Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's College Football time again

124»

Comments

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

Originally posted by Teala

It will not matter how well BSU or TCU plays....neither will see the NCG...ever.    Why?  Because they are non-BCS schools and we can't have non-BCS schools playing for the big money! 

You can't play for big money if you don't bring in big money.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248
  • heyokheyok Member Posts: 9

It's so easy to win at Boise. Just ask Dan Hawkins.

There is nothing better than watching Ohio State destroy Michigan year after year. Well, except being able to get laid while watching the game. I have a wonderful life!

Originally posted by seabass2003

There is nothing better than watching Ohio State destroy Michigan year after year. Well, except being able to get laid while watching the game. I have a wonderful life!

Hopefully mine will come to pass as well when Oregon takes home number one! Gotta get passed Oregon State. Did you see the Nevada and Boise State game? Holy heck that was a good game. I was hoping that Boise would only win to beat you all in the rose bowl =) Looks like it might be stanford!

Originally posted by Eronakis

Hopefully mine will come to pass as well when Oregon takes home number one! Gotta get passed Oregon State. Did you see the Nevada and Boise State game? Holy heck that was a good game. I was hoping that Boise would only win to beat you all in the rose bowl =) Looks like it might be stanford!

Ohio State won't be in the Rose Bowl. It will be Wisconsin and TCU most likely. Unless Oregon fucks up royaly.

Ohio State won't be in the Rose Bowl. It will be Wisconsin and TCU most likely. Unless Oregon fucks up royaly.

Lets hope not. What bowl and who do you all think you guys will play?

Lets hope not. What bowl and who do you all think you guys will play?

As of now most people are pointing to the Sugar Bowl. If Auburn loses we play South Carolina, if Auburn wins we play Arkansas.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

I can't believe we might get stuck with Uconn in the Fiesta bowl, such bullshit to get that. Beating Uconn would not bring any respect as they will point to them no having a rank which they don't. Yet the Big East champs get a BCS game no matter what. All these great teams floating around out there Ohio State, TCU, Michgan State and we get stuck with Uconn.(its what everyone is projecting and idk why we get stuck with them)

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Originally posted by Arndur

I can't believe we might get stuck with Uconn in the Fiesta bowl, such bullshit to get that. Beating Uconn would not bring any respect as they will point to them no having a rank which they don't. Yet the Big East champs get a BCS game no matter what. All these great teams floating around out there Ohio State, TCU, Michgan State and we get stuck with Uconn.(its what everyone is projecting and idk why we get stuck with them)

Don't you have to beat Nebraska first?

1 Were playing great and Nebraska is suffering some injuries.

2 ESPN who goes out of their way to put down OU has us projected for the Fiesta Bowl.

3 Either way I'm gonna be at Jerry World for the game WOOT.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.

1 Were playing great and Nebraska is suffering some injuries.

2 ESPN who goes out of their way to put down OU has us projected for the Fiesta Bowl.

3 Either way I'm gonna be at Jerry World for the game WOOT.

I was just making sure I wasn't missing something.

BOOMER SOONER

What a freaking game, I don't know if I will ever be at a game in person again that exciting. What a great send off for nebraska.

For all the haters, that said Oregon had no chance. Oh yes they did! THEY MADE IT! OH YES. For the record, Oregon and Auburn is going to be an epic game. I'd say probably in the realm of the Texas and USC game with Vince Young back in 05.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Ahh Don't we all love the politics of the BCS.. 

I'm so sick and tired of AQ conferences getting their slice, and everyone else gets shafted..  UConn gets a sure bid as the AQ conference rep with a 8-4 record earning them $13 MILLION to be used for scholarships and whatnots, while schools like Michigan State 11-1 (ranked #8) and Boise State 11-1 (ranked #11) let alone the other countless teams ahead of UConn get stuck with bowl bids that pay out less then 1 million.. UConn isn't even ranked in the top 25 on the BCS chart, but they get an auto bid for 13 million.. UNBELIEVABLE..

It's time to have a December Madness playoff.. 5 week playoff starting the first part of Dec and ending 1st week of Jan.. which will include 32 teams..  I would suggest each conference, even the WAC and MAC get to send their conference champion to the playoffs automatically.. That is 11.. the other 21 teams will be the highest ranked BCS teams that are not given an automatic invite.. 

IMO.. This would be better then our current bowl system.. Who watches the bowl games like the "R&L Carriers Bowl" anyways?  family and friends only I bet..  Humanitarian Bowl is going to be a joke.. Boise State vs Ohio?  Seriously?  grrrrrr. With a 5 week playoff.. EVERY game matters.. Win or go home..  Now I have reason to watch all the Dec games, not just the BCS bowl games at New Years..

• FlubbsFlubbs Member Posts: 50

i think the Big East should get their AQ big pulled anyway, that whole conference is a joke as a football conference

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Today is a dark day if you are a Buckeye fan.

Five players suspended for 5 games next season

Originally posted by Zindaihas

Today is a dark day if you are a Buckeye fan.

Five players suspended for 5 games next season

Don't fret, it will be shortened to 2 games tops otherwise those players are turning pro right now and will skip their suspensions altogether.

Wow, most of this year's bowl games have been lame.  Good argument for a college football playoff if you ask me.

Here's a great article about Pryor by Dan Wetzel.  I think this guy is one of the best sports writers out there.

Wow, most of this year's bowl games have been lame.  Good argument for a college football playoff if you ask me.

Here's a great article about Pryor by Dan Wetzel.  I think this guy is one of the best sports writers out there.

Yeah I was talking about how lame the bowl season has been so far on BleacherReport. I think we came to the consensus that only about 5 or 6 games were competitive for the whole 60 minutes. Go Bucks.

I think the best way to have a playoff would be to have the 6 BCS Conference Champions and the Top 2 non-AQ teams and use that as a playoff. Meanwhile all the other teams can go to the bowl games. So many people think you need to get rid of the bowls if you go with a playoff system but that simply isn't true. Also, a playoff with a bowl system would generate approximately 3x the amount of money being generated by CFB right now. So they can't argue against that. Also the regular season would be just as important as before but allow teams to schedule better OOC competition knowing they only have to win their conference. We could have great games all season long.

Well it turned out to be closer than I had hoped, but a win's a win.  The drought against the SEC is finally over.

Well it turned out to be closer than I had hoped, but a win's a win.  The drought against the SEC is finally over.

Hell's to the yeah!!!