Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class combo am i?

drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

Hey yall, need a game to play during college and i decided to go with GW since its got no subscription (College kid + paying for my own college = broke). I kinda have an acute case of ADD mixed with OCD and i really cant decide what class to play for myself, so i thought id ask people who actually know the classes. 

This is what i like in a toon, so if anyone could, please try and match this to what i should play

- I play PVP

- I like a mix of Melee and ranged, i mostly perfer melee.

- Must be a primary dps, i dont like to main heal or main tank. I LOVE HYBRIDS

- A well balanced toon, im not a big fan of "stacking strength" if you know what i mean. Id like a toon who can deal some nice damage, but also have good def or be able to heal and not die fast.

- When i PvP, i mostly go solo, but thus being GW, id like to be helpful with a group also.

- Im not a huge fan of the "cookie cutter" builds, but... If it either means owning, i will do it anyway.

This might be to much to ask, but please, what class combo do YOU think will fit me the best, and why?

Comments

• Dev_NightsDev_Nights Member Posts: 67

I'm not really good at the pvp build side of things, and I also dont usually play melee, but I can give some advice. When you say pvp though, what type of pvp do you mean? RA? HA? FA? Each arena has its own play style.

Anyway, if you like a melee/ranged hybrid try going R/A or A/? (Assassins are generally good at hybrid spikes if I can remember correctly).

If you want some build check out these two sites and find something you like. http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Meta_working_PvP_builds and http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Great_working_PvP_builds . These sites give you builds, usage and armor/weapon things you want. I highly recomend you use these if looking for something to play as.

• OmgZombiesOmgZombies Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by drazzah

Hey yall, need a game to play during college and i decided to go with GW since its got no subscription (College kid + paying for my own college = broke). I kinda have an acute case of ADD mixed with OCD and i really cant decide what class to play for myself, so i thought id ask people who actually know the classes. 

This is what i like in a toon, so if anyone could, please try and match this to what i should play

- I play PVP

- I like a mix of Melee and ranged, i mostly perfer melee.

- Must be a primary dps, i dont like to main heal or main tank. I LOVE HYBRIDS

- A well balanced toon, im not a big fan of "stacking strength" if you know what i mean. Id like a toon who can deal some nice damage, but also have good def or be able to heal and not die fast.

- When i PvP, i mostly go solo, but thus being GW, id like to be helpful with a group also.

- Im not a huge fan of the "cookie cutter" builds, but... If it either means owning, i will do it anyway.

This might be to much to ask, but please, what class combo do YOU think will fit me the best, and why?

Sounds like an assassin to me.

Sins are high DPS, and can do pretty much everything else except for healing others.  They're great at tanking, solo farming, killing through knock-down spikes & AoE spam and get a lot of fun skills.  Not to mention their crit strike attribute is amazing damage + near infinite energy and lets them have a lot of fun gimmick builds.

The other choice would be dervish, but if you're not casual you may want to pick sin instead, as dervs aren't as useful to end-game group stuff as sins.  Not as many gimmick builds with dervs.

Sins aren't necessary in GvG but still see some play, dervish are pretty useless in good teams from what I've seen.

Other than that, I'd just say axe/hammer/scythe warrior or a scythe/dagger ranger.  Scythe/dagger warriors and rangers are just gimmick builds but do enough for general pve and some pvp.

Hope I explained enough and remembered everything.