Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Fighting Talk: DAOC vs WAR

123457»

Comments

• eLdritchZeLdritchZ Member Posts: 83

ok i just have to post this now...

DAoC's graphics are bad? check some newer screens.... it looks very crisp and fitting now...

WAR btw is built on an engine VERY similar to the one used in Catacombs.

WAR - PvP 10/10  <---- haha good one ^^ maybe in T1... and how does the game seem fair with all the blatant balance issues they've been having since launch?

<S.T.E.A.L.T.H>
    An Agency that kicks so much ass it has to be written in all capital letters... divided by dots!
    www.stealth-industries.de

• EQTarbosEQTarbos Member Posts: 130

No way in hell is War even close in the same catagory as DAOC. Daoc is one hell of a game and war is so blah. Maybe they should have done DAOC 2 and made a winner. I think it has alot to do with selling out to EA for some cash.. 

• MistmouseMistmouse Member Posts: 91

Played DaoC for over 7 years but i only lasted around 3 months playing War and that includes stopping twice , waiting for a month or so and retrying it. War just falls short in so many areas, The basic design is just crap and should have been tossed out and replaced with some that was fun.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

I love this series of articles, but for the love of the gods, use an editor, or at least get your girlfriend to read your article. I saw three glaring typos just skimming through it one time. Sloppy work diminishes the fun read.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

War is the daddy of PVP? I am on an MMORPG site right? Anyone that has ever played both of these knows DAoC pvp is so much better than WAR.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• JustTJustT Member UncommonPosts: 8

There has never been a better mmorpg for me than daoc and WAR isnt even close.

• xarkinxarkin Member UncommonPosts: 3

PvP/End Game

WAR = 10/10

DAOC = 8/10

LOL.. Best part

Idk how these games came so close..  WAR is terrible.. the fact these games are close makes me question the posters actual gaming experience and carebear level.. Come on MMORPG, hire people that actually play games to write for you..

• Remath32Remath32 Member Posts: 2

I quit WAR for a long time and came back. The end game is awesome with the changes they made recently. The AAO bonus keeps people in the zones fighting for control. The dynamics of the game have changed alot with the recent changes and it's really fun to play. I just hope with the new expansion that they keep the good stuff rollin.

My only complaint is the RvR lakes are to small.

• EQTarbosEQTarbos Member Posts: 130

The thing i do nbot understand is this. Why don't mythic just give people want and make daoc 2? People would love to play it and pay for it. 

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL PLAY!

• ZebucityZebucity Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

Originally posted by karat76

Normally I would side with you  and agree with your ratings. However DAoC vs WAR is like putting  a hogtied poodle covered in A1 in a cage with a hungry lion. DAoC aside from graphics is a far superior product. Score should have been closer to 70-30.

I agree with this, I like Warhammer but it realy should have come out more like 60-40 or a bit more.  Personally for PvP I'd give War a 7/10, but for endgame I would give it a 1/10, it is quite simply put the worst endgame I've ever seen.

Agree, however if you played Tabula Rasa you would see War does not have the worst endgame.

For the Thrill of the Game

• ZebucityZebucity Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by eLdritchZ

ok i just have to post this now...

DAoC's graphics are bad? check some newer screens.... it looks very crisp and fitting now...

WAR btw is built on an engine VERY similar to the one used in Catacombs.

WAR - PvP 10/10  <---- haha good one ^^ maybe in T1... and how does the game seem fair with all the blatant balance issues they've been having since launch?

Wait, are you complaining about balance?????? I thought it was fair for a Warrior Priest buff to completely negate one of the Sorc's talent trees.

For the Thrill of the Game

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    PVP wise, WAR is where it's at. Overall gameplay + PVP. DAOC is where it's at.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
This discussion has been closed.