Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Against All Odds - The Test

2»

Comments

• HyperfishHyperfish Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by jezvin

It's too late, they needed 3 realms...

Yes true, having three realms in a pvp game, (and the dynamics that offers), is pretty much the main reason people still look on DAOC so fondly. Also having followed the game before release for about three years I always had a suspicion that Mythic came across as far too arrogant for their own good.  It was almost as if they believed their own hype without backing any of their claims about WAR with actual footage.  Saying that maybe they were restricted by the GW people, as from what I hear there almost as tight fisted and highly strung as their Marvel counter parts :P

• MadninMadnin Member Posts: 55

Death to Order! Gank squads gear up and kill the stragglers. Hold those BO's, it'll flip soon!

haha, now that I've been beat down countless times....and finally getting a decent renown rank, it's getting addictive, and some nights are epic fun....but if you don't like to die....

btw, renown rank 80 is a long long haul. You Will struggle at the lower ranks, but with a good guild and some smarts, you can have lots of fun. For me it's addicting. When you get to the higher rrank, you will be causing lots of misery. Carebears and questers need not apply.

For others, this is the only game currently,  that fills my desire to kill things, (the rush you get from retaking a keep, or finally melting that idiot slayer that killed me 17 times.....yes I have a kill board and vengeance is mine!! lol),all the others I've tried are a waste of my time.

"It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth -- and listen to the song of that syren, till she transforms us into beasts. ... Are we disposed to be of the number of those, who having eyes, see not, and having ears, hear not?" --Patrick Henry

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Don't get why AoC was brought up that game is already on the rise 

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

The usual trolls, posting the usual crap over and over and over... 

This news article is about WAR's latest patch and an event on the test server. While it says "inviting everyone" they refer to their now active players cause that post is copy & pasted from the game's website. Nobody would ever invite someone who isn't playing their game on the test server.

While you have every right to not like a game, you don't have the right to post your generic negative rant on every thread that is about that game. It's pointless. Make new threads if you wanna rant about the game... can't you trolls create new threads? I bet you can.

---

Now onto the article:

The interesting thing about this event is that they revealed an idea they had about removing friendly collision detection. It went like that: People started playing on the event and the developers were there to see their reactions. They had stealth-removed the friendly collision detection without telling the players so. Funny thing is that no player understood it, until the developers themselves told them so.

The reason behind this was that with friendly collision detection turned off, there was a good performance gain in large scale battles and that was the whole point of the event.

Now, as the developers explained, it isn't something that will definitely go into Live. They were just testing it. In fact it has a lot of implications with the way combat works in WAR. So everyone is skeptical about it. There is a thread about this on the official forums and another one on WHA if you are interested in joining the discussion.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319

The thing a few of us kind of expected (old Daoc players that is) ...is that when Mythic TRADEMARKED   Realm vs Realm, THAT was what the game was gonna be about,  NOT scenario vs scenario to please the Blizz kids.

In Daoc, back in the day....we had realm pride, we fought for territory and we fought our enemies because thats what you did.   We didn't stand there with our hands out wanting candy for doing what we did.      The idea was to protect what you had, protect your guild, your Realm.

Today's gamer seems not to want to do ANYTHING without being patted on the head and handed  a cookie for doing so.   Hence why...in War..there was no Realm pride.  

The big mistake was the scenarios ...should have been less work on those, less rewards for doing scenarios, they should have been treated like the mini games THEY ARE>

Realm vs Realm, that means you are out in the countryside,  running from place to place, not cooped up in a little 20 by 20 pvp box, ala Wow.

This is why I left.....and this is exactly what Mythic should be focussing on.    You can't beat Wow, you can't be like them..nobody has the time nor money to do so...so INSTEAD, be yourselves and create the real War game, not based on anything that Wow does, but based on Warhammer and the past 25 years history.  

I might think about coming back..if things change for the better.   Btw I was a closed beta tester for War...just as an aside.