Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The true rating for EQ2!

2»

Comments

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

When WoW is released world wide, EQ2 will be a ghost town. Actually, in about 2-3 months EQ2 will be a ghost town anyhow since people have realized what a crappy and repetitive game it is.

rawr

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by pirrg
    When WoW is released world wide, EQ2 will be a ghost town. Actually, in about 2-3 months EQ2 will be a ghost town anyhow since people have realized what a crappy and repetitive game it is.rawr

be careful guys

or this is gonna turn into a typical locked post. ::::20::

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

One thing that comes to my mind when reading all these great reviews about WoW is CoH. Everybody who reviewed it loved it and said it was the most fun they had in an MMORPG ever. Now look whats happened. The fact is you can't review an MMORPG after a week or two of play like all these mags/sites have done.

Like I said before you can get to the end game so fast in WoW that even if the end game is good, it can only last so long. I think WoW is a really cool game but I fear that it's going to fade out after a while. And pirrg, I can assure you EQ2 will not be a ghost town for years to come. I mean, people still play L2 and that is a pretty crappy game. Your posts really show off your age/maturity level pirrg. I'm guessing anywhere form 12-14 right? If you are older, I feel really bad for you and those that have to associate with you.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

Originally posted by En1Gma

be careful guys
    or this is gonna turn into a typical locked post. ::::20::

'Twas ever thus.  Why not just resign yourself to the inevitable and slap the ole lock on image

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by Saigonshakes

One thing that comes to my mind when reading all these great reviews about WoW is CoH. Everybody who reviewed it loved it and said it was the most fun they had in an MMORPG ever. Now look whats happened. The fact is you can't review an MMORPG after a week or two of play like all these mags/sites have done.
    Like I said before you can get to the end game so fast in WoW that even if the end game is good, it can only last so long. I think WoW is a really cool game but I fear that it's going to fade out after a while. And pirrg, I can assure you EQ2 will not be a ghost town for years to come. I mean, people still play L2 and that is a pretty crappy game. Your posts really show off your age/maturity level pirrg. I'm guessing anywhere form 12-14 right? If you are older, I feel really bad for you and those that have to associate with you.

You do realize that WoW has been in an NON-NDA beta for the last year or so... right? Blizzard had nothing to hide like most mmorpgs, everquest 2 included. If SOE had discarded the NDA from the start of closed beta like blizzard did with WoW, everyone would have instantly seen what a crappy game EQ2 is. Ofcourse SOE cant have that, so everything high-end is secret. Sure they share what happens the first 1-5 levels or so, but nothing beyond that. Since everything beyond that is ZZzZzz.

People got tired of CoH because its repetitive after you realize your doing the same thing and killing the same boring mobs over and over. Kind of like EQ2. In about 2 months or so EQ2's playerbase will have been decimated by 50-60% just like SWG, another product of SOE.

rawr

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Well actually, EQ2 fanbase is increasing at a steadfast rate.

So what does WoW have to do later on, PvP??? Ohhhh YAY! PvP!!! Anything else? Both EQ2 and WoW have raids, there is really nothing else you can do later on. It seems to me that both games are very similar, with just minor differences that narrow down to opinions. If you want an easy no skill needed game, then enjoy WoW my friend ::::28::

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• siayaksiayak Member Posts: 5
    Your right you cant review a game after just a couple weeks of play thats why i changed my review of eq2 because at first it was fun then after a month of play i had a hard time trying to find something fun to do just like the other soe products they just suck I've learned my lesson no more of there crap for me if your happy with it good for you but i like fun games and wow is it .

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Why do you think EQ2 is not fun? I really dont see how you could say that. Pretty much all mmorpgs now days are exactly the same, all you do is level.

In WoW before level 20 you solo quests, in EQ2 under 20 you group. In WoW after 20 you have 2-3 people doing quests, in EQ2 you group. Not much difference here. It narrows down to if you want to solo/quest or group to level. I prefer grouping. EQ2 looks better then WoW, its more immersive then WoW. WoW has more players then EQ2. EQ2 has a more complex crafting system,WoWs is easy, you hit creat all and your done, in EQ2 you actually have to use your brain.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

Originally posted by Anofalye
    Originally posted by jayheld90 you really have a vendetta against guilds, dont you, anofalye. i think you must have had a few bad experiences... image
    A vendetta would mean I am actually hunting them down or planning doing it.

I aint going to do either, but I will certainly complain anytime I see that guilds get to enforce ''how to reach the high end'' in any game. I dont like them, I dont trust them, I dont want to be anywhere close to them.

My personnal experience is not THAT bad, however, slaves always revolts, and when a game want to make me a slave to a guild, I dont play that game long and I complain openly. (I am a powerplayer, so to give the best groups and solo items to guilds only enslaves me to them which is not cool because I aint a guild lover, which lead to open scorn). Someone can argue that I need to stop been a powerplayer, but that would be like arguing that I need to stop loving icecream, you wont change an old monkey. I play a game to reach the TOP of what I am doing...if I solo, I need to at least been able to dream about been the best soloer(I might fail and lack, but at least dreaming) and using the best road to it(not a lame twice longer road, if all those on top before me are raiders I will scorn, if they are soloers, I will try harder), a raiding game remove this and thereby is not a game I will play for any serious lenght of time.
    - "Solo is, will always be, the main market. A MMORPG that succeed with little or no solo appeal is doing great considering they are ignoring the main player base.''

actually vendetta means a bitter quarrel or fued.... i didnt say you were a bounty hunter.

Children In Back Seats Cause Accidents. Accidents In Back Seats Cause Children.

• djp.netdjp.net Member UncommonPosts: 34

Originally posted by jayheld90
    actually vendetta means a bitter quarrel or fued.... i didnt say you were a bounty hunter.

Who mentioned a bounty ? What's a Fued ?

Perhaps this proves exactly what Anofalye was saying about many Guilds (being led by illiterate/ignorant/intolerant/immature 14 year olds wiith a Power-me/Slavemaster mentality).

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

Why do u ppl boder about who has the bigger rating?

Personaly i wouldn't mind to see some players leaving as i can't stand the lag and Antonia, Najena or Runnyeye are just a few servers that need some clearing.

WOW has attracted the vast majority of pvp-ers indead, but i still hope  that  SOE will consider some sort of pvp in EQ2, even if i have to wait a full year for that.

Generaly a game concentrated on PVE and Crafting has better content and the dev teams can work better on improving the game without having to deal constantly with balancing the clases and races for pvp .

I do also consider that EQ2 is the last big chance of SOE to regain it's costumers by offering a good quality product and i truely hope they will succed with EQ2.

• BagItTagItBagItTagIt Member Posts: 164

Originally posted by DerfelCadarn

But does 92 suit WoW?

I personally don't think so...nor do i think that blizzard can necessarily make this work for the long haul.  the reason i went with eq2 initially was bc of their established success and understanding of MMORPGs.  low and behold, ive been enjoying it since day 1.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by pirrg

You do realize that WoW has been in an NON-NDA beta for the last year or so... right? Blizzard had nothing to hide like most mmorpgs, everquest 2 included. If SOE had discarded the NDA from the start of closed beta like blizzard did with WoW, everyone would have instantly seen what a crappy game EQ2 is. Ofcourse SOE cant have that, so everything high-end is secret. rawr

hehe..I always do get a little chuckle out of these posts....and the kind that says "Game so and so really is hiding something because they didn't have open beta."

NDA: The purpose of a Non Disclosure Agreement is to make sure that the game developers coding, graphics, ideas, etc does not get leaked and, therefor, provide a structural bases of a similiar mmorpg to leech ideas from.

It has been like this since before mmorpgs were even big. They still make beta testers for Playstation2 games and Nintendo Game Cube games sign these NDAs. (Bet some of ya didn't know they have beta testers for consoles did ya?)

Anyways, to say "Game X didn't have an NDA must mean that game Y is hiding something" is just plain silly. Quite frankly, Blizzard took a chance NOT having a NDA because if another company got a hole of their coding the only thing they could do is try to sue for copyright-likeness infringement and they wouldn't be able to touch the person who sold the code. But if Blizzard did not want an NDA that's totally fine...nothing against them whatsoever for going another route (however if you were not signed to any of their games you could not post on their forums...I could make an argument about that but I wont ::::28:: )

The way Betas are going these days are rather disheartening. Instead of people (like 10 to 4 years ago) actually trying to make a game a good game you now have companies that do the following:

1. Require you to pay a file planet subscription fee to get a beta spot
    2. Have an open beta and advertise that its a free month before purcase (Lineage 2)
    3. Writing contests, drawing contests, etc to get a spot
    4. Going to the developers booth at an E3 convention and signing your name

Those are some. Im not saying its wrong to do it like this...I just don't personally like them. I liked it when they picked you because they wanted to:

1. See if you system could run the game
    2. Because of your experience provided in your beta registration sheet
    3. Demographics

But that's my opinion. However, it's just silly to say one company is hiding something because the other company didnt have a NDA. Same rule applies to those games who had open beta and those who did not; it's the companies pergotive...if the game sucks, people will know about it before release either way and if someone was concerned that a game sucks...wait a week and read the reviews many people have on the game (some site have their members play the game for months before release and then when it goes gold or the NDA is lifted, they'll post the reviews)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.