Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Game Ever

nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

SOE should be ashamed for what they've done to the Clone Wars franchise. I can't believe this horrible abomination is going to release. I don't think I'll even be able to play another SOE game...

I had such high hopes for this game, thinking it was going to be an actual MMO with some story. It's just a bunch of cheap ass flash games with a SW:Clone Wars theme. It must have taken them all of 6 months to turn this junk out.

SOE should just stop trying to do any kind of Star Wars. Everything they try just gets turned to shit.

Comments

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

This could just as easily be on the SWG forums, good old SOE, funny really.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

They've said from the start it's a small mini game filled childrens game.

So your complaint is that you didn't do your research?

• nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

Originally posted by rashhero
    They've said from the start it's a small mini game filled childrens game.
    So your complaint is that you didn't do your research?

Mini-games suck, controls suck, a lot of the graphics in the games are sub-par. And they sure don't hesitate to hit you up for money at every turn. Even for what it is, it's terrible... How anyone could think that game is OK is beyond me. It's just another punch in the gut from SOE.

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Games like Club Penguin appeal to little girls, and make lots of cash from their parents. I assumed this was kinda the same type of game, just for little boys instead.

Originally posted by Redline65
    Games like Club Penguin appeal to little girls, and make lots of cash from their parents. I assumed this was kinda the same type of game, just for little boys instead.

"Cash Grab" is what comes to mind with this game ... Just like how SOE is reframing EQ2 and moving more to the f2p market.

It's a damn shame too. I really like the Clone Wars Franchise they've built up with the series on TV. They could have really had a cool game.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Originally posted by Kram59

Originally posted by nerrollus

So don't play it. I tried the game myself a few days ago, knowing exactly what type of game it'd be. Didn't care for it and removed it from my computer. Done and done. Why go and bitch and moan about it though?

Uh, because people like to share their opinions on forums? I mean, that's what they're for right?

I mean, why do you like trolling around telling people how they should post?

Sometimes I wonder if some of these clowns were released on work passes. How dare he critique you for merely giving a heads up of the game? Didn't sound at all like you were going and .ithing about it.

Well,  my 7 year old played it and thought it was great so I guess if you are closer to the age demographic the game is designed for you might actually like it.

Granted, Lego Universe is roughly the same target demographic but is a true MMO and enjoyable by all but I think SOE made a game for youngster, just like those on Nick Jr. and PBS Kids.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by tawess

SOE should be ashamed for what they've done to the Clone Wars franchise. I can't believe this horrible abomination is going to release. I don't think I'll even be able to play another SOE game...

I had such high hopes for this game, thinking it was going to be an actual MMO with some story. It's just a bunch of cheap ass flash games with a SW:Clone Wars theme. It must have taken them all of 6 months to turn this junk out.

SOE should just stop trying to do any kind of Star Wars. Everything they try just gets turned to shit.

So you are angry because the free realms in star wars skin was a free realms in star wars skin... I feel sad for you. It is a kids game aimed at 6-10 year old childern, a interactive replacement for the TV.

I still don't understand why people keep calling it Freem Realms with a star wars skin. Heck Free Realms has more content and gameplay / is more of a MMO then anything SW:CW can ever be. They actually have very little in common if you look at both games.

Where Free Realms has a fairly large open world to explore with other players SW:CW has nothing like that other then a very small limited space station to explore with a fixed side / iso style camera.

As far as the flash games themselfs go. They are also bad compared to Free Realms. Most of them are really nothing more then hammering one or two buttons at specific times.

Originally posted by Thomas2006

So you are angry because the free realms in star wars skin was a free realms in star wars skin... I feel sad for you. It is a kids game aimed at 6-10 year old childern, a interactive replacement for the TV.

I still don't understand why people keep calling it Freem Realms with a star wars skin. Heck Free Realms has more content and gameplay / is more of a MMO then anything SW:CW can ever be. They actually have very little in common if you look at both games.
    Where Free Realms has a fairly large open world to explore with other players SW:CW has nothing like that other then a very small limited space station to explore with a fixed side / iso style camera.
    As far as the flash games themselfs go. They are also bad compared to Free Realms. Most of them are really nothing more then hammering one or two buttons at specific times.

And the whole space station thing seems completely pointless too. You can access all the games from the games button, so there's really no reason to ever even move once you're in game. They seriously could have just put all these games in a browser window as a flash game.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

The game is stupid unless you are like 6 years old. I think that who the target audience is supposed to be.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

Originally posted by sungodra

The game is stupid unless you are like 6 years old. I think that who the target audience is supposed to be.

I don't know if I would call it stupid but you are right about the target age demographic. As i said in a previous post my 7 year old liked it.

OH- btw if you want a preview of a dumbed down version of space combat in SW:TOR then play the star fighter mini game in Clone Wars Adventure. My son showed to me and I could not help but think...up the graphics and make it slightly more involved and you have exactly what was described in the PC Gamer article about SW:TOR space combat.

Originally posted by Thomas2006

I agree, it is NOTHING like Free Realms at all other than they both have mini games. There is no explorable world in Clone Wars Adventures and a huge explorable world in Free Realms which is an MMORPG in the modern sense. Clone Wars Adventures is hardly an MMO.

I will say again though that the game is enjoyable by the target demographics. My 7 year old liked it and it reminds me of the games you see on Nick Jr. and PBS kids that my children play. I think it works for that.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

It's SOE....need I say more?

SOE could have 1000 games, none of them are worth the energy of even thinking about them.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by toddze

God forbid that someone makes a game for a different age group. Where the hell does all this self-entitlement come from that a dev has to cater to "my" every desire.

I do not by any stretch think all games have to be made for my desires. Actually quiet the opposite is true. i play a very large varity of games across the board.

What I do have a problem is when a company attempts to milk there audience base and that is exactly what SWCW is. 

It is a barebone stripped down to nothing FreeRealms with a SW skin. Have you looked at what they are attempting to sell our kids / sell us in the game. Would I pay a monthly fee to gain access to what amounts to a dozen flash based / quality mini games when there are dozens others out there offered for free or at a more reduced price.

I am the first to admit that there are one or two fun / quality mini games in the product but beyound that its nothing more then a RTM item / cash shop.

Should we as parents and gamers stand for less quality just because the game is aimed at our kids?

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by dougmysticey

Originally posted by sungodra

I don't know if I would call it stupid but you are right about the target age demographic. As i said in a previous post my 7 year old liked it.

OH- btw if you want a preview of a dumbed down version of space combat in SW:TOR then play the star fighter mini game in Clone Wars Adventure. My son showed to me and I could not help but think...up the graphics and make it slightly more involved and you have exactly what was described in the PC Gamer article about SW:TOR space combat.

Yeah, cuz that 5-8yr old market is the one with all the big buck$ right?! How many parents would even let their 5-8yr old (K-4th) purchase something via an online store? I wouldn't. They're just learning addition at this age for Gods sake. In that age range, there are a million other better and free games for them to play (addictinggames.com). 12+ is when they can begin making some buying decisions IMO...not at 7.

As far as space goes for SWTOR, it's fine IMO. Not nearly enough people played it in SWG for them to copy that type/complex of system. They need to do something that more people will play and Bioware is VERY "story" driven. I have no doubt space combat will be FUN in SWTOR vs boring as crap in SWG where you never saw anything. I hope more comes of space, but for now, I'm fine with it being incorporated the way it will be.

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

God forbid that someone makes a game for a different age group. Where the hell does all this self-entitlement come from that a dev has to cater to "my" every desire.

Well true but based on the way some people act on these forums you would think they would feel right at home with a game for that age group:)

^ QFT

edit: A cheap F2P game aimed at the children makes this the worst distastful crap ever though. Seriously, there's better game for your kids out there.

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by Nekrataal

Well true but based on the way some people act on these forums you would think they would feel right at home with a game for that age group:)

^ QFT

^^ This

Roflmao

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835

So don't play it. I tried the game myself a few days ago, knowing exactly what type of game it'd be. Didn't care for it and removed it from my computer. Done and done. Why go and bitch and moan about it though?

Uh, because people like to share their opinions on forums? I mean, that's what they're for right?

I mean, why do you like trolling around telling people how they should post?

Sometimes I wonder if some of these clowns were released on work passes. How dare he critique you for merely giving a heads up of the game? Didn't sound at all like you were going and .ithing about it.

Well the original posters opinion is a bit off in my book. They were expecting it to be something they wished for and not what has been advertised all along. That doesn't make a game good or bad. So it doesn't really make his first post all that valid to me.

• saddragon69saddragon69 Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by qotsa

Must agree with you, the op is off, i tried the game to see it but knew what age group they where shooting for 6-12 and didn't like no biggie. it's like me getting mad because i went to a movie about cartoon dragons for children and wanted my money back because i wanted real ones.. they never where shooting for adults .. 

[Mod Edit]

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

All I can say is I agree with most of the above said comments about this game, once again SOE continues to dissapoint the public.  I still can't believe I waisted the spare 599 SC I had in my station wallet to try out the jedi account just to see what the crack was and what the other games was like, only good thing about it was bonus gear items, other than that, its a load of crap.

imageimage

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

^ this also

if you didn't research the game to know it was meant for kids, then sorry but i have no sympathy for you wasting your bandwidth and time on it.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I agree the game is nothing more than a cash grab by Sony,  I have been a subscriber to FreeRealms since it launched and beta tested it before that.  It is a good game, not everyone's cup of tea but a good game none the less.  This game is horrible although I did like the swoop racing game.  All two levels of it I was allowed to play.

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

Why go and bitch and moan about it though?

Good question, so why are you?

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by Gravarg

SOE could have 1000 games, none of them are worth the energy of even thinking about them.

Here is the reason for this post. Its an I hate sony thread. Could have been any soe game. SWCWA just got lucky I guess to be picked as the whipping boy of the day.  Guess I will look elsewhere to see what this game contains.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

Originally posted by Philby

Here is the reason for this post. Its an I hate sony thread. Could have been any soe game. SWCWA just got lucky I guess to be picked as the whipping boy of the day.  Guess I will look elsewhere to see what this game contains.

Dare I point out that the originator of this thread is not the person you quoted?!

SoE burned a buncha bridges with multiple player bases on multiple games, don't blame the people who don't "forgive" or "forget" their past actions - SoE has never made amends with their customer base. That's like Toyota blaming the people who's breaks went out for not buying a Toyota again.

Originally posted by TUX426

Dare I point out that the originator of this thread is not the person you quoted?!

SoE burned a buncha bridges with multiple player bases on multiple games, don't blame the people who don't "forgive" or "forget" their past actions - SoE has never made amends with their customer base. That's like Toyota blaming the people who's breaks went out for not buying a Toyota again.

Nope you do not need to point anything out. Just that the person I quoted said it plainly. Seriously? Supposed adults bitching about a game made for kids?  We both know that any excuse to flame SOE is a good one. Im not a fan of SOE nor a hater but as said, I will look elsewhere for an honest review of this game.  Its impossible to get an honest review of anything SOE on this site.

Yet here you are lurking, posting, ranting and ripping, not only on posters of this site, but the site itself. Perhapse the SOE official Clone Wars Adventures forum might provide the positive feedback you seem to be looking for.