Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy another Cryptic game?

Comments

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

Originally posted by Timukas

Haven't played any Craptic game so far but as much as I know from other people's experience they are not worth my time and money. Read enough about their scams.

This. Never bothered to buy any game of them, as its known for a longer time that they are producing half broken stuff and demand full price.

Besides that non of their games can be called MMOPRG by my definition.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

I don't think I will play anymore of Cryptic's games. I've only tried two in beta, including Star Trek.

Their Idea of a good game and My idea of a good game simply do not coincide. /shrug

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

If I liked what the game had to offer, sure. To me it isn't about the company behind the game, it is the features and setting that matter most. As much as everyone hates SoE and Cryptic, they are major players and will continue in that space for the forseeable future.

That said, Cryptic would have to be VERY open about the status of their next game and provide better visibility into what they HAVE, not what they are planning for launch.

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

Never!

I would slide down a 20 foot razor blade into a vat of lemon juice before i would ever touch another product made by that fast cash grab of a company.

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

"Will you ever buy another Cryptic game?"

No.

I don't want to ever hear of the "Cryptic" name again, or that they even exist.

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...

• windasmwindasm Member UncommonPosts: 86

No,

I dont really  feel that Cryptic has ripped me off. They just dont make my style of games.  I should have known better  than to buy STO myself.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Although STO was not my cup of tea, and it is pretty horrible, the arena ground combat was a blast(But I can't see myself playing only for that aspect considering it doesn't always launch during my playtimes)

What I love most about this thread is the idea of "Cryptic butching ST IP"  Are you people in a cave?  There is a reason why StarTrek is not on TV right now.  It doesn't appeal to the masses.  How about you look at the new take on Startrek and wonder why it has a different storyline and had more of a mass appeal.  Your daddy's Startrek is no more.  Cryptic's player base is the short attention span, want to play for an hour and get instant gratification.  In Startrek, you can do that.  Seriously when they say you can reach cap in like 50hrs before it was released what did you expect?

• HermnHermn Member Posts: 17

gief poll, also NO

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

No, their previous offerings have never really held my interest for long and their current production strategy (complete development on a limited set of features in 2 years or less and add content after launch) doesn't sit well with me.

I prefer my games to launch a bit more fully featured.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TsnowTsnow Member Posts: 74

NOPE!  they lost me as a customer for life!!

I don't begrudge them the right to make shallow, boring, repetitive, games,

They will just have to do it with out my investment!!

Fool me once shame on you - CO

Fool me twice shame on me - STO

"One word, Thundercougarfalconbird."

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

I would buy a game from several game companies, sight unseen. These include Bethesda, BioWare, and Sid Meier games.

Also, some game companies I would not buy from: Cryptic.

If the game was out and had good reviews, AND it didn't have an obvious greed component, AND it appealed to me personally, AND it was cheap and well supported, THEN I "might" buy another game from Cryptic.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Is it too late to change my mind?

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Most definatly not, and yes I got suckerd into a lifetime.   To boldly go where no mini map and two instances have never gone before?   I'm banning Cryptic after this game.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by fistorm

Most definatly not, and yes I got suckerd into a lifetime.   To boldly go where no mini map and two instances have never gone before?   I'm banning Cryptic after this game.

But momma, I WANT OFF THIS TRAAAAAIIIIINNNNNN

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• NyQuil81NyQuil81 Member Posts: 101

Never, Cryptic is dead to me.  And this is coming from a guy who still plays 3 SOE games.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by NyQuil81

Never, Cryptic is dead to me.  And this is coming from a guy who still plays 3 SOE games.

LOL that's saying something when Cryptic is a bigger devil than SOE.

As to the OP's question:  Nope.  I'll never buy another Cryptic game.  They'll never get another dime from me. 

• KuatosuneKuatosune Member UncommonPosts: 219

Originally posted by sulthar

nope, not event with a 10' pole.

How about not wanting to touch another one of their games with a pole that would touch the MOON!

But the bad thing about bad companies is that they tend to change their name but keep the same bunch of idiots who ruined the old company.  So everyone be on the lookout for a name change! 

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by Kuatosune

How about not wanting to touch another one of their games with a pole that would touch the MOON!

But the bad thing about bad companies is that they tend to change their name but keep the same bunch of idiots who ruined the old company.  So everyone be on the lookout for a name change! 

Guess we'll have to skip any MMO published by Atari, just to be safe.

• RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154

Not only no, but hell no. Everything they have put including CoH was either broke or incomplete. Star trek online have to buy races that should have been in the standard game and lack luster gameplay, not to mention brken at release. Champions, broken, repetitive, lacking content from the begining. CoH is only like it is today cause NCSoft bought Cryptic out and started developing it on it's own, otherwise would have still sucked and would have gone down the toilet long time ago.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Not a chance.

• SathonysSathonys Member Posts: 58

Nope.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I will NEVER buy anything from these incompetent clowns.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Nope. They're hands down the worst example of a company with dishonest and underhanded practices while delivering sub-standard products in the genre.

• lenathianlenathian Member UncommonPosts: 12

Nope. I played several of their Betas, and wasn't happy with any of their games.

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

im a dam fool, i got suckered into Champons as i thought coh/v where good for there time and thought champions would only turn out even better, i did not and its a terrible game.

i then thought they would not dare ruin one of the best ip's out there and bought the collectors edition of sto as im a sci fi nut and it would tie me over till the old republic, dam i was so wrong as i only managed 2 weeks in the worst excuse for a mmo ive ever seen that makes the lowest f2p korean grinders look good, but ive been stung twice by this terrible company and they wont be a 3rd time.

i hope they all rot and go out of buisness soon.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's