Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda: Be Helpful, Get Flair

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Global Agenda players who are courteous and helpful to new players in chat will have the chance to score some new flair form the dev team monitoring chat channels. The flair is only obtainable this way and cannot be purchased, traded or otherwise gotten in any other way.

The only way to gain this flair is to receive it directly from us in a limited quantity (can't be bought or earned in mission)

How do you get it?

Simple, be helpful to new players. We will monitor chat, forum and missions and look for deserving players.

Read more here and check out the screens!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

lol :x at least they are creative about it!

Dont know if that would improve the chat at all, but at least a try! :->

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Interesting way to try and clean up chat. For the most part chat in GA is a cesspool rivaling the worst trade chat channels in WoW... Ironically having said that, one of the favorite passtimes is trolling the main chat by stating things like, "WoW was the first MMO" or "WoW invented PvP", and watching the ensuing arguments. That plus all the usual chat staples, racial slurs, homophobia, foul language, etc... I can attest to it being virtually impossible for a new player to get help in chat. Indeed they are more likely to get derision and outright flaming for trying. Maybe these incentives along with a little more proactive policing of the chat channels will help clean things up a bit.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• cobaltdemoncobaltdemon Member UncommonPosts: 46

Now what they need is a gag that they can inflict upon all those that violate the chat rules. It needs to be a visable gag that lasts for an hour (of in game time.) That way everyone can see who the violators are.

• MorpgeusMorpgeus Member UncommonPosts: 59

Every one I know has left GA simply because the atmosphere (the first thing I do is turn OFF voice chat - which means I have to rely on our Vent server) is horrific at times. The majority of people are nice - but a large minority is more than compensating for the fun, by being as unpleasant as humanly possible. Nothing kills a game faster than giving every new player the feeling of being outcast. Some people will flame trash and scold others without ever realizing even that there *are* new players. Or any other truth (actually, anything other than their very restricted views on how *other* people should play). All in all, chat is generally pretty bad. It needed moderation from the get-go - and some stiff penalties for repeat offenders (as in: ban).

I still have the game installed. My friends and I will be back when it's fun again. And yes, true enough, we also wait for a bit more content. But mostly for a game where the Help outranks the Flame.

Lucas

* I say, there is no
    * darkness but ignorance.
    -
    * Twelfth-night; or, What You Will

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by cobaltdemon

Now what they need is a gag that they can inflict upon all those that violate the chat rules. It needs to be a visable gag that lasts for an hour (of in game time.) That way everyone can see who the violators are.

LOL! So instead of a paper bag for those who are helpful, spammers and flamers get a piece of duct tape across their kissers? That'd be AWESOME! :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by Morpgeus

Every one I know has left GA simply because the atmosphere (the first thing I do is turn OFF voice chat - which means I have to rely on our Vent server) is horrific at times. The majority of people are nice - but a large minority is more than compensating for the fun, by being as unpleasant as humanly possible. Nothing kills a game faster than giving every new player the feeling of being outcast. Some people will flame trash and scold others without ever realizing even that there *are* new players. Or any other truth (actually, anything other than their very restricted views on how *other* people should play). All in all, chat is generally pretty bad. It needed moderation from the get-go - and some stiff penalties for repeat offenders (as in: ban).

I still have the game installed. My friends and I will be back when it's fun again. And yes, true enough, we also wait for a bit more content. But mostly for a game where the Help outranks the Flame.

Lucas

Thats kind of silly. Know what I do to avoid the spam of the city chats? I turn off city chats.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• MorpgeusMorpgeus Member UncommonPosts: 59

I turned off Voice Chat because of the 'bad apples' (and their relentless egotistic rants). Guess what it leaves me? A game without voice chat, and a game that really *profits* from it because anyone who plays GA knows time is of the essence. In *all* missions that I have seen.

I can turn off City Chat. Guess what that leaves me? A game without city chat, which is really where most new players ask their questions.

'Turning off'' a feature does not appear to be the most ideal of solutions to me. Granted, it may be the only one left to us at this stage. But I have decent confidence in the GA team: I think they *care* about their title. So I will check in now and then, try to keep informed, and hope they can turn this around. I for one am *always* willing to help. It is half the game fun for me.

Lucas aka Calibre

* I say, there is no
    * darkness but ignorance.
    -
    * Twelfth-night; or, What You Will

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 304

Best idea ever to clean up the chat? i think so ;)

90% of haters are begging for love. 10% just want a little attention -- Paulo Coelho

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

I am more for punishing the bad apples, rather than rewarding the good ones (bad apples are about 20 to 1 vs good apples) but like it was said above, atleast they are doing something. Nothing more annoying then logging in to a dome and seeing someone in chat in all caps that scream that they are male and horny and desire thick man meat, just knowing its some adolescent or imature adult snicker/chuckling behind thier keyboard.

Dont even get me started on the voice chat in some merc missions. But i still play from time to time for the mechanics and general fun of the game.

Work hard Play Harder

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Got the game but was lost in chat, hope this fixes it I would really enjoy going back and engaging in informative info besides, "you are a noob and need to ask Chuck Norris" remarks. BTW, whats with Chuck and GA?

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

Here's the original dev post.

http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=23444&hilit=+flair

They also cracked down on people spamming/being rude in chat with small 1hr bans.