Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A short guide to everything we know about GW2

Comments

• JaxaarJaxaar Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by Serenex

"There are 25 large explorable zones, 8 dungeons, and 6 cities currently planned for Guild Wars 2"- May 24.

Wonder how many more there will be. :)

Each dungeon has 1 story mode and 3 explorerable modes.... so actually there's 32 dungeons so far :D

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

Originally posted by Jaxaar

Originally posted by Serenex

"There are 25 large explorable zones, 8 dungeons, and 6 cities currently planned for Guild Wars 2"- May 24.

Wonder how many more there will be. :)

Each dungeon has 1 story mode and 3 explorerable modes.... so actually there's 32 dungeons so far :D

true, true

• slprslpr Member Posts: 340

Congratulations for this post! It's very informative, i've learn quite alot about GW2.

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

Found cool vid. Dunno if its here in links.

Thief weapons and their skills.

Looks awesome!

• xTalenTxTalenT Member Posts: 29

So excited for this game. Hopefully i will be able to run it well. Gunna need to upgrade my graphics card. =D

• IAmValIAmVal Member Posts: 1

Wow! Thank you for posting this, it's extremely informative! I'm so excited for this game. :P

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Environmental weapons. That is just too cool. And if I could only have one wish come true it would be Anet allowing the Charr to use Asura as environmental weapons. If they did that I would by everyone I know a copy of the game.

All die, so die well.

• KotabearKotabear Member Posts: 13

This might be off topic:

How come there's hardly any MMORPG or RPG games for that matter that have weapon sheaths on their character models. Is hard to implement graphically?? I think having sheaths is better than having the weapons pasted on the chars. backs hehehe.

I was hoping GW2 would have em.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by VikingGamer

Environmental weapons. That is just too cool. And if I could only have one wish come true it would be Anet allowing the Charr to use Asura as environmental weapons. If they did that I would by everyone I know a copy of the game.

Generally I like to think it's a GOOD sign when game developers don't encourage racism.....at least not racist acts that place lives in jeopardy.

:P

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• DiscoDaaXDiscoDaaX Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by just1opinion

Generally I like to think it's a GOOD sign when game developers don't encourage racism.....at least not racist acts that place lives in jeopardy.

While VikingGamer might have used a "bad" exemple, having race-skill combos that would work the same way profession could be a nice feature. (Should it be balanced properly for people not to stack the same 2 races because their racials work too well togheter)

Ex: Asura Golem being enhanced magicly by a Sylvari's restorative magic.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I fail to see how a Charr lobbing spell slinging Asura into the air or toward an enemy is racist. But I suppose I should have made myself more clear that this all assumes that the Asura agreed to be so launched. And forgive me for pointing out, light heartedly, that Asura are small and Charr are big.

All die, so die well.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I fail to see how a Charr lobbing spell slinging Asura into the air or toward an enemy is racist. But I suppose I should have made myself more clear that this all assumes that the Asura agreed to be so launched. And forgive me for pointing out, light heartedly, that Asura are small and Charr are big.

I was kidding. I'd have thought that you would "get" that, being you're also tossing about (no pun intended) a topic light-heartedly.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

The Commando... My favorite, potentially playable, class ever in an MMORPG... and it's an April Fools joke. *CRIES*

• tepthtanistepthtanis Member Posts: 545

Great! Another fluff shop game. Why not charge 15$ a month and eliminate the filth...and fluff? I've waited this long for GW2... just for it to be a Hop and Shop? Instead of a WOW contender??? 

Well go ahead and give an advantage to those that are willing to pay the most money. I myself will pay 15$(monthly) to those games that play fair.

Played Wow, D and L, AOC, GW, Eve, Rift and many more insignificant games.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by tepthtanis

Great! Another fluff shop game. Why not charge 15$ a month and eliminate the filth...and fluff? I've waited this long for GW2... just for it to be a Hop and Shop? Instead of a WOW contender??? 

Well go ahead and give an advantage to those that are willing to pay the most money. I myself will pay 15$(monthly) to those games that play fair.

Are we really going to have this conversation about how GW1 has a cash shop and you go look up what it has and none of it is gamebreaking?

And do we have to pull out the links that say they are doing the same thing they did for GW1 when it comes to the cash shop?

And do I also have to make the comment that I played GW1 without even noticing that a cash shop even existed... oh yea, I already did.. nvm.

This is not a game.

• BlahTeebBlahTeeb Member UncommonPosts: 624

Do you know what fluff is? Fluff is all extra stuff that enhances looks and has no real advantage. You'd rather pay $15 a month for a fair game then pay $0 a month for a fair game?

Your logic, your loss. :)

I guess some people just enjoy being uninformed...

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by BlahTeeb

Do you know what fluff is? Fluff is all extra stuff that enhances looks and has no real advantage. You'd rather pay $15 a month for a fair game then pay $0 a month for a fair game?

Your logic, your loss. :)

I guess some people just enjoy being uninformed...

haha your arrogance :)

Chins

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

What are you talking about, dude? This game is going to be buy-to-play and then you'll be able to purchase cosmetic in-game items. Is prancing around in fancy clothing an unfair advantage to you?

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

Originally posted by Kaerigan

What are you talking about, dude? This game is going to be buy-to-play and then you'll be able to purchase cosmetic in-game items. Is prancing around in fancy clothing an unfair advantage to you?

Wow ppl! Hold off on the linching!!! My bad! I've just gone through several months of playing bad mmo's! I kinda got sucked into the...U have to pay to be good perspective! Don't get to upset with me... :D....I was misinformed from what you folks have told me...

Or was I? Now I'm getting the silent treatment after being pelted from every side...

• claytosclaytos Member Posts: 177

Wow ppl! Hold off on the linching!!! My bad! I've just gone through several months of playing bad mmo's! I kinda got sucked into the...U have to pay to be good perspective! Don't get to upset with me... :D....I was misinformed from what you folks have told me...

a lot of people are misinformed about GW2.

typical "uninformed guy" sayin

-cach shop gonna ruin everything Pay2Win

-F2P game are bad

-all class can self-heal?  HAX

-no dedicated healer? meh

-all class can do everything... so everyone superman

-NC Soft make fail game it will fail.  

-combat will sux : evade evade, evade , evade ....

- nothing innovative , move on (go back to the SWTOR forum)  

those are some of the crap ive heard from "listen_to_lil_Joe_he_know_what_he_is_talking_about"

Originally posted by claytos

a lot of people are misinformed about GW2.

typical "uninformed guy" sayin

-cach shop gonna ruin everything Pay2Win

-F2P game are bad

-all class can self-heal?  HAX

-no dedicated healer? meh

-all class can do everything... so everyone superman

-NC Soft make fail game it will fail.  

-combat will sux : evade evade, evade , evade ....

- nothing innovative , move on (go back to the SWTOR forum)  

those are some of the crap ive heard from "listen_to_lil_Joe_he_know_what_he_is_talking_about"

I can't picture NC Soft making such mistakes... They have pushed most buttons right sofar...  

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

to be fair NC-Soft have only sold barbie outfits and name changes.  Doubt they are gonna start kicking a massive customer base in the face.  And if they do I know I'm gonna start eating Domburi.

Chins

Originally posted by thebigchin11

to be fair NC-Soft have only sold barbie outfits and name changes.  Doubt they are gonna start kicking a massive customer base in the face.  And if they do I know I'm gonna start eating Domburi.

What Mmorpg is your fanfair Chins???

Originally posted by thebigchin11

Let me reiterate chins...What mmorpg did you cut your teeth on?