Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: RvR Pack Details

2»

Comments

• Duster505Duster505 Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

Originally posted by Demonspirit8

If they mixed the pvp of this game with the pve of age of conan then it would be great. I resubbed to war recently and unsubbed after 5 days. Reason is there is nothing BUT PVP. i know some people only play for pvp and love it but i get burned out after awhile of doing nothing but scenerios and when there is enough peple orvr.

tell me about it, ppl are still playing same serpent scenario since day one lol. U cant really expect these backup guys to do anything great since these guys were probably mopping the floor and making coffee before they got moved up to keep the game alive.

THis is pretty much the reason WAR has no chance in hell.  Everyone has left now and there are just few ppl (less than 20 by the looks of things) that are keeping the game barely playable and then 2-3 PR ppl talking about things that migh come 9-12 months from now...

Again might come.... lets not forget that these brainiacs wanted to make both factions playable on same server... That was 2 months ago...

• Duster505Duster505 Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by Rymos

Warhammer is a GREAT game and has a lot of great features and principles; the issue is the monthly fee. I just don't feel $15 is worth paying for this game. I may be an idiot but I wouldn't pay $15/month just to get characters to level 40, do the same RvR over and over, and not even have an xpoff function like in DAoC. I would ONLY play this game with a trial account if they allowed trial accounts bo use all gear for their class instead of having the restrictions. And so as such, I am not playing WAR anytime soon besides when I want some RvR fun for a few hours.

Totally agree - the game simply isn't worth the money cause it has so many issues that you can not look past over longer period of time.  "Im not paying for that"  - be that for the balancing issues that goes to the core of the faction wars - or cause of the blatantly unprofessional work that goes into the game - ending up pile of bugs that are not fixed before every new patch is released.  And its not like the patches are releasing new content...

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

Originally posted by Duster505

If they mixed the pvp of this game with the pve of age of conan then it would be great. I resubbed to war recently and unsubbed after 5 days. Reason is there is nothing BUT PVP. i know some people only play for pvp and love it but i get burned out after awhile of doing nothing but scenerios and when there is enough peple orvr.

tell me about it, ppl are still playing same serpent scenario since day one lol. U cant really expect these backup guys to do anything great since these guys were probably mopping the floor and making coffee before they got moved up to keep the game alive.

THis is pretty much the reason WAR has no chance in hell.  Everyone has left now and there are just few ppl (less than 20 by the looks of things) that are keeping the game barely playable and then 2-3 PR ppl talking about things that migh come 9-12 months from now...

Again might come.... lets not forget that these brainiacs wanted to make both factions playable on same server... That was 2 months ago...

Lmao 20 people playing eh? well they must be all quad boxing and then some as on badlands in T2 we have had four FULL warbands  running around order side, with three or four full destro warbands as well on most nights thats in ONE Tier..

T1 is always full due to the Endless Trial. and as far as the new RVR pack is concerned Andy stated they hoped for a Dec Release not 9-12 months from now...

Try reading the Q&A I posted on the first page of this thread and get a tad bit of info , or keep speaking out the wrong hole, it is your choice........

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Too little too late.  They needed a third faction a year ago, and this one isn't even a starting faction.  They would be better off upgrading DAoC instead of dumping money into this sinking ship.

Bingo they should have just revamped daoc , really updated and added som,e more themepark while maintianing camp exping and removing privet dungeons.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

To little to late. I occasionally abuse the trial for some cheap fun. I have no interest in grinding to 40/80 to even be competative in T4 RVR.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Man, why is everyone so bitter about this game?  I've played on and off since launch and don't share any of the negative feelings.  I think a lot of the hate simply comes from the game not being what many people envisioned as DAoC 2.  If they were going to make DAoC 2 at the time they would just made DAoC2 not bother to create a new franchise.  Many of those who are satisfied never had those expecations in the first place. 

A third faction might have been a good idea from the beginning in order to entice more DAoC players into the fold.  At the same time we knew there was only two factions long before launch and I have never seen any game add an entirely new faction after development.  Therefore, if you went in with hopes of that IMO you should have known better.  I do not think that adding a third faction now would bring hordes of players back.  Not to mention that such an endeavor would pretty much take a redesign of a lot of the game from the ground up.  Every RvR area and every scenario atm is designed around 2 factions.  All of them would have to be revamped.

Personally, I am pretty satisfied with WAR as is.  It's a fun casual pvp romp whenever I'm looking for one.  The outcrys of class imbalance are pretty silly to me to.  If you actually play the game you can certainly see that not every class is perfectly balanced, but there is not some crazy amount of imbalance present in WAR any more so than there is in most games with a PvP feature.  You also don't have to have an RR80 to be competitive.  I have always done fine throughout the leveling experience. 

I am not a WAR fanboi, they game has plenty of valid flaws.  WAR may not be the greatest game ever made, it may not have lived up to everyone's expectations, it may not have come out as every single individual envisioned it, it may have bugs, but it's still a fun game.  In closing, nothing beats being able to punt people across the battlefield.

Steam: Neph

• MoridiinMoridiin Member Posts: 2

I still play the game, and have since launch. I think it is the best Pvp, and actually the best community to play with. There's a very small percentage of 12y.o whiny annoying kids(but ofc, some are there) and that makes  it a lot easier to hang around than some other mmo's.

But, i have to agree with the disgruntled posters. When they announced making a WH online game, I, being a tabletop player danced a jig of joy and went into a happy place. But tha launch was buggy as hell and lots of issues announced during beta took up to 6months to fix, which i understand killed the fun for alot of people. Besides, the "campaign" as it was back then was complicated and with too many factors incorporated to be much "fun". Now they've learned and as it is the campaign has gotten a lot better, and the city siege is actually a pleasant 30min to 60min "raid" and very playable. I still love the game, and i'm looking forward to torching skaven with my Annihilate.

SILENCE! I Kill Yoou

• XxSyCxXXxSyCxX Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by wolvie3131

Originally posted by Duster505

Lmao 20 people playing eh? well they must be all quad boxing and then some as on badlands in T2 we have had four FULL warbands  running around order side, with three or four full destro warbands as well on most nights thats in ONE Tier..

T1 is always full due to the Endless Trial. and as far as the new RVR pack is concerned Andy stated they hoped for a Dec Release not 9-12 months from now...

Try reading the Q&A I posted on the first page of this thread and get a tad bit of info , or keep speaking out the wrong hole, it is your choice........

Wolvie.....  I want you to go back and read what he wrote again...

• AureliusLHAureliusLH Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Nephaerius

Man, why is everyone so bitter about this game? 

For me, because it could, and should, have been SO much better than the emasculated product thet got released. Quite why they are only now realising there were lessons to be learned from DAOC really baffles me......

• armanth13armanth13 Member UncommonPosts: 36

I would still be playing but twice since it's launch that I am aware of they had massive billing issues.  This last one was just as I started again and was using gtc's and their website shows wal-mart selling them, but sadly they aren't on the shelves here at my wal-mart and I ask the employees and they have no idea what I'm talking about and can't explain why  something advertised to be in their stores isn't.....I stopped playing because I couldn't get gtc's anywhere in town.  The game isn't bad the pve is a little lacking imo, but for pvp it's pretty good compared to pvp in most other games similiar.  I might stretch and see about a prepaid visa for it, to avoid my bank account getting pinged by another billing error, since I love the skaven, but if they are both factions and not just one?  or a new third faction then why should I even bother.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Plain and simple,they hyped the game into the ground. I followed WAR for 2 years in development. And yes I bought into the hype,I have a Collectors Edition too. But a lot of what was said about the game was poorly exicuted imo. Dont get me wrong I had fun playing WAR.When I hit Rank 40/rr25,I was all geared and stoked to hit T4 and get some city siege action,but that was not the case as it toke almost 5months from launch for the FIRST city to GET sieged,that included every server.Now when they boast about a specific feature like City Siege as one of their main end game options it should not take 5 months for ONE server to do it. And when they changed up the RvR system the first time cities were getting sacked every other day or so,but the wait and lag once you got into the city was Horrible. Honestly it would be like telling some one playing WoW that they can only do a raid/heroics only once every 2-3 months or so. The other thing that hit WAR hard was the rediculous crowd control both sides had. run up to a BW get knocked back,get up,get knocked down,get up,get rooted...D E A D. and i know they kinda fixed that with a 30sec immunity or something . but i thought it was kinda funny that one of the devs  think his name was adam,quoted in one of the podcast videos that they were NOT going to have out of control/over powered CC. enywho.hope the 40k mmo does better.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

I abandoned this sinking ship quite a while ago (I played from launch) due mostly to the obvious Imbalance in certain classes that the Devs were too slow in fixing (the same thing that drove a lot of people away) and nothing in this announcement made me even contemplate going back.

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

I was in beta for like 6 months up to launch. I enjoyed the game alot. Than launch was there. I even had 3days early gametime or w/e that special was.

And was like 40 in less than a month. And bam nothing to do.

• dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

I just never found the core gameplay very compelling, it has always felt clunky, the engine quite poor and outdated from day one and the reality of their RvR system fairly broken.    There is VERY little room for player skill to show through from their simplistic combat system and most people of one class play very much the same.  

Nothing they could do except rewriting the core mechanics from scratch could get me to come back, it ultimately just wasn't very fun, and I AM their target audience, a games workshop fan that does nothing but pvp in other games.      I could only take about a month of it.

• killingjoke7killingjoke7 Member Posts: 5

Using "WAR" and "best" and "RVR"  in the same sentence if laughable LOL

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I think it would be useless to have a 3rd faction, the engine this game runs on is utter junk & ruins any kind of decent gaming, not only that but the totally linear zone design is retarded & doesn't fit 3-way play at all.

This title needed 3 factions, a way better siege system, and LESS scenarios or none & a robust & enjoyable PvE game, it needed better zone, castle & terrain design, and a ton less overlap of AE's.

Most of the reported budget was blown on hyping the game up & travelling all over the globe instead of on crushing the alpha code bugs & glitches, the swap of game direction mid-development was a crucial factor.

• MirslpMirslp Member UncommonPosts: 41

Oh please... Linear zone design?... Name me another MMO in the themepark class that is NON-Linear?

3 factions could be done but would mean a overhaul of the existing game. Why is that lame?

And please name me the reason for the engine being junk? I have had no problem running this game from day one exept from server lag at the beginning.

So Skuz what game are you playing?

• KirinRahlKirinRahl Member UncommonPosts: 159

This update (and expansion pack) does a lot of neat things.  Thanquol's Incursion, the new dungeon, is for 65+ only... and it's got some -very- valuable loot inside.  This is perfect mainly because it will bring a lot of those catastrophically powerful 40/80s out of the zone and get them gunning for some new weapons.  It only happens once in a while, but when it does happen, the lower-rank characters can be reasonably sure they're only fighting other lower-rank characters.

There's also a sliding bonus to Renown, which means getting to 80 will be quicker and easier.

Also, the RvR mechanics in general have gotten a huuuuuuge overhaul; the system is completely different, with zone locks happening the moment the enemy keep is captured rather than being controlled by some strange VP system that essentially forces outpopulated realms to retreat from a zone in order to protect it.

FOLKS WHO WANT THREE FACTIONS:

Games Workshop says it cannot happen.  It cannot happen.  Mythic asked and they were told two factions or no game.  Cannot, will not happen until Games Workshop gives the okay; if you want to talk to someone who can actually help you, talk to Games Workshop, not Mythic.

FOLKS WHO WANT NON-LINEAR RvR:

Go play basketball on a court with eight baskets, four end zones, three goals and five buttons distributed around the court that makes you gain one point per minute when pressed.  That'd be a fun game, huh?

People on the Internet are stupid.  Calvinball is fun with a few folks who are friends.  Having clearly-delineated goals is -highly- beneficial when dealing with the gibbering masses out on the Vast Interbutts.  This way, thank fucking Christ, there's a shadow of a chance that people who don't understand the game or don't care will be in the right place doing the right thing just because it's The Place To Be.  Keep battles are fun.  This system is more fun -by a lot- than the old system, and it takes the steam out of folks who like to leave zones when they're outnumbered!  

The underpopulated realm gets a percentage bonus to renown gain (Against All Odds), and the zone lock XP/RR/Influence SCALES with this bonus; if you're fighting for your life in a keep with 300% AAO and the enemy locks the zone after a long fight, they get 60% of the XP/RR/INF pool and you get 40%... which is then multiplied by 300%, so you actually get -twice- as much as the enemy did.  Even if you only get one tick of VP, that's 15%, which works out to 45%; if you dug your heels in at -all-, you WILL get rewards for staying put, especially if you are vastly outnumbered.

It fixes so much shit I can hardly encompass it in English.  I can't -wait- for this patch to drop.  There're gonna be issues with the new stat scaling and stuff, but that'll get worked out as time goes on; it needs live time to get real testing and metrics gathered.

Anyway.  This is a great patch.  I've been testing it like crazy and I'm -very- happy with the results.