Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have to have a key for Open Beta?

2»

Comments

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194

Originally posted by Masta22

Hmm so how will it work? Will they only give out a certain amount of beta keys, and will it be on a first come first served basis?

As what I have gotten from the email they will send an already predetermined amount of beta keys to already selected people.  They will then see if they need more testers later and send more open beta keys as they need.  So if we don't get one today, we keep playing the waiting game until they send it to us.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

The way I think they doing it is after they give out so many keys, they cut off the issuing of keys for a few hours and then resume giving them out... staggering the number of people playing to keep the serevers from exploding.

It may take a while for you to get a key, but at some point you should be able to get one... in time.

Just don't count on getting one tonight because you might not.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

IM very confused about all of this as well.. got a mail from them yesterday regarding something about open beta, which would start today, which is fair enough and all, so I logged in, and the only thing I find is the place to write the key in.. its all very confusing me thinks.. 

The email says that you need to login to get a registration code issued (though it doest say where so I would presume it would be on their account management page) - I tried to both login to the client which then told me that I diddent have the correct service, so I logged into my account on their page where it says I need to register a key I have no idea of where to get from, as there are no links or no specifiec information on how to get it anyway :s..

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

Originally posted by Maggon

IM very confused about all of this as well.. got a mail from them yesterday regarding something about open beta, which would start today, which is fair enough and all, so I logged in, and the only thing I find is the place to write the key in.. its all very confusing me thinks.. 

The email says that you need to login to get a registration code issued (though it doest say where so I would presume it would be on their account management page) - I tried to both login to the client which then told me that I diddent have the correct service, so I logged into my account on their page where it says I need to register a key I have no idea of where to get from, as there are no links or no specifiec information on how to get it anyway :s..

well the issuing of registration keys is disabled until the open beta begins. I presume there will be an option on the account page or something. Well I'm going to play it safe and login at 2am anyway. I want to atleast be one of the first to apply.

You guys need to read these emails with a little bit more attention.   Turn off your  "instant quest" feature.  It's written plainly in the email iteslf:

3.Register the registration code you received by e-mail on the Square Enix Account Management System.
    Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.
  • YusukeYoungYusukeYoung Member UncommonPosts: 57

Its simple, geez, once the time comes up the http://entry.ffxiv.com/ site will be update to let you log-in, once you log and sumit for a beta key, you should get an email with the beta key, ( they state this * Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again. Simply they may control the flow of registrations so not to overload everything but everyone should get a key ) once you have your key, just log into the official web site of square enix that corresponds to your region https://secure.squar...ix.com/account/ and log into your account from there you should be able to activate the game ( basicaly its like you are subcribing for real ) and enter the beta key, than everything should be working.

The way I see it there want to make sure everyone goes this way to test out the registration process.  Would hate to see the darn page get overloaded on release, if this happens now for open beta this should help.

Originally posted by f1seb

You guys need to read these emails with a little bit more attention.   Turn off your  "instant quest" feature.  It's written plainly in the email iteslf:

3.Register the registration code you received by e-mail on the Square Enix Account Management System.
    Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.

please do explain this one then

"2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.

* Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again."   <--- it doesnt really tell where. and im not entirely sure of what time zone we are talking about either. I find their website quite confusing anyway.

Though Masta explained it just fine.. So thank you Masta :)

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

So this is my understanding of the process now.

- Register for an account with Square

- Wait for an e-mail from them with an Open Beta key code (a little wierd for their to be key codes for an open beta which is normally to stress test but whatever ^_^ )

- Go to your account, then services, then enter the key for FFXIV

- Hope the key hasn't been suspended because of too many people registering.

Did I miss anything ?

Oh and converting it from 24 hour to 12 hour from PDT to CST/CDT it's going to be opening up around 7pm CST ?

• savalarsavalar Member Posts: 1

My time zone is EST so I would imagine I would log in to my account around 5pm EST to see if I can get a key.

Originally posted by savalar

My time zone is EST so I would imagine I would log in to my account around 5pm EST to see if I can get a key.

10pm

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

hmm but it  says that  it is 2am uk time, but if it as 10 Est, surely that would make it 3 GMT?  Lol confusing.

• KogaDrakeKogaDrake Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by evianwater

So this is my understanding of the process now.

- Register for an account with Square

yes this is step1

step 2 is to log into http://entry.ffxiv.com/ and register for a beta code.  if they are not suspending the codes at that time go to your next step

- Wait for an e-mail from them with an Open Beta key code (a little wierd for their to be key codes for an open beta which is normally to stress test but whatever ^_^ )

- Go to your account, then services, then enter the key for FFXIV

now you play

- Hope the key hasn't been suspended because of too many people registering.

Did I miss anything ?

Oh and converting it from 24 hour to 12 hour from PDT to CST/CDT it's going to be opening up around 7pm CST ?

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Will Start on Sep. 2! 

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010. 

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT). 

Starting on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will become available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!

Originally posted by xersent

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Will Start on Sep. 2! 

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010. 

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT). 

Starting on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will become available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!

Ah.. well.. I guess there's still afew hours to wait then xD... Then again, they seemed to have pushed it back quite a few times now, so I would't be surprised if they would do it again 

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

I'm so confused with the time zones and the date changes and everything.

- 2 AM GMT = 8pm CST ? (cst is -6:00)

8pm CST is 6PM PDT(or 18 PDT with the 24 hour clock)

So is it.. 19 PDT or 18 PDT ? Sept 1st or 2nd ?