Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wouldn't bother with this game.....

Now that I've said that, let me state reason....

Multiple crashes.  Its not uncommon for players to have critical errors and crash to desktop multiple times per hour.  Lately enitre ZONES have been crashing.  Ravenfell on one server was down for 2 days before it was SLOWLY brought back up.  During this time, you couldn't buy potions you NEEDED to run higher level instances.  You couldn't get into an instance that was REQUIRED to gain one of your level 50/50 elite skill drops.  You couldn't port thru this zone on your way to other higher level zones, meaning you had to spend 5+ minutes running across a zone that was completely broken.

Lag.  Even in zones that have been around for almost 2 years now, you still get lag.  Sometimes its so bad your FPS will drop to 0 and you have to shut down the process to close the game.  Before people start saying "your comp sucks" whatever.  I bought my computer in the past year specifically for gaming.  Runes of Magic is the ONLY game I can't run on high graphics settings.  Yet games with much better graphics I can run just fine with no hiccups what so ever.

Changes to the combat engine only DAYS before the games initial release.   As of their last two patches they made fundamental changes to the game system yet again.  This time they implemented a % + base mana cost to EVERY mana using class.  AFTER a major uproar from the players, did Runewaker revert back to a base mp cost for mana skills.  Their response was basically  "We did it to make future content harder".  Refer to http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=47068 for the official statement.  There have been multiple uproars and fundamental changes to this game.   Anyone who's played remembers the accessory nerf, the durability fiasco, the scout destruction patch of 1816.  Lets also not forget about the healing bonuses given to staves well AFTER most people had run the content and tiered the weapons only to get shafted by the change.  Runewaker / Frogster claim they test content before its released, yet players find stuff in EVERY patch that NO ONE knew about.  Patches in this game, as a rule, will break something EVERYTIME.  Generally its quests that can't be completed, instances that are broken, zones that are broken (Cyclops stronghold was down for OVER A MONTH) at one point.  The GM's didn't even know it was down.

Removal of diamonds from the auction house "to protect players".  This was done supposedly to keep gold sellers from buying diamonds with stolen cc's and posting them for sale in auction house.  NOW, they have bots who are offering to gift cash shop items (the only way for free players to get cash shop items now) for very cheap gold prices.  These diamonds were, guess what, bought with stolen credit cards.   With the lastest patches they have removed the ability to mail (or cod) gold to anyone else (yes including you're own accounts).  This was done because this is how the gold spammers were moving gold around.  Refer here http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?p=319180#post319180.

Customer support.  NON EXSISTANT.  You send a ticket in and "closed, thank you" is the general response you get.  Most times (probably around 95+% of the time) you will not get your problem resolved.  Just look around on the forums, you'll see the multitude of issues that players need remedied and never get.

They ONLY way to make gold in this game is to farm, farm, farm.... since the implementation of the Momento system and easier drop in the higher level instances the in game economy has tanked.  Now you can't sell most anything... so the only way to make gold is to buy diamonds (with real cash) and sell those OR farm trash mobs and sell the crappy drops you get from there.

The devs for this game don't care about the playerbase.  They are out to make as much money as possible with as little effort as possible.  A prime example of this https://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=263638 (yes I know its the euro servers, but still proves my point.)

Nothing done about griefing.  I myself have reported a person numerous times for griefing on one of the PvE servers.  This person breaks multiple parts of the EULA and is STILL playing the game.  Yet, when someone posts something negative on the forums or says something in game the GM's don't like, bam.... perma ban.

Play this game at your own risk, but let me warn you.... anything you do now, WILL get nerfed at some point in this game to "balance" everything.  That's the excuse the dev's use to nerf or break something in this game.  I don't care that they call it free 2 play.  It may be, but if you want to experience anything beyond level 52-55 you NEED to spend real life money (or know someone that does).  Content is built around the elite 5% of the end gamers.  Don't be surprised when new content is clear THE FIRST DAY of release.  It usually is and the devs have nothing to say about it except that players have caused content to be to easy by using the system the DEVS implemented.

Before anyone claims I'm just a disgruntled player.  I played since just after open beta started.  I've seen most of the major changes.  This latest nerf was too much for me to keep playing and spending my money on.  The game had alot of potential but that all went away when Runewaker and Frogster saw the kind of money they could make.  Its all gone downhill since.

Comments

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I'm surprised that you stuck it out this long, I had had a guts full of their Pyramid scheme gear system by the time chapter 2 released, once you hit 50 you are squeezed for money over & over & over until you can't stomach any more.

Only those spending a fortune are really catered to since the gear system requires somuch cash invested & items farmed just to reach the next instance where you need to replace all your gear once again to beat it & tackle the next.

It's a treadmill of epic milking, it make's WoW's gear treadmill look like a short walk in the park on a sunny day, compared to RoM's uphill hike walking backwards in the snow sliding your credit card over each turnstile that are placed every 50 metres to progress up the steep mountainside.

• JimibJimib Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by avgwhtguy069

Now that I've said that, let me state reason....

Multiple crashes.  Its not uncommon for players to have critical errors and crash to desktop multiple times per hour.  Lately enitre ZONES have been crashing.  Ravenfell on one server was down for 2 days before it was SLOWLY brought back up.  During this time, you couldn't buy potions you NEEDED to run higher level instances.  You couldn't get into an instance that was REQUIRED to gain one of your level 50/50 elite skill drops.  You couldn't port thru this zone on your way to other higher level zones, meaning you had to spend 5+ minutes running across a zone that was completely broken.

Lag.  Even in zones that have been around for almost 2 years now, you still get lag.  Sometimes its so bad your FPS will drop to 0 and you have to shut down the process to close the game.  Before people start saying "your comp sucks" whatever.  I bought my computer in the past year specifically for gaming.  Runes of Magic is the ONLY game I can't run on high graphics settings.  Yet games with much better graphics I can run just fine with no hiccups what so ever.

Changes to the combat engine only DAYS before the games initial release.   As of their last two patches they made fundamental changes to the game system yet again.  This time they implemented a % + base mana cost to EVERY mana using class.  AFTER a major uproar from the players, did Runewaker revert back to a base mp cost for mana skills.  Their response was basically  "We did it to make future content harder".  Refer to http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=47068 for the official statement.  There have been multiple uproars and fundamental changes to this game.   Anyone who's played remembers the accessory nerf, the durability fiasco, the scout destruction patch of 1816.  Lets also not forget about the healing bonuses given to staves well AFTER most people had run the content and tiered the weapons only to get shafted by the change.  Runewaker / Frogster claim they test content before its released, yet players find stuff in EVERY patch that NO ONE knew about.  Patches in this game, as a rule, will break something EVERYTIME.  Generally its quests that can't be completed, instances that are broken, zones that are broken (Cyclops stronghold was down for OVER A MONTH) at one point.  The GM's didn't even know it was down.

Removal of diamonds from the auction house "to protect players".  This was done supposedly to keep gold sellers from buying diamonds with stolen cc's and posting them for sale in auction house.  NOW, they have bots who are offering to gift cash shop items (the only way for free players to get cash shop items now) for very cheap gold prices.  These diamonds were, guess what, bought with stolen credit cards.   With the lastest patches they have removed the ability to mail (or cod) gold to anyone else (yes including you're own accounts).  This was done because this is how the gold spammers were moving gold around.  Refer here http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?p=319180#post319180.

Customer support.  NON EXSISTANT.  You send a ticket in and "closed, thank you" is the general response you get.  Most times (probably around 95+% of the time) you will not get your problem resolved.  Just look around on the forums, you'll see the multitude of issues that players need remedied and never get.

They ONLY way to make gold in this game is to farm, farm, farm.... since the implementation of the Momento system and easier drop in the higher level instances the in game economy has tanked.  Now you can't sell most anything... so the only way to make gold is to buy diamonds (with real cash) and sell those OR farm trash mobs and sell the crappy drops you get from there.

The devs for this game don't care about the playerbase.  They are out to make as much money as possible with as little effort as possible.  A prime example of this https://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=263638 (yes I know its the euro servers, but still proves my point.)

Nothing done about griefing.  I myself have reported a person numerous times for griefing on one of the PvE servers.  This person breaks multiple parts of the EULA and is STILL playing the game.  Yet, when someone posts something negative on the forums or says something in game the GM's don't like, bam.... perma ban.

Play this game at your own risk, but let me warn you.... anything you do now, WILL get nerfed at some point in this game to "balance" everything.  That's the excuse the dev's use to nerf or break something in this game.  I don't care that they call it free 2 play.  It may be, but if you want to experience anything beyond level 52-55 you NEED to spend real life money (or know someone that does).  Content is built around the elite 5% of the end gamers.  Don't be surprised when new content is clear THE FIRST DAY of release.  It usually is and the devs have nothing to say about it except that players have caused content to be to easy by using the system the DEVS implemented.

Before anyone claims I'm just a disgruntled player.  I played since just after open beta started.  I've seen most of the major changes.  This latest nerf was too much for me to keep playing and spending my money on.  The game had alot of potential but that all went away when Runewaker and Frogster saw the kind of money they could make.  Its all gone downhill since.

+100

Damn right I am a disgrunteleted player!!!!! I am a mage one level from max level, with 2 other toons plus 50, bought tons of their diamonds, and when I bitch at their incompetence, ei crashes and bugs, they ban me!!!!!!!