Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elves v humans or guild v guild?

Crim101Crim101 Member Posts: 75

Noob question; I just found out about this game and me and the missus have installed it. Problem is she likes elf and i like human. How does this game work in those terms. Is it like alliance and horde (wow) or can elves and humans be on the same side? We don't want to play too much atm in case we need to start again..

Thanks for your help! :)

Comments

• Shooter-90Shooter-90 Member Posts: 100

Sounds like you two are trying to settle your relationship issues the 21st century way...what did you do...drink from the carton of milk? (Just Kidding) :D

First off it's generically PvE from what I've seen in Govinda, but however you can mark yourself as PvP so other players who are in PvP Mode can kill you. Along with this, you have battlefields which aren't big as WoW's Battlegrounds but it does provide some entertainment with a downside of getting one-hit by level 50's.

Secondly, there is guild to guild. They're been beta testing the Siege War instance for a good couple patches now, hopefully progress has come to it.  Besides from that I do believe you can declare war, but it's done by the leader's will (don't quote me on that one, I'm not in a guild).

So far there is no faction on faction, just having another race helps then add more classes with certain abilities and adds more to the storyline. So technically by storyline, elves and human are on the same side but you can PvP with people with elven classes. Difference between both is the aesthetics and the beginner areas; one on the mainland in Howling Mountains (human) and one on Elven Island (elves). Both would later lead you to Varanas.

For you and your wife to be able to play together can diversify your tactics considering the option between both of you to use Elves and Human classes between both of you. 

Welcome to Runes Of Magic :)

• Crim101Crim101 Member Posts: 75

Thanks for the response :)

PvP isn't something I am likely to explore until I've played a lot further into the game. I was around 80% PvE when I used to play WOW.

From what you are saying I assume it would be possible to both join the same guild/party and also to quest together?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: no probs, tested ourselves today and elves and humans can party/quest together.... ty

Originally posted by Crim101

Thanks for the response :)

PvP isn't something I am likely to explore until I've played a lot further into the game. I was around 80% PvE when I used to play WOW.

From what you are saying I assume it would be possible to both join the same guild/party and also to quest together?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: no probs, tested ourselves today and elves and humans can party/quest together.... ty

No problem, I think I forgot to mention that you can't access the Island as a human I think.

The PvP does bring an upside. If you do do it a lot and collecting points from winning would get you a piece of level 50+ set armour which you can buy as well as various of hard to get items.

• Crim101Crim101 Member Posts: 75

I will be looking at PvP for sure, am very impressed with this game so far. We are both enjoying it!

I still have a long way to go though, hit level 12 last night lol!

I've been impressed with both the quality and finish of the game and also the community which is always a big plus :)

Sounds like you're on track. The drop off is around level 25 but if you stick to questing and dailies at around your level, you should be able to stay afloat.