Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acolytes interviewed by GRE

RedruumRedruum Aurora, ILPosts: 299Member Uncommon

Community Spotlight: The Acolytes

The term, or simply the active definition of ‘Community’ seems to become evermore ambivalent with each passing year in the Internet age, as it skirts the fringe of a time where human interaction can be solely played out through the terminal of a computer. It may sound as if I share the dystopic notion that all reality will collapse if enough people become detached from normal society in favor of a digital life, but instead I think the online generation will foster a new sense of true global community that will ultimately have far reaching effects into our daily lives. Although it may sound tawdry now, the basis for this future seems to become more defined each and every day with the forming of guilds, clans, and forums throughout the internet – Once such guild, The Acolytes, is going a long way to show that being in a guild, or more accurately a community, is much more then not having to type LFG. Recently, I was able to catch up with guild founder, John, for a little chat about guilds, and community.

Come to our site for the rest of the interview