Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Jeff Hickman GenCon Diary: Days 2 & 3

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,584MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Mythic's Jeff Hickman was on hand at this year's GenCon in Indianapolis, Indiana. During his time there, Jeff had the chance to spend time with some big names in fantasy literature: Ed Greenwood, RA Salvatore, Larry Elmore and Margeret Weis. Jeff also gives some final thoughts about GenCon and the value it has to gamers and fantasy fans around the world.

GenCon is full of everything RPG and gaming related that you can possibly imagine. Rooms full of games, new and old. People playing, people buying and selling and people just hanging out and enjoying the experience. Go to have a good time, everyone else is.

Read Jeff Hickman's GenCon: Days 2 & 3.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• kazamxkazamx manchester, ALPosts: 165Member

I hope you didn't pay Jeff for these articles.

He covered 2 days at the con and didn't really tell us anything at all about what it was like. He met 3 guys, told us nothing about what happened when he met them.

Just not sure what this was meant to do. I went to a restaurant last night, I met 3 people I like and some other stuff happened. Hey I can write like Jeff.

• SilverelSilverel clinton twp., MIPosts: 23Member

Yeah... Great journal entries. Were you writing these on a napkin you picked up from the bar?

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Denton, TXPosts: 3,138Member

I know what you mean about Mr. Elmore. I have individualized prints of the covers of the original Chronicles Trilogy that he was kind enough to sign for me in 2004. As I waited at the table (Mr. Elmore was engrossed in work) one of his assistants went to interrupt him on my behalf. I stopped them cold and told them gettting to see him work was more than I had hoped for and that they were not to interrupt him for me.

As for Weis and Hickman...I can say nothing more than these two shaped my view of fantasy with Chronicles. I got to meet both of them in 2004 as well (all of this was at DragonCon in Atlanta) and man, those are two great people. Tracy has a heckova singing voice too!

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Kickstarter 2 / Naysayers 0

• allsmilestouallsmilestou perris, CAPosts: 47Member

Wasnt Jeff Hickman that guy that totally oversold WARHAMMER?  He was always spouting off about how great the game was etc and then it launched lmao.

This guy shouldnt be let anywhere near online games. I looked back on some of those early WARHAMMER clips when he was talking about how UBER it was with that other idiot who wore shades and thought he was King Sheot..

Lol...Those two guys are jokes in the industry now......As well they should be.....

• kazamxkazamx manchester, ALPosts: 165Member

Jeff was one of 3 guys who pushed Warhammer. The main guy was Paul Barnett (Dark Hair, British) Jeff (tall, big hair) and Josh (fat guy) I know Josh got sacked a month or so back, not sure about Paul and Jeff.

• allsmilestouallsmilestou perris, CAPosts: 47Member

Thats right, Paul Barnett was the other guy. Yeah lol, he thought he  was Mr. Entertainment until he realized the only thing people were laughing at was a thirty something guy acting like a college kid.

And whats with Hickman and his Eighties "BIGHAIR" do? That dude is locked in the eighties,..Someone go let him out.....

• Siris23Siris23 Minneapolis, MNPosts: 218Member Uncommon

I don't think that last pic is even from this years GenCon, unless Red Sonja and the Halo chick dress exactly the same this year too (including Red Sonja's prize ribbon).