Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earth Eternal Shutting Down

Joker661Joker661 Member Posts: 36

Really enjoyed Earth Eternal sad to see it go

http://www.eartheternal.com/news/Announcements/some-bad-news

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Shocking to say the least, was definitely not expecting this.

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

Agreed...  This is bad news for one of the few honest FTP games out there.  Played a few months ago while in the Hospital and found it entertaining.  Although there wasnt anything "NeW" and the lagg could get very harsh.  It saddens me to read about MORE people loosing thier jobs.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Furries suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Arguably one of the best F2P games I ever played.  Enjoyed it almost as much as WoW.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475

Oh god, NNNOOO!!!! image

Out of all of the MMO's out there, why did it have to be this game that had to die? If I had the power to super power save it into a top polish game with millions of dollars backing it and could kill off another MMO in it's place, I would kill off WoW instead.

As a dedicated furry fan, I hope that one day we will finally get the perfect big budget polished Furry MMO we've been dreaming of, Earth Eternal had the right idea of what sort of perfect MMO game it should be, an online fantasy Furry game. I love furries, it's what makes me who I am.

Furries forever!!! image

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Furries suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Wasn't all that funny the first time I read it on tentonhammer.com, less funny now.  FYI, Earth Eternal wasn't a "furry" game any more than Winnie the Pooh was a "furry" book.  It's all just fiction.  Does it appeal to the furry community?  Yes, of course.  Was it made explicitly for them?  No.

As to the game shutting down, Sparkplay Media  is shutting down.  Earth Eternal will most likely be bought and continued by another gaming company, although that's not 100%. Even if it is, what will they do with it?  EE is one of those games with a great community and a lot of potential, but it also has major issues.  If I was the new owner, I'd probably put it back into closed beta with the existing accounts--with the understanding that there would be a char wipe when it launched--and concentrate on things like fixing the horrid memory leak, enhancing overall performance, tweaking group mechanics, especially in regards to instances (adding difficulty and loot drop scaling in instances, for example), going through the list of known bugs and resolving them, tweak the credit shop, revamping the chat interface (it sucks) and retooling the economic infrastructure (mailboxes, auction house, and touch up crafting to include the ability to create/discover recipes using most loot drops).

That's just a short list of things I consider critical to the game's success. As with any MMO, there are a ton of great ideas for making them better, but things like performance and an economy are pretty damn important.

~Ripper

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by Shoju

Lol.

Poor EE, I never played it but me and Dr.Furry were on the forums during the early days.

It was fun upsetting some of the community, the debate and arguments were epic and I know for a FACT that the devs loved that game.

Can't say the same for other devs of other games.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

Gutted tbh. I've championed this game on and off since I first heard about it. Never really my cup of tea but I can still recognise a good thing even if it's not my bag.

Really lovely little game enjoyable by people of all ages. Not saying it's perfect, but what is?

The design of EE is far better and more innovative than most of the other dross out there in this increasingly overcrowded market. I just think it got lost in amongst a sea shite. First class dev team too, much like GA.

No surprise at the 'furry' comments, simply reflects the mental age of this website's average reader.

All the best to the team on their next project.

Aryas

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by Aryas

First class dev team too, much like GA. 

Indeed. Btw, who is GA?

The good old days of being chased around by the BEST moderator ever (piggypops) shall be missed.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Man... that's too bad, I really enjoyed this game, thought it was a lot of fun with a lot to give, a real pity. :(

• thepureonethepureone Member Posts: 18

it may be picked up agen dont give up on it yet