Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite Game Music

GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

What is your favorite in-game music?   Can be from MMO, RPG, FPS whatever.   I really love a game with good music than can carry the mood of what is happening in-game wether it be ambient or jamming combat tunes.

Some of mine that I can think of:

RPGs:  I loved the music in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.   The space music in Mass Effect was awesome.  Mass Effect 2 music was good too. I love the music in Club Afterlife. (If I ever make a night club on a space station I'm making it like that one).   Fable 2 ambient music is good.   Two World II might end up being a flop but I like listening to their 2 posted tracks they have.

FPS:  I still love the Battlefield series music.  Especially the opening music when you launch BF2.  Gets me ready pumped to kick some ass ^^

MMOs:  Not as many pop into my head immediately for MMOs. I liked the music for the town of Laksy in Rappelz.   Aion's music was pretty good. I got bored recently and I downloaded the UO: Stygian Abyss trial and I have the opening music stuck in my head.  It just really reminds me of that 80's fantasy style.  Actually for some reason it reminds me of those old Conan movies with Arnold.  Yeah I'm guilty of liking those cheesy movies. Wife can't stand them though.  The Age of Conan music was pretty good too.

Comments

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

Edit: Noobed out on the Poll.  Use this one

• NamkravNamkrav Member Posts: 32

Tetris.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

EverQuest. Best. Music. EVER

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

EVE has a good soundtrack.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Hands down. AoC music. Say what you will about the company or the game. Music was spot on

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

EVE Online and Quake

Those into video game music should check out http://ocremix.org/ if they don't already have it bookmarked.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

My favorites

Ultima Online's Main Theme Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w

Guild Wars 1: Dwarf Theme from Eye of the North Expansion composed by Jeremy Soule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnflSWxyEWI

Guild Wars 2: Main Theme music composed by Jeremy Soule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5HM-nQhG88&feature=related

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

Originally posted by Loktofeit

EVE Online and Quake

Those into video game music should check out http://ocremix.org/ if they don't already have it bookmarked.

:o thanks

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

muting the game and throwing my ipod on shuffle....right now some old-school Morbid Angel is playing m/

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

RPG:

• Fallout 1&2 (awesome)

• Planescape Torment (...)

• Diablo 2, Torchlight (really fits for dungeon crawling)

MMORPG:

• WoW (epic)

• DDO (have some sort of unique sound)

• Runescape (midi awesomenesssssssss)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Guild Wars...  done like a movie score.  Very effective.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

I really enjoyed the sountrack to Final Fantasy 13....it had a variety of different styles and emotions.  WoW's music is classic....EQ2 as well, they did a great job in both.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

It's sad to say it but WOW>*

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

I enjoy in-game music and would consider buying official soundtracks for extra, but only if the music is really good. Some of my favorite games with good music, off the top of my head:

Assassin's Creed 2, especially Ezio's Family, Venice Rooftops, Florence Tarantella, Back in Florence, Back in Venice, Dream of Venice, and Flight Over Venice (1 & 2).

Battlefield 1942 & Battlefield 2 Themes

Rome: Total War and Medieval II: Total War

Mass Effect 2

Assassin's Creed (though not to the extent of its sequel)

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Main Theme)

As for MMOs, I'd say DAoC (especially the main theme), WoW (again, for the main theme and certain tracks I enjoyed in Northrend), LotRO (for the tracks in Bree-land, Evendim, Rivendell, and many other zones), and the Champions Online main theme (unless they've changed it).

Also, don't laugh at me, but I like the original RuneScape theme as well. It made me feel like I was about to go on a magical adventure, which is perfect when you're 12. But the chords and harmonies still make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

• cure01cure01 Member UncommonPosts: 291

MMO

World of Warcraft vanilla

Eve Online 

Everquest 2

Non MMO

Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind

Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion

• EsteedeezEsteedeez Member Posts: 5

I think some of the best game music came from Final Fantasy XI. Each zone had its own music and all of them are soothing and relaxing IMO.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

RPG:

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind - Simply the best. Oblivion was good but Morrowind is the best (Gameplay and music!).

MMO:

Age of Conan

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

MMO's:

1. AoC, Cimmeria region, simply unbeatable  => see here, The Dreaming, Nighttime through the Eiglophian Mountains and Memories of Cimmeria, those 3 still can give me chills when I hear them, they capture perfectly the atmosphere in those harsh, snow filled mountain regions when you journey through them ingame.

The composer's musical themes for the Cimmerian region combined with the angelic voice from Helene Boksle was an ideal mix image

2. Everquest, Kelethin, the theme song of that area still haunts me whenever I hear it, even if it has become outdated after 10 years. I liked it in EQ (Kelethin) and I liked it in EQ2 (Kelethin in EQ2)

3. Guild Wars (very beautiful Pre-Searing Ascalon tribute), World of Warcraft (the majestic Stormwind theme and the ethereal Song of Elune)

As for singleplayer games, ah, too many to sum up, although I recall the songs and musical themes of Final Fantasy games, Baldur's Gate 2 and the Resident Evil series making a strong impression.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• NamkravNamkrav Member Posts: 32

I played UO for 9 years and quit about 4 years ago. I still have that music stuck in my head......... rediculous

• Shooter-90Shooter-90 Member Posts: 100

From all the music I've heard, I think Fallout 3 is the best so far for me. The old 1950's music from Galaxy Radio fits really well especially in some parts like Flamethrower to an enemy while the radio is player "I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire" by The Ink Spots.

FPS-wise, I think the soundtrack from Perfect Dark is pretty good. The spy-ish, ominous music as you play multiplayer is pretty sweet. I tried playing it while playing Splinter Cell and it was great.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Oddly enough my favorite music is from the first 2 Age of Empires games.

That music fit the game so well and really got stuck in my head.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• MuffpojkenMuffpojken Member Posts: 54

MMORPGS: Ultima online, Age of Conan and Anarchy Online.

Otherwise Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

Playing: ARMA 2
    Waiting for: Darkfall: UW
    Played: Ultima Online, Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Planetside, Dark age of Camelot, EQII, WoW, SWG, FFXI and a lot more

• CavallCavall Member Posts: 272

Only one mention of final fantasy music, and its for 13? Well, I guess that makes sense seeing as this is PC gaming... so I'll go with Final Fantasy XI. Haven't seen enough of FFXIV to be 100% sure as of yet, but the music was pretty good in beta.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

AoC and Guild Wars, good stuff.

I enjoyed the Assassins Creed music as well. I'm kind of partial to this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBUiu_m70KQ&feature=related

• mmonoobletmmonooblet Member Posts: 336

ActRaiser, hand's down.  Seriously... for it's time it was amazing, and it still is.   Anyone else remember it?