Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ever Quest Extended Log In issue,Anyone Else?

zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

I down loaded the 12g patch. Clicked the play button and all it does is freeze up. Any one else getting this. Or any suggestions as to wtfs going on lol. Im pretty good at trouble shooting issues,but this one is puzzling me atm.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance ParisPosts: 1,223Member

Not sure if I can 100% help you other than that it sounds like you downloaded the normal game which might give you issues if you're trying to get into the Extended version of the game. My suggestion is to follow the instructions to the T to get the Extended client.

I am capable of logging into EQ2X but only have 3 gigs worth of the game on my hard drive at the moment.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

Intresting only 3g of it and able to log in :)..nice. Ya i followed every thing to the T. Think ill try and DL it again maybe i got a hicup in my DL that caused and issue , ty for the reply mate :)

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,667Member Uncommon

That is why i am here ,looking to see if anyone has something to say about the servers always down.I am 2/2 on nothing but a dead startup,i can't even get to the login.It was the same thing last week when i went in to play,i can't believe i am that unlucky they were down both times,they must be down a lot more than needed.

Samoan Diamond

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance ParisPosts: 1,223Member

To Zaylin:

That is how streaming downloads work. The client only downloads what you need to play in a particular part of the game. The upside is that you can start playing quickly, the downside is that if you go to a new area, it takes more time to load the first time since you have to download the resources.

To Wizardry:

I have no idea if there is a daily downtime for the servers. There used to be when I played live, but I don't know for Extended. I can't remember when Live is taken down (if they still do that). As a European player, I've had no problems with the Extended server being down. I guess I'm lucky.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.