Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Account Change Notification

VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

I bought Aion about 45 days ago, played it for 2 weeks didn't like it, let it run out.

I get this email today which I can obviously see is a fake

This is an automated notification regarding your Aion Game Account. Someone at 220.78.232.57 has reset your account options.

If you made this change to your subscription type, please disregard this automatic notification.

*** If you did NOT make any changes to your account or subscription, we recommend you login to Account Management at the following link to review your account settings:

Removed link for safety

If you cannot sign into Account Management using the link above, or if unauthorized changes continue to happen, please contact NCsoft Support Services for advanced assistance.

Regards,

NCsoft Team

The hyperlink goes to somewhere totally unrelated, which I did not click, I could tell by hovering over it.

I've played WOW and I get these emails allt he time as do millions of other people.

The thing that I think really puzzles us all is how are they getting these emails address to spam us with phishing emails? I mean at this point nothing short of companies employees selling email address to gold farmer sites holds any water.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

Comments

• ErythrocyteErythrocyte Member Posts: 103

They go everywhere and to all email addresses.  I get this kind of stuff for games and services that I've never had an account for on a regular basis.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

Aion's account management system has security that's as strong as a wet paper bag. My account was hacked by gold sellers after it had been inactive for months. NCSoft didn't even have the common courtesy of sending me an email letting me know it had been banned. I will never ever buy another NCSoft game.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

yep Always get WoW and Aion, those 2 are the worst of them all.

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

I've gotten phising emails for games that I've never bought or played so I don't think it is a conspiracy by the game manufacturers or developers themselves. You could use the same logic and accuse gaming sites like MMORPG, Massively and Ten Ton Hammer as selling their user emails but none of them would be so silly and short sighted do such a thing.

I do know that it is pretty well been confirmed that if you visit or purchase items from any gold seller that your email address will be targeted though I'm not claiming you have done this but those emails addresses do get shared and sold around among the companies that do this.

One thing about people claiming that their inactive account has been hacked which is generally not true is that making an inactive account active usually requires paying for game time and these people have no interest in doing that.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Shouldn't post an active link to a phishing site in these forums.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon