Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vindictus uses Pando Media Booster

GruntyGrunty TexasMember Posts: 7,725 Uncommon

Pando Media Booster is a peer to peer file sharing program.  It will essentially take over your upload capacity sharing the Vindictus files with other people downloading the game.

Be sure to uninstall/shutdown PMB.exe once you have finished the game download and setup. That is unless you want your internet connection controlled by Pando.

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 3,039 Uncommon

Or alternatively you could download the game the manual way and have nothing to do with Pando. i downloaded the client that way yesterday and just used DownloadThemAll Firefox manager, it came in at around 6000KB/s.

I agree though, Pando is a pain the ass program.

• TazlorTazlor NYC, NYMember Posts: 864

it seems like a lot of games use it now.  DDO, LOTRO, Allods, League of Legends and maybe a few more.  well, that's not a lot but still.

• bronecarbronecar onestiMember Posts: 685
  • ZorlofeZorlofe TXMember Posts: 190 Uncommon

Yeah, I just downloaded it manually also and didn't have to deal with that and the speeds were good too so I suggest going that route.

• GruntyGrunty TexasMember Posts: 7,725 Uncommon

Previous games also used PMB for their patches. After you get a patch to the game make sure that PMB.exe is not running again..