Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What did you think SO FAR?

I really can't judge the game considering I logged on after it had started for 5 minutes, and then the servers were stressed out by 10 minutes in. So by this time I was in the middle of the first quest. Considering that there are obviously several bugs, glitches etc, what did you think of the gameplay? I really couldn't enjoy it because at that time my ISP was fixing some cables in the area and my connection was ridiculously slow, plus my computer could barely handle the game! :(

Comments

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

Originally posted by gobberpooper

I really can't judge the game considering I logged on after it had started for 5 minutes, and then the servers were stressed out by 10 minutes in. So by this time I was in the middle of the first quest. Considering that there are obviously several bugs, glitches etc, what did you think of the gameplay? I really couldn't enjoy it because at that time my ISP was fixing some cables in the area and my connection was ridiculously slow, plus my computer could barely handle the game! :(

Sounds like you were having some issues...That sucks...

Anyway the Stress test was pretty much as expected...Not much time up but when it was up it was pretty much like I remembered (I was in the old closed beta)...The game still looks very nice...It held up well considering what has come out the past 3 years...Overall I'm really looking forward to playing it once again...It's hard to say how much they have to work on at this point because CB has yet to begin...We'll know a lot more then...image

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

Maybe you should get your computer fixed or something. The game has an 2 year old graphics engine. Any current system can run this game.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

There is no spoon

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

They have done a graphics update so it does not look like it did 3 years ago, it looks better.

The only problem I had was no combat sound and I go stuck on the steps in the harbor, which you

can just jump down.

Other then that it was alot like the old beta, I had fun but there are bugs that need to be fixed.

Not sure what they changed after the 2nd reboot but things were moving alot smoother after that

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• gobberpoopergobberpooper Member Posts: 7

right now i can only buy a cheap new graphics card but I'm saving up for a new computer.

I can't tell if some of the bugs were because of my computer or the game, but the biggest one that bothered me was the delay. If I clicked on one of the skills, the skill would work when it should but there was a delay in the animation. I'm assuming it's because of my compy

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

Originally posted by gobberpooper

right now i can only buy a cheap new graphics card but I'm saving up for a new computer.

I can't tell if some of the bugs were because of my computer or the game, but the biggest one that bothered me was the delay. If I clicked on one of the skills, the skill would work when it should but there was a delay in the animation. I'm assuming it's because of my compy

I am running a pretty new computer and I saw some of that until the 2nd reboot of the sever, after that things got alot better but that is why we were there to stress the server. So I would say it could have been lag on the server side.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• SunSwordSunSword Member Posts: 43

Hey everyone, I know how excited you are about the game, but remember, those of you that got in the Resurrection Beta last month or the Stress Test now are under a Non-Disclosure Agreement.  I don't want to have to remove people from the tests, so please be mindful of the agreement (You click through it every time you launch the client!).

FYI - None of the upgraded graphics were in the client for the stress test.  That was the old stuff.(I'm not under NDA ;) )

Anthony Castoro
    EP, Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising
    http://www.godsandheroes.com
    CEO, Heatwave Interactive
    http://www.heatwave.com

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

HEH.  Sunword PKed the forum!

Seriously though.. let's hope Heatwave has the time/funding and skill to complete working on GnH and bring us a great game.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RagnavenRagnaven Member Posts: 483

Actually today was a stress test for the servers, as for the game itself it is still very buggy. If you add stuff to your hot bar then you can lag or even crash the game to desk top. On the whole for a game that is two years old and has not been changed at all the game looks more dated than it should. The animations are clunky, and the gameplay isn't as fun as I remember, but I remember being bored with it back then as well. The concept is a good one, but they really need to put funds into updating the character skins, ui, and animations while also fixing the bugs. Of course that is just my opinion, and I am always sure I can be wrong.

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128

Game is under NDA. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.