Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best scam email (yet)

BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Greetings!

This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s)

Our goal is to make the experience may be the most blizzard games, so we hope to get epic of your feedback for registered users of world of warcraft. We invite you to join an online survey in your feedback will help us to decide what will we focus on the next few months , and will give you a new mounts .

<adress>

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. 

Comments

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

awesome passive-aggressive there. We value your feedback so much that we created an online survey that will give you a new mount.... but oh, by the way, if you do not do this... we will kill your account.

Amazing email, I must agree with the title.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Best? lol I got this email myself and had a good laugh at it.

Give me "a new mounts",  if you are gonna scam at least get the grammar right.

More mistakes:

" the experience may be the most blizzard games"???

And another

"get epic of your "??

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Never got this one yet, what i'm receiving right now are one that says that a character faction/race change is in progress if your not the one that did it click this LINK immediatly to "cancel" it.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by VultureSkull

They are real good when it comes to grammer and spelling. I got one yesterday saying I purchased Starcraft 2. It gave the last four digits of a Vista card. I didnt know our cards were an operating system

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i get the ones telling me i changed info on my account or i've changed my faction.  but this...i mean are they even trying?

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

My WoW accounts are all inactive and I never changed them over to Battlenet and now I'm getting messages about my accounts based on my email addresses so it is quite a joke.

The phising scam to register for the cataclysm beta is written pretty well though and I suspect a few people may have fallen for that one.

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

I've got an awesome one to add! I've never opened the email but the title reads like this, "Your Blizzard.net World of War Craft account has been hacked please respond". Lol I've have never even played the game let alone have an account! 

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Makes ya wanna go all "Jay and Silent Bob" on 'em, don't it?  Not just for trying to fool you, but also for being dumb as a box of Megan Fox's.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by Falcomith

They are real good when it comes to grammer and spelling. I got one yesterday saying I purchased Starcraft 2. It gave the last four digits of a Vista card. I didnt know our cards were an operating system

OMG! Where the heck did you get a Vista card? I wants ones!! Can I get 10 terrabytes of limit on my Vista card?

EDITZ: speeling erorrererz

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

Originally posted by Volkmar

awesome passive-aggressive there. We value your feedback so much that we created an online survey that will give you a new mount.... but oh, by the way, if you do not do this... we will kill your account.

Amazing email, I must agree with the title.

Epic email! I LoLed

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    imageimage

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

It's "grammar"; pot, meet kettle.

Also, the sad part is, someone probably fell for that e-mail.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Lol, a friend of mine told me he got one just like that too.  Said he bought it digitally and all that stuff.

The lengths they go to.  And the amount of people that fall for it is almost depressing.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Yea I dont think these phishers are very bright and I believe like another thread on the subject that they are getting email addresses from this site because at least once a week I get them on an email that was used to set up an account on mmorpg, one that is in no way associated with my warcraft account and yet they keep sending them its odd.

Originally posted by Swanea

Lol, a friend of mine told me he got one just like that too.  Said he bought it digitally and all that stuff.

The lengths they go to.  And the amount of people that fall for it is almost depressing.

He bought it for realz? How much did that scam cost him?

imageimage

Originally posted by Asheram

Yea I dont think these phishers are very bright and I believe like another thread on the subject that they are getting email addresses from this site because at least once a week I get them on an email that was used to set up an account on mmorpg, one that is in no way associated with my warcraft account and yet they keep sending them its odd.

Is your email the same (or close) to your username? did you use that email for any other purpose , like signing up for other websites/forums?

imageimage

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by jimmyman99

Originally posted by Asheram

Is your email the same (or close) to your username? did you use that email for any other purpose , like signing up for other websites/forums?

like I said the email i receive warcraft phishing emails on is in no way shape or form linked to or similar in any way to the name of my warcraft account email or account name and yes I signed up for an account here at mmorpg.com(on the email I get phished on) 

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by Robsolf

Makes ya wanna go all "Jay and Silent Bob" on 'em, don't it?  Not just for trying to fool you, but also for being dumb as a box of Megan Fox's.

Rofl @ This!!!! Ha ha

So far i have got  the

Your  Battle.net account has been hacked(it was the most professional looking one to date I have received and im sure some gullible people have fallen for it.

Your SC2 purchase has been approved(never played SC or even planned on or orders SC2)

Someone made a paid character transfer on my account.

I have a race/faction change in progress.

The funniest thing about all this is all these messages come to my old email address from when i bought the game.Not the new email address i used when i merged battle.net accounts

Gotta love the O.P's message..Looked like it came straight from the Susansexpress spammers or whatever that site was ha

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

The best one i got was offering part in Cataclysm beta, but the email it was supposed to come from was, beware: [email protected]

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

I feel sorry for my brother if he ever starts playing mmos.His dumb ass would get phished/hacked with in a week if he doesn't lose his account to some dude pretending to be a girl first.Hes stupid like that.....

Originally posted by biplex

The best one i got was offering part in Cataclysm beta, but the email it was supposed to come from was, beware: [email protected]

Rofl!

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

They know who plays WoW by using your Facebook details and seeing what you like and take your email from there.

We all know that if you "like" something on facebook, or even put something in your "interests" it automatically links your account to another website in which they can access your information.

-and I could care less if I did not spell everything correctly nor if I was grammatically sound, you people who harp on those things really need lives, more so than us who play video games.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• bloobersbloobers Member UncommonPosts: 23

Here are mine:

Sorry, this one is in German. It was an ingame tell today from a guy called: Blizzacd

Hallo! Blizzard Entertainment Ihnen mitteilen, dass Sie berechtigt sind, im Beta-test telnehmen Katastrophe. Für weitere Informationen besuchen Sie bitte: <link>

Translation, trying to also translate the wrong grammar.

Hello! Blizzard Enteraintment you notifying, that your are entitled, to participate in the Beta-Test "Catastrophe". For further information please visit: <link>

And here is an email. Links are cut out to protect stupid forum readers with a trigger happy mouse.

Greetings!

Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous players’equipments and virtual currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to xxx customers,we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated code strengthen system and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge.

Please open this connection <link>

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic code protection card to you in the form of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games.

If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team

Blizzard Entertainment

These people really trying their best to get your details.

Cheers

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

my favorite one was the vista one that somoene also mentioned earlier.

I have a question............I havent played WoW in over a year. havent looked at any sites with the exception of the armory(after I got my first phising email, just to see if the characters were really xferred) and wow was never installed on my current machine.........I have only begun getting phishing emails in the last 2 months.

where oh where did they get my email from?

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I can beat that. I got one saying my European Blizzard account was hacked. I live in the States and don't even HAVE a Euro account :P

I also got a "Your Account's Been Compromised" email on an email that is not even linked to an account :D

My favorite thought had the subject line "[spam] [scam] Account Compromise". Definitely my favorite. I have nothing that adds those tags by the way :P They were part of the subject line itself.

Sebali, someone in Blizz might be selling them off, a different site may have sold it off, there's a billion different ways. By which I mean like 5 :P

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by skeaser

It's "grammar"; pot, meet kettle.

Also, the sad part is, someone probably fell for that e-mail.

"I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

- Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor

Maybe he wrote this email.