Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO Store - Full Price List **Updated**

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Lol us liferes got 500 ponts a month, and those toom are by toon not acount.  wow that list has everything covered.  I recon turbine is going to make a killing as folks are going to watn all that stuff, especially the tomes.  So much for advantage items not being in the store.

I wonder what happens to us perfectionist who did all the deeds already, there was a huge debate asking for retroactive points, that never was solved.

Oh well, I wish you guys who stick with it luck.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Originally posted by Demonspirit8

If someone had already paid for MoM and they just use f2p option on there account do they lose access to MoM areas?

Or what if you purchase the client/key after the FTP goes live will you be able to input the key and get the 30 days with the benefit of being a person who has a paid for both the game plus the x-pac?

I hope that makes sense.

You really do know this very well.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by MMOman101

Originally posted by Demonspirit8

If someone had already paid for MoM and they just use f2p option on there account do they lose access to MoM areas?

Or what if you purchase the client/key after the FTP goes live will you be able to input the key and get the 30 days with the benefit of being a person who has a paid for both the game plus the x-pac?

I hope that makes sense.

You really do know this very well.

Yeah you can still buy boxed version to upgrade to MoM...SoM was always only Digital Downlaod.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by erictlewis

Lol us liferes got 500 ponts a month, and those toom are by toon not acount.  wow that list has everything covered.  I recon turbine is going to make a killing as folks are going to watn all that stuff, especially the tomes.  So much for advantage items not being in the store.

I wonder what happens to us perfectionist who did all the deeds already, there was a huge debate asking for retroactive points, that never was solved.

No is 500 per account not toon...otherwise people would buy 10slots to get 5k turbine points a month.

Last question, I promise.

Is it better to buy before the FTP or is there no difference?

Thanks again.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Last question, I promise.

Is it better to buy before the FTP or is there no difference?

Thanks again.

Makes no difference.. :)

Thanks again, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

--John Ruskin

No worries image Hope you have fun in LOTRO...it is a great game

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Not sure what i am going to do.

I am going on a trip with the wife this 3 day weekend; kids going to the grandparents house.....should be very nice.

I have a business trip later in the month.

I am going to be out of pocket this month when it comes to gaming.

I have been thinking of trying to get a group togther for Vanguard.  I noticed that a group of people just came back now though so I am not sure if that will work.  I may be missing the timeline on V:SoH.  Since LOTRO is going FtP that may be the next best option.

I figure i will put a V:SoH post up at the end of the month and find out if anyone wants to put togther a group.  If it flames out I think LOTRO is the next best thing. 

--John Ruskin

Not sure what i am going to do.

I am going on a trip with the wife this 3 day weekend; kids going to the grandparents house.....should be very nice.

I have a business trip later in the month.

I am going to be out of pocket this month when it comes to gaming.

I have been thinking of trying to get a group togther for Vanguard.  I noticed that a group of people just came back now though so I am not sure if that will work.  I may be missing the timeline on V:SoH.  Since LOTRO is going FtP that may be the next best option.

I figure i will put a V:SoH post up at the end of the month and find out if anyone wants to put togther a group.  If it flames out I think LOTRO is the next best thing. 

Yeah they are both great games, I just actually renewed my VG sub today to see how the game is doing after two years...I just started a necro.

The only thing VG suffers from is from a severe lack f population but the people who do play are very nice and welcoming so they make up for the small numbers.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

No is 500 per account not toon...otherwise people would buy 10slots to get 5k turbine points a month.

OK I think you misunderstood what i was trying to get across.

I realize you get 500 tp per account.

What I was trying to say is that if you buy a stat tome the 394 tp one for example, well that's not for the entire account that's for one toon.  So saying that its a bit costly,  

See you get 500 tp per account but the tomes only go per toon, and the price is just crazy, but that's been highly debated already in the lotro forums. I'm just saying 500 a month does nothing when you have those prices in the store.

• I think the store is awesome. You know why? Goldfarmers will hardly touch this game because they can't compete as much anymore unless they hack the game!! :D Awesome.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

OK I think you misunderstood what i was trying to get across.

I realize you get 500 tp per account.

What I was trying to say is that if you buy a stat tome the 394 tp one for example, well that's not for the entire account that's for one toon.  So saying that its a bit costly,  

See you get 500 tp per account but the tomes only go per toon, and the price is just crazy, but that's been highly debated already in the lotro forums. I'm just saying 500 a month does nothing when you have those prices in the store.

It depends. Yes if you buy stat tomes it wouldn't get you far. However if your a lifer like me who doesnt own mirkwood, i can buy it in less than 2 months with what they give me. Im more than fine with having to wait a month or 2 before they give me that expansion i lack for basically free(lifers get 1k points initially + what other VIPs get).

And otherwise 500 TP points amount to 6k points per year, looking at that list they could release 2 expansions a year without me ever having to pay a single $. Since im the patient kind of guy i will probably wait for sales to get stuff, so i would get even more for my points.

Btw according to this 5640 TPs are currently known to be earnable ingame, per character. Maybe that helps to put those storeprices in context.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Xondar123

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Originally posted by sly220

God I hate that they did this to LoTRo.......................... I think yhou get a monthly allowance of points from what i remember

500 points for VIP (sub), 1000 for Lifetimers. Per month.

Holy crap, you can't do anything with that many points per month. It's not even worth it to get a sub.

Well except for the fact that you get all the content in the game with a sub..

500=$5 woth of points.

Sub + 500 points is better value than just buying 1500 points.

also if you buy a bulk month then it is only $10 a month.

What exactly do you get with a sub? And is there for anything special for people who own the game, but just aren't subbed at the moment?

Edit: Nevermind, question long answered.

• nihcenihce Member Posts: 539

IMO this is very retarded move and hopefully other games won't follow the example.Like it was already discussed, to many valuable stuff in the store ... and to expensive. I honestly think life time subs got duped big time with this.

Good thing though is that this is mainly a PvE game and in such it might work, because it is not all about competition.

• Originally posted by nihce

IMO this is very retarded move and hopefully other games won't follow the example.Like it was already discussed, to many valuable stuff in the store ... and to expensive. I honestly think life time subs got duped big time with this.

Good thing though is that this is mainly a PvE game and in such it might work, because it is not all about competition.

lifetime is the best offer you can ever get for a loyal mmo-er for an mmo that doesnt quit. seriously, if there is one mmo that will last it should be LOTRO because it is based on the original book for all MMOs. So I expect it to last at least 5 more years, and hell yeah then I'm getting my money's worth ;).

• nihcenihce Member Posts: 539

Well, the thing with life offer is that normally this means that subscriber who chose it is "set for life" - which means that appart from expansions he is not expecting to pay a dime for the game. BUT when you make a F2P system like that one in LOTR - to stay competitve (ok there is not much to compete for in LOTRO) you need to invest cash even if you paid life sub.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Good Info!

@OP, TY for the post.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • salsabeardsalsabeard Member Posts: 6

free 2 play my %#^

everything cost money. I recently downloaded the game to try when it went f2p and really liked it so yesterday I decided I would buy the game and subsrcibe as I saw they had an adventure pack with the original game and both expansions for $30 at the turbine store the day it went f2p but turbine has pulled all digital sales from thier site and from D2drive also. you can't buy the game anymore and they force you to get the expansions from thier lotro store with turbine pionts which will cost $30 per expansion now plus the vip subsrciption. they basiclly made the game twice as expensive to play before it went "f2p"

very sad very very sad

Originally posted by salsabeard

free 2 play my %#^

everything cost money. I recently downloaded the game to try when it went f2p and really liked it so yesterday I decided I would buy the game and subsrcibe as I saw they had an adventure pack with the original game and both expansions for $30 at the turbine store the day it went f2p but turbine has pulled all digital sales from thier site and from D2drive also. you can't buy the game anymore and they force you to get the expansions from thier lotro store with turbine pionts which will cost $30 per expansion now plus the vip subsrciption. they basiclly made the game twice as expensive to play before it went "f2p"

very sad very very sad

You always had to buy the expansion...

Anyway buy MoM from amazon or something..it is cheaper.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Originally posted by nihce

I honestly think life time subs got duped big time with this.

that is true, there really isn't any "actual" competition. However, lifetime subs did not get screwed over. to put it bluntly, at this point, I wish I had purchased a lifetime sub. To that end, if they offered one now (which they won't) I'd buy it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by nihce

I honestly think life time subs got duped big time with this.

that is true, there really isn't any "actual" competition. However, lifetime subs did not get screwed over. to put it bluntly, at this point, I wish I had purchased a lifetime sub. To that end, if they offered one now (which they won't) I'd buy it.

I would too; I wish I had got it when it was available.

*Updated* 

Check OP

• wmbyrnewmbyrne Member Posts: 35

I'm thought I'd come back and see if there are more people and the F2P model seems really sctechy to me, everything does cost more and they keep pushing pay content "that's old stuff" on you. not happy at all with it.  

• towanitowani Member Posts: 114

I won't lie, I didn't read anything beyond the first page... but the prices seem expensive to me.

LotRO: Meneldor: Riders of the Riddermark