event log auto send?It is not like Square Enix is a small time noob developer,they house more staff than 99.9% of the developers out there.This is something that SHOULD have been in there no excuses.I have seen programs/games use it over 10 years ago.

As to searching or having anything to do with CORE,i do not suggest anyone supports that site at all.I noticed the Manager of this site allowed a posting to check out the CORE ,well i guess MANY still do not know of the scam that manager tried selling beta keys.It is not fake,he tried to make it sound like it was all a mistake or not really what it seemed like,your darn right it was,he tried something illegal and the site SHOULD have been shut down.I nor anyone else owns ANY part of the game be it Beta or not,to try an sell something related to FFXIV without permission is down right ILLEGAL.

That was not an innocent mistake,that was something no one should ever forget.BTW they were taking donations ,and i believe they still do but i could be wrong.Just the fact they WERE taking donations,should send a red flag up to anyone.They may have ended the donations,but that again shows the manager himself knows it sounds wrong/scammy/fishy whatever you want to call it.

BTW...here is a little homework i did,it IS real>>>>

boot crash

boot crash 

Apparently the one guy deleted all his old driver files for ATI card,i am not sure this is the fix all or not.Here is a post that hits home as to the frustration dealing with Square Enix>>>ZAM aka Allakahzam was the largest FFXi site in NA at one time,they couldn't even get answers and were frustrated with Square when comes to dealing with FFXIV,so if people think they will have better luck...good luck. ZAM frustration

Honestly does anyone really think Square does NOT want to launch the PS3 version?Of course not,they are just not capable of solving many problems with their Crystal tools game engine right now,something that was evident with FFXIII and still goes on.I find it sort of sad that people are calling out the OP,asking for log posting ,i am sure you guys are going to solve problems Square wants solved faster than you guys do.Well i posted two,tell him your answers if you REALLY want to help this person.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

You know, sometimes it's the small matters which make or break things. For me beta was and is one way to find out if a game is for me or not. Now with FF14 being so different in many ways, I just did not want to buy it blindly.

I dunno if you know about the bug, but it's something apparently a lot have. When you try to start the game, the ffxivboot file crashes. Every single time. I spent the last 2 weeks trying to find a solution, nothing. So I kinda gave it up, and tbh I never read any approach of the company really trying to solve it. They always wrote, send us your data, which I did, but after 2 weeks I am no better than before, and it kinda destroyed my faith in this company that they are capable. Maybe thats wrong, but no try no buy.

Yes yes, beta isn't for trying, but still. It just caused great doubts about the technical side of the game. And they really should care about this more. Doing themselves no good like this.

You aren't the only one.  SE has long since reached the point that they really do not care about such things.  I've no doubt it will be fixed eventually. But beware of the rabid fan boys. They violently attack anyone who does anything but sing the eternal praises of SE... ^^  

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."

I never said the problem wasn't really. I just wanted to know what responses THIS particular person had. And WHAT they tried and didn't try so I could help people out in the future. Stop being so freaking sensitive. You guys are acting like I ran over your dog.

And even if I was using my real life name I wouldn't change the way I act. Would you? 

• XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

PS1 FF7, Yep...

Thats were the FF series Peaked for me... 8,9,10 all went downhill..

FF online is the Devs just trying to take was was a Great name and make money off of it without

puting time into it to make it as great as it once was... Just like STO...

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by terroni

I personally loath joining an MMO too long after launch. There is enough about this game to make me wary, but I'm taking the plunge anyways.

---

To the OP, searching about FFXIVboot made my head hurt. It seems lots of people across lots of platforms are having issues.

the one thing you have to know is SE always strive to make ther game better sometimes they wont change certiant hings just because but if something is truly broken they will fix it

Originally posted by XxjagoxX

PS1 FF7, Yep...

Thats were the FF series Peaked for me... 8,9,10 all went downhill..

FF online is the Devs just trying to take was was a Great name and make money off of it without

puting time into it to make it as great as it once was... Just like STO...

BS they have put ALOt of work in to ff14 and they will con. to put alot of work in ff14 and improving it ffxi wasnt that great at release reither

Yes and yes.

Links, and what name did you go on IRC under? 

Err? Why you need to know my name there? You not prolly want to know my password either?

Umm... no. It means I'm checking to see if you are a liar or not. Just kidding.. sorta. But I am honestly curious about this issue. And if anyone who wants to play this game runs into this issue hopefully I'll be able to help them at that point. Because I'm always on IRC. 

I kind of find it odd that the OP spent two weeks trying to find a solution, yet never once posted in this forum until now to just to say he'd already given up (why wouldn't you have at least asked in here for help? when you had the issue and whilst OB was still running).  There's still a few hours of OB left, why not post your specs and an event log of the game crash (in event viewer) and we might be able to help.. but let me guess... you've already "Uninstalled" it.. image

You do realize that MMOrpg is just one such site for information?  Perhaps this was their last choice for such. In any event, assuming some one is lying about a technical issue is rather revealing...  Given the complex nature of writing for the PC platform, there are any number of possible issues.  I've no doubt they will fix it eventually. 

Wow, why has every MMO sub-forum here his own personal game defender? (Which is also the reason I don't come here for tech advise. You get flamed either way.) Strange way to try to welcome people to a new MMO you guys have. With such friends a MMO doesn't need enemies. I mean, yes... I come here because my life's sense is filled with destroying other people's MMOs. Geez. If you think that of any stranger you need a therapy! Seriously.

Were you talking to me? O.o I was just trying to help bubbah sanchez. I don't care if you like this game or not. :P I just want to help you make the decision, and that means your game ACTUALLY has to be working. 

Ah, so I'm not the only detective in the room. Nice. =D

"Detective"? Ah, assume anyone who posts of issues is lying until you know otherwise.  Is this some Great Right Wing Blizzard Conspiracy?...image  Issues in beta or even at launch are to be expected.  Attacking people who need assistence is neither wise, nor helpful.

Originally posted by Wraithone

You do realize that MMOrpg is just one such site for information?  Perhaps this was their last choice for such. In any event, assuming some one is lying about a technical issue is rather revealing...  Given the complex nature of writing for the PC platform, there are any number of possible issues.  I've no doubt they will fix it eventually. 

It's because it's MMORPG. Trolls outnumber people with honest to god interest more than half the time. If this was on say Core, I'd believe it hands down.  But this is MMORPG... I mean really? 

"Detective"? Ah, assume anyone who posts of issues is lying until you know otherwise.  Is this some Great Right Wing Blizzard Conspiracy?...image  Issues in beta or even at launch are to be expected.  Attacking people who need assistence is neither wise, nor helpful.

Questioning things is now attacking? If that's the case then everyone who questions anything about FFXIV is attacking the game. I've never even played any of Blizzards games so I never mention them except to say I've never played any of their games. Don't believe me? Go check. 

Thanks for judging. 

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

I never said the problem wasn't really. I just wanted to know what responses THIS particular person had. And WHAT they tried and didn't try so I could help people out in the future. Stop being so freaking sensitive. You guys are acting like I ran over your dog.

And even if I was using my real life name I wouldn't change the way I act. Would you? 

he actually already stated what they had him try if you had read all the posts and not just the ones to nit pick some ones grammar mr spelling nazi. i could see one some one was using that annoying "133t"  speak gibberish.

now you're trying to act all innocent about it and change the reasoning to why you had asked. even tho you already stated you only asked so you could discredit him and also called him a liar....even tho its a known problem with the game, that some people are having..

Originally posted by MisterSr

Were you talking to me? O.o I was just trying to help bubbah sanchez. I don't care if you like this game or not. :P I just want to help you make the decision, and that means your game ACTUALLY has to be working. 

Eh, nah not you. ^^

Originally posted by abyss610

he actually already stated what they had him try if you had read all the posts and not just the ones to nit pick some ones grammar mr spelling nazi. i could see one some one was using that annoying "133t"  speak gibberish.

now you're trying to act all innocent about it and change the reasoning to why you had asked. even tho you already stated you only asked so you could discredit him and also called him a liar....even tho its a known problem with the game, that some people are having..

It's impossible for her to be incorrect.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

The whole " OP spent 2 weeks trying to find a solution, yet never once posted in this forum" statement is just funny to me.

I mean really? Posting anything in this forum asking for help is a joke. OP might as well have stuck his tongue to his power supply while his friend booted up his PC to find a solution. At least that might have actually been amusing if not helpful.

OP it seems your problem is widespread among many many people and no one knows a solution. Hopefully you can find one if you really wanna play this game, or if not hope you find something else that plays well for you.

But either way I bet lesson learned about these forums and anything but blind praise towards FFXIV.

Good luck to ya.

Originally posted by abyss610

He could say whatever he wants it doesn't make it real. Which I admit that I was skeptical. However it doesn't mean that I wasn't honestly curious, or I wouldn't of asked for urls and asked where he was trying to get help. I went on irc and even asked if anyone had asked this question on here recently? 

Where did I pick on anyones grammar? 

I'm not trying to act all innocent. I even PM'd him my intent tyvm and we had a lovely talk about it. And it IS a known problem with the game but different people have it for DIFFERENT reasons. Which if you've had the problem, you'd of known that. 

Which I DO know because I've had it. It however did not take me 2 weeks to solve it. Which is why I was suspicious. 

It's impossible for her to be incorrect.

oh really?  I've admitted to being wrong many times. Just because you didn't see it. Didn't mean it didn't happen. So like I said you are bitter. 

Well OP there could be another possible solution, but it also means taking a risk of actually buying the game. The beta client MUST be deleted in order to properly play the game, so you could wait till release and purchase the game and see if it runs, be sure not to use the code inside otherwise any chance of being able to sell it back in case it doesn't work is gone. The risk is that many stores WON'T take the game back once it's been opened, but in my honest opinion I think this game is worth the risk. But that is just me; I really hope you find a solution. And if not, there's always guild wars 2 you can look forward to. 

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

You know, sometimes it's the small matters which make or break things. For me beta was and is one way to find out if a game is for me or not. Now with FF14 being so different in many ways, I just did not want to buy it blindly.

I dunno if you know about the bug, but it's something apparently a lot have. When you try to start the game, the ffxivboot file crashes. Every single time. I spent the last 2 weeks trying to find a solution, nothing. So I kinda gave it up, and tbh I never read any approach of the company really trying to solve it. They always wrote, send us your data, which I did, but after 2 weeks I am no better than before, and it kinda destroyed my faith in this company that they are capable. Maybe thats wrong, but no try no buy.

Yes yes, beta isn't for trying, but still. It just caused great doubts about the technical side of the game. And they really should care about this more. Doing themselves no good like this.

I really enjoy the game, but if I couldn't get it to boot up I sure as heck wouldn't buy it either. Wait a while, I am sure they'll fix it within a month or so.

Originally posted by xaldraxius

I really enjoy the game, but if I couldn't get it to boot up I sure as heck wouldn't buy it either. Wait a while, I am sure they'll fix it within a month or so.

how can they fix it if its due to the user pc?