Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: RvR Pack Announced

2»

Comments

• ZumgulgarZumgulgar Member Posts: 15

So much for new expansions and a third faction with new playable races that will help define Warhammer Fantasy's rich lore of endless chaos and conflict.

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Philby

I hope they can do something to get the population back. I really like the game but PVE was pretty lonely and crafting just plain sucks. I enjoyed the PVP but my focus is PVE and after T 1 things were pretty slow.  But when public quests do happen they are fun.

Play on badlands or gorfang.  There is no lack of population.  If you're looking for another wow this isn't your game.

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by Sauronas

Originally posted by Philby

I hope they can do something to get the population back. I really like the game but PVE was pretty lonely and crafting just plain sucks. I enjoyed the PVP but my focus is PVE and after T 1 things were pretty slow.  But when public quests do happen they are fun.

Play on badlands or gorfang.  There is no lack of population.  If you're looking for another wow this isn't your game.

Where did that come from? I played the game for a few months and know what the game is.  I like the PVE aspect of the game and crafting so now im looking for WOW? Not everyone who doesnt think War is up to snuff is a WOW fanboy.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Zumgulgar

So much for new expansions and a third faction with new playable races that will help define Warhammer Fantasy's rich lore of endless chaos and conflict.

2 factions defines it just fine, considering very rarely will you EVER have a 3 way battle in warhammer, but apparently no one gets that.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Originally posted by Yamota

Third faction is the only thing that will revive this game...

I see lots of people making this comment, and whilst I agree that initially a third faction might have been a great idea, I wonder how feasible it would be to try to add another faction at this this stage?  I'm not a games developer, nor do I know that much about programming, but I imagine it would be quite a task?

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by Zumgulgar

2 factions defines it just fine, considering very rarely will you EVER have a 3 way battle in warhammer, but apparently no one gets that.

What people "get" but apparently not you is that 3 faction PvP is alot more dynamic and fun than 2 faction PvP. DAoC is an excellent example of that.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by jayarte

I see lots of people making this comment, and whilst I agree that initially a third faction might have been a great idea, I wonder how feasible it would be to try to add another faction at this this stage?  I'm not a games developer, nor do I know that much about programming, but I imagine it would be quite a task?

I am sure it will be but right now WAR is stale and boring. One side does city siege or the other side, back and forth like volleyball. Really no dynamic aspect to it and many people has said that the reason they left is because end game sucks, 2 factions has probably alot to do with that.

However doubt Mythic will do much about it. This game will live a fading existence and eventually join games like EQ 2 with a husk of playerbase. Meanwhile games like WoW (obviously) but also Aion, Eve and to some extent AoC are steaming on. Releasing massive expansions and additions.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Nothing will revive this game....

Oh and an RvR pack for an RvR game, seriously?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Hrm... Well, so they are learning from the F2P games how to better package content and sell it bit by bit and STILL charge a Sub?

Thatis one game I am not going back to I am sorry. F2P games pack their content and let people choose how to customize their own experience because the core game is FREE.

The people must really think that their player base is made up of Dump automatons or something similar accepting whetever is thrown at them.

STO is a huge Joke with their Store Content gimmic too, it discusts me, actually.

*shakes head and move on*

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • emperorvlemperorvl Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by jayarte

Cut n paste code, introduce some new colors and then for the story they could...

#include <massiverandom_jibberish_storyline.h>

$storyline = srand(1304505)

"printf  ("and the following race came about by: " %storyline) ;

there's your story line. 

Sorry for syntax errors been a while.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The article say nothing if they finally plan to remake the crappy endgame or not. Just adding more renown levels wont help at all, that just adds more grind.

The endgame should be Mythics top priority since many players max out, play a little more and then quit. Skavens are cool of course but the game needs more DaoC styled RvR and that should really be the main focus now.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by jayarte.

Just have the greenskin break the alliance they have with Chaos, it is against the lore anyways, they might work together a shorter period if both sides think they can win most of it but they would never be such buddies in the real Warhammer as they are in the game.

You would have to add a greenskin city but that would be the hard part, the rest is pretty easy. Skavens are coming anyways, add them to Chaos and get some troll or something for the greenskins.