Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where did all the cdf go?

seriously??? havent seen one here since the ep admitted most of the game is sub standard, and the same day the cryptic ceo essiantially said that they were going to fix all the mistakes they made in sto on there next game.

has the cryptic defence force been disbanded?

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

Comments

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

They all realized they were living a lie.

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

They're still around. They've just taken the tack of reporting and getting certain threads locked/titles changed.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Being the lemmings that they are , and it being September aren't they suppose to be marching toward that cliff ?

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Well.. they either

A) Had to go back to school

B) They decided they didnt like the taste of foot in mouth after what Emmeret said and they are coming up with all new material to quell us with and new ways to ignore things that Emmert and Stahl have said recently.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Being the lemmings that they are , and it being September aren't they suppose to be marching toward that cliff ?

That is a bleak mark in the history of the magical world of Disney...

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Cacaphony They decided they didnt like the taste of foot in mouth after what Emmeret said and they are coming up with all new material to quell us with and new ways to ignore things that Emmert and Stahl have said recently.

Jack Emmert just doesn't get it!!!!!!!

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Hagonbok

They're still around. They've just taken the tack of reporting and getting certain threads locked/titles changed.

Yep. If you haven't noticed, they filter through here in cycles; we'll get a few that will post for a bit, then get a small break, then another group will pop in to post, another break, then we'll see some of the first group pop back in, etc. We've had breaks from them that last anywhere from a couple hours to a couple weeks. They only time we see most of them at the same time is when there's a hot issue/thread, and whoever's on defense duty that week can't handle the thread by themselves; then we'll see all kinds of names pop back up until the thread gets burried or locked.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

I've actually noticed that we see them the most near the end of a month, especially when it was close to the big sub milestones. i.e. 3 month and six month. A lot of them Cryptic  staffers maybe? I know I've always thought so.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

It's not that they have dissapeared, it's just that they have to buy posting privledges from the c-store. :D

Originally posted by OoMpAlOmPaZ

It's not that they have dissapeared, it's just that they have to buy posting privledges from the c-store. :D

LMAO ! Thank you.

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

Originally posted by OoMpAlOmPaZ

ROFL! guess they are all low on c-points at the moment due to the new ship that just came out.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

I guess I got labelled a Cryptic Fan by y'all - and I'm still around. Just not taking part in unconstructive conversations here in the MMORPG.com STO Forums. I post a little in the STO Official forums, otherwise I'm ingame (playing the new Breen-based weekly episodes/patrols right now and saving up for the Purple Deflector Dish I want fromm my dailies - still on a Blue Mk VI, I think)

I've never claimed STO is perfect or indeed even polished (I play City of Heroes for that) but it's an enjoyable game for me (I'm a certainly casual player - don't have the time to invest in games like I used to five-plus years ago)

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by Zap-Robo

I guess I got labelled a Cryptic Fan by y'all - and I'm still around. Just not taking part in unconstructive conversations here in the MMORPG.com STO Forums. I post a little in the STO Official forums, otherwise I'm ingame (playing the new Breen-based weekly episodes/patrols right now and saving up for the Purple Deflector Dish I want fromm my dailies - still on a Blue Mk VI, I think)

I've never claimed STO is perfect or indeed even polished (I play City of Heroes for that) but it's an enjoyable game for me (I'm a certainly casual player - don't have the time to invest in games like I used to five-plus years ago)

I agree with you. Pointless to post in unconstructive posts. People get yelled at with bold misspelled words, then they put in their sig. This thread was like watching a roll call of the opposite of the CDF. Much better read when you let them talk amongst themselves.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

I love seeing these people brainwashed into being good little community members, and then using some of  the big community manager/rep  keywords used to do that brainwashing.

Wanting STO to fail is completely "constructive" anyway. The game is a blight on the genre, and having that blight wiped out would do only good.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

well, maybe their working on their arguments defending the new upcoming (next few weeksimage(just as soon as they reskin the klingons as halflings) if not next month!)  title, based on the NWN fantasy genre image

• KelvrekKelvrek Member Posts: 86

The bottom line is that the critics on this forum have made any constructive, rational conversation impossible.  People who might want to say anything good about the game or have a conversation about the game get relenlessly pummelled by your negativity.  Eventually, they decide to move along to a more reasonable place.  Perhaps some other people around here have better things to do with their lives than sit around griping about a video game.   Btw, I still think STO is a fun game for casual players.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

You may think it's fun, but to anyone with a brain they can clearly tell how crappy this game is.

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

of course, its only here that people are not interested in hearing bs about how sto is actually a decent game right?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=178670

oops... even on the official sto forums that doesnt happen. funny how on the official forums someone asks for the "truth" about sto... and it reads about the same as it would here.

must be all those dedicated haters. im sure it has nothing to do with lack of quality.

Originally posted by Sevenwind

I agree with you. Pointless to post in unconstructive posts. People get yelled at with bold misspelled words, then they put in their sig. This thread was like watching a roll call of the opposite of the CDF. Much better read when you let them talk amongst themselves.

Not entirely pointless.... but I would say it is the norm on a site like this.  "Unconstructive" posts/threads happen for tons of games pretty much every day, and there really is nothing one can do to change that.  Pointing out that something is "unconstructive" especially here... is pretty much the equivilent of asking people to come insult you.  

It's all part and parcel. Types like "Mr. I get picked on so I'm taking my ball somewhere else" spew that so they can get the community people on this site, and any others, to essentially do their bidding. Oh no! They're leaving! We need to moderate more and stamp out criticism! We'll say that criticizing is fine, but it needs to be constructive. That way we can make sure that it's not REALLY criticism, and every poster still looks like they are positive about the game!

In truth this stuff has been started by the development companies themselves, and the easily controlled (both fans, and some sites worried about advertising dollars and access for interviews etc) follow happily along and start doing their work for them. It's the latest craze in controlling the customers. The more they can spread their brainwashing mantra, the easier it gets for them to release crap and get away with it.

It's yet another way to erode at the only protection mmo gamers have ever had, word of mouth from fellow mmo gamers.

Originally posted by raistalin69

of course, its only here that people are not interested in hearing bs about how sto is actually a decent game right?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=178670

oops... even on the official sto forums that doesnt happen. funny how on the official forums someone asks for the "truth" about sto... and it reads about the same as it would here.

must be all those dedicated haters. im sure it has nothing to do with lack of quality.

Oh yeah... that must be unconstructive as well... since it also shares a negative viewpoint is some of its posts.... I see.   Its even over on the STO forums!!!!   *Gasp*  OMG people who play the game that post in the STO forums are upset and dissapointed??????  This must be the new form of damage control the CDF decided to use.  Just call anything they dont agree with unconstructive.

We do not care that you find the game enjoyable.  Not at all.  In fact... I would say that a lot of people have no problem whatsoever with the fact that you like the game. 

What starts arguements and flame wars, is dissmissing and critisizing the people that do not like the game and decide to share their opinions without shining praise.  No matter what we say... we are trolls and flamers and make "unconstructive" threads and posts.    See what im trying to say?

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Zap,

For alot of us,its the direction the MMO developers are moving that is making us take a stand.  If games like STO gain subs and are successful it shows the other developers that low content, unpolished games can charge a premium sub AND charge for game altering items with Micros.  Until now, nobody had the nerve to do something this greedy.  Guild Wars was originally designed around a sub but dropped that idea when the feedback during development was against it with the heavy instancing.  Global Agenda was designed around a sub but dropped it due to player feedback.  Cryptic on the other hand actually feels they are making AAA titles worth a premium sub AND micros but the truth is, they should not even be charging a sub fee for the single player game that STO is and next year it WILL go free to play, mark my words.

If we as consumers let developers give us less and less in our games while charging more and more the MMO market will change dramatically and not for the better.  Think back to UO and EQ and even SWG, we got great crafting systems, we could sit down in a chair and we got player housing and could really decorate them.  We dont get that stuff anymore.  Publishers want money and they want it fast.  If you continue to support Cryptics business model you will eventually see it grow and the good games you play like City of Heroes will all be gone in favor of crap like STO.

People argue and say WOW has a sub and micros but WOW didnt start out with micros.  After WOW was a success and clearly beat every other developer out there they added micros. The micros they did add at first were pets to look at and different mounts to ride, nothing game altering like the ships and playable races of STO.  I dont play WOW but I can not argue that it is not a good game.  11 million people play WOW, thats 10.9 million more than STO.  In my opinion Blizzard capitalized on WOW's success by adding some micros while Cryptic was just plain greedy.  Cryptic didnt wait for STO to be successful, they charged on day one to play a char like Worf who was probably the most liked char on TNG.  They charge for ships that have advantages over the ships you can get ingame.  They made HUGE marketing mistakes and alienated the player base in the first month the game launched. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

What Talonsin said . Well spoken and accurate.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by Talonsin

Zap,

If we as consumers let developers give us less and less in our games while charging more and more the MMO market will change dramatically and not for the better.  Think back to UO and EQ and even SWG, we got great crafting systems, we could sit down in a chair and we got player housing and could really decorate them.  We dont get that stuff anymore.  Publishers want money and they want it fast.  If you continue to support Cryptics business model you will eventually see it grow and the good games you play like City of Heroes will all be gone in favor of crap like STO.

So when NCSOFT added packs to their CoH/X way before Cryptic did it with CO/STO it's ok?

http://www.cityofheroes.com/buy_now/products/buy_city_of_heroes.html

Kinda sounds like a double standard. I bought the good vs evil item pack in 2007 long before c-store controversy. No one threw a whine fest as big as they do with the current c-store. So if the cstore now sold crap in packs it would be ok?

You have one poster in this thread who "said" they quit COH because it was turning into Cryptic cstore. Well from my experience it was that LONG before cstore ever came around. They even admitted they bought a few packs because they liked it. It wasn't a NEED in the packs to play COH, no it was pure WANT. Sounds kinda hypocritical to me.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

This discussion has been closed.