Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does ffxiv suck?

xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

I wasn't able to get into the open beta. So why does it suck. Please don't say anything about controls because, to me, thats the worst reason to not play a game. 

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Who are you asking specifically, because I don't think it sucks. STO sucks. FFXIV does not. To each their own but who exactly are you asking?

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427

I just found a treasure chest out in the wild.  o.o

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

• kalarenkalaren Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Fortenc

I just found a treasure chest out in the wild.  o.o

Did it have cake?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I think the question you should be asking people is what makes FFXIV fun to play, that's what I'd want to know if I was considering this game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by elocke

Who are you asking specifically, because I don't think it sucks. STO sucks. FFXIV does not. To each their own but who exactly are you asking?

The front page is full of complaints. I was wondering why they are complaining. Just read that there isn't going to be an auction house system and instead there will be player ran companies. Awesome. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Not to come off as rude, but do you really believe controls aren't such a big deal? Aside from the already present backlash from fans from it imagine playing a game like MW2 with bad controls... assure you, there won't be nearly as many players as it has now.

To answer your question, for me it isn't one thing but many small things that add up and make the experience a not so good one. For the masses the major things are as mentioned controls, the UI, server and game stability, bad optimization, lack of content (in beta anyways) and a sense of being lost as the tutorial does a bad job at teaching you how the game works.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by xpiher

I wasn't able to get into the open beta. So why does it suck. Please don't say anything about controls because, to me, thats the worst reason to not play a game. 

Thats probably the worst part of the game to be honest.

Keep in mind its beta still. However the game hangs up or lags when going through the menus for certain processes. Selling your items can take 5-10 minutes. Crafting has hang ups for 3 -5 seconds twice everytime you craft something.

Swtiching between jobs is a hassle because your action bars reset all the time. So unless you spend a good hour making some macros, it can get tiresome.

Besides that the game seems fairly decent.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

The front page is full of complaints. I was wondering why they are complaining. Just read that there isn't going to be an auction house system and instead there will be player ran companies. Awesome. 

As far as I know its not companies but npc's standing there selling your stuff much like in f2p games.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Not to come off as rude, but do you really believe controls aren't such a big deal? Aside from the already present backlash from fans from it imagine playing a game like MW2 with bad controls... assure you, there won't be nearly as many players as it has now.

To answer your question, for me it isn't one thing but many small things that add up and make the experience a not so good one. For the masses the major things are as mentioned controls, the UI, server and game stability, bad optimization, lack of content (in beta anyways) and a sense of being lost as the tutorial does a bad job at teaching you how the game works.

Yes because you can learn how to use bad controls well. Also, I've played most of the recent games where people complained about bad control: MO, DFO, and Fallen Earth. I did not find the controls on those games bad. Sure they may of lacked some functionality that would of made things a little more fluid, but it wasn't game breaking for me. The people who complained about the controls in those games, to me, were basically saying "its not like WoW therefore its no intuitive." I also found FFXI controls to be simple as well. 

Also, you can't use MW2 because there isn't a single way to mess up controls in a FPS. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

I forgot about that. The way its implemented currently is pretty lame.

Their is 18 or 19 instances in the city market district. They have retainers that you can browse. Unfortunately there is about 30 retainers per instance and you are lucky if you find one that is selling anything decent..

So unless you know the name of the retainer you are looking for and which instance they are in, good luck. It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

There are numerous threads where you can voice your opinion on the game that are already created, please read the stickies before posting. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.