Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Started

DarkholmeDarkholme Member Posts: 1,206 Uncommon

Surprise! Go on and try it out. The kids are going to eat this game up...

http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/

-------------------------
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Comments

  • KatillaKatilla Nashua, NHMember Posts: 740 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Darkholme

    Surprise! Go on and try it out. The kids are going to eat this game up...
    http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/

     i wonder how this game will fare when TOR comes out....

  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Millersburg, INMember Posts: 1,000 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Katilla


    Originally posted by Darkholme


    Surprise! Go on and try it out. The kids are going to eat this game up...
    http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/

     i wonder how this game will fare when TOR comes out....

    Two entirely different games that have NOTHING in common other then a Star Wars wrapper on them.

  • GinazGinaz Calgary, ABMember Posts: 1,847 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Thomas2006


    Originally posted by Katilla



    Originally posted by Darkholme


    Surprise! Go on and try it out. The kids are going to eat this game up...
    http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/

     i wonder how this game will fare when TOR comes out....

    Two entirely different games that have NOTHING in common other then a Star Wars wrapper on them.

    Pretty much.  Clone Wars is esentially free realms with a Sar Wars skin.  I tried it out today for a bit.  The tower defence game isn't too bad and the speeder racing is kind of fun.  Other than that, there really isn't much for the more serious, adult mmo player.  It could be fun to play with your kids, though, and young kids will like this game.

    image

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

  • DarkholmeDarkholme Member Posts: 1,206 Uncommon

    I can tell you without a doubt that the same age bracket that FR is designed for is going to eat this game up. I let my two nephews play (8 and 6) it this afternoon and they went freaking apes#$% for it... big mistake on my part lol. Now it's going to be non-stop "Let's go visit uncle!" and "Can we play Clone Wars?!?!"  My brother needs to get a computer. 8)

    -------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

  • ronnabronnab Durham, NHMember Posts: 28 Uncommon

    Well, I'm having fun with it.  It's basically a bunch of min-games at this point.  My 10 year old son is finding it fun too.

     

    Thanks Darkholme for letting us know it's open! 

  • KatillaKatilla Nashua, NHMember Posts: 740 Uncommon

    ah i see....well free realms was a bit crappy to begin with.. and it's an SOE game so i'm not going near it....but i guess the kids need something to do after all.....

  • FlamestalkerFlamestalker Monroe, WAMember Posts: 12

    Wow. This game is based off the TV show, right? So in other words SOE spent a couple hours making a child's game and called it an MMO?

    If SWTOR doesn't redeem the IP, well I just don't know...SW and video games have yet to be a good idea.

  • kikinchazkikinchaz UKMember Posts: 561

    Anyone else getting the error: 'Game Error G3' - There's a problem with your video card. You may want to upgrade the drivers.

    No problems launching Free Realms or anything, drivers are latest Nvidia ones.

    image

  • sungodrasungodra San Francisco, CAMember Posts: 1,376

    It was completely boring and it is not a real MMO.   IT's a chat room with a bunch of garbage minigames that have nothing to do with the tv show. I sure as hell hope this thing is completely off my harddrive. 

     

    Yea, a 5-10 year old kid might enjoy it, but it is not for people that want a real game.

    image


    "When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

  • virancevirance New Egypt, NJMember Posts: 7

    Originally posted by Flamestalker

    Wow. This game is based off the TV show, right? So in other words SOE spent a couple hours making a child's game and called it an MMO?
    If SWTOR doesn't redeem the IP, well I just don't know...SW and video games have yet to be a good idea.

    What are you smoking? SW and MMO's maybe, but KoTOR I & II? The entire Jedi Knight series? The SW racer game was pretty damn good too, not to mention the SNES games - the battlefield games - the X-Wing games... 

    If anything, I think SW as a franchise has better games than movies to be honest. 

  • dethgardethgar Greeneville, TNMember Posts: 293

    Originally posted by kikinchaz

    Anyone else getting the error: 'Game Error G3' - There's a problem with your video card. You may want to upgrade the drivers.
    No problems launching Free Realms or anything, drivers are latest Nvidia ones.

    I get this too, but im on an ati card. It's up to date. Their forums aren't responding to my login either.

  • GinazGinaz Calgary, ABMember Posts: 1,847 Uncommon

    Originally posted by sungodra

    It was completely boring and it is not a real MMO.   IT's a chat room with a bunch of garbage minigames that have nothing to do with the tv show. I sure as hell hope this thing is completely off my harddrive. 
     
    Yea, a 5-10 year old kid might enjoy it, but it is not for people that want a real game.

    It wasn't meant for people like us.  It was made for kids and parents that want to play games with their kids.

    image

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

  • godzilr1godzilr1 scottsdale, AZMember Posts: 550 Uncommon

    i dorked around with the mini games for about 30min.  standard fair i guess, had a facebook vibe, something to jump in do for 5 min and get out.   I gotta be honest though, the amount of "gimme your money" and how in your face it was, was  just disgusting.

Sign In or Register to comment.